Quantcast

£¥£¥£¥ źwift finally releases “skullet” hairstyle for your avatar•¥•¥•¥•¥•. Friday gmt

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Even my fucking farmbox is sending April Fools jokes. I thought we agreed to skip this year, have you assholes looked at the state of things lately?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Countertop guy coming to measure today. Friends over for drinks and dinner after school.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
While I hail from the bustling metropolis of Ft. Wayne, most of my mother's side family is in Greentown, just outside of Kokomo. We'll be spending a couple-three days there visiting, with no plans on heading more north to visit the Old Hood. I did think about a jaunt up into The Mitten to ride Yankee Springs or Ft. Custer, so Teh Spousal Unit™ could experience the trails I cut my teeth on, but that would add time and complexity to an already full itinerary. Whereabouts are you?

EDIT: it should also be noted that I considered hitting some stuff in Southern Indiana on the way to Chattavegas... maybe Gnawbone or Brown County? Only made it down that way once or twice back when I lived there. We most often went into Michigan.
Small world. Warsaw. Franke park in FW has became a pretty decent trail for the area. Frozen Custard is still pretty decent but a hell of a haul from Greentown. The Andrews trail just north of south bend is an easy drive and one of the best around that area. Straight up hwy 31.
We have a trail here in Warsaw, it’s fun, but probably not worth the drive up unless you just have the burning desire.
Brown County has done a lot of work in the last 5-6 years. Pretty easy to do a 20 mile loop ride there.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We host a bike festival each year (17th annual this year) and a 5-600 riders that show up would say else wise :D

But no, compared to real mountain it’s sucks, but it a hell of a lot better than road riding.
I mentioned it somewhere else this morning... mt biking > not mt biking. :thumb:

And if I found myself (@FSM forbid) in the general Indiana area, I'd drop by for a ride and some food.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Text from CPA: you might want to hold off on the bike for Wifey. I'll have better numbers by Monday.

Mother. Fucker. Let's see if we can hit $10k again...:butcher:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Gave the bike a good clean yesterday, Rotorua dust is very fine, gets everywhere. PITA. New wheels haven’t lost even a single lb of pressure in their two weeks of life I think, which is nice. Rear shock is now the leakiest component as my forks never seem to loose pressure either.
Also got a critical part for a project build l am doing, so that’s on the way now. Yay workshop day! The weather is amazing though, feel a bit bad for not riding but I have worked out a lot this week, kinda achy.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Hot damn, 9hrs sleep with no tablets.
I did half a day at work Thursday because I was so tired and get stupid random pains when my sleep is proper fucked.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Someone asked me what is the worst thing that you could have to deal with while thru hiking and I immediate thought of having to crawl out of your tent with diarrhea and vomiting from Norovirus during an ice storm. But even as you were retching your guts out, you could take solace that you are not road riding.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Someone asked me what is the worst thing that you could have to deal with while thru hiking and I immediate thought of having to crawl out of your tent with diarrhea and vomiting from Norovirus during an ice storm. But even as you were retching your guts out, you could take solace that you are not road riding.
All this but while having a bad acid trip

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Haha, I just found out I get two full days paid online training (they said it’s about three hours of short sessions per day), and I can do it here in Mexico.
(which will start my insurance sooner.)
FKNA.
also told them about Peru and Denver later this month and early May, they said “No worries, Mate”.
In those words.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My youngest had a bit of a growth spurt and now she is big enough to get on a 26”. Hooray. Just spent the morning adjusting that Orange I built to fit her. Moved the shock mount as far forward as reasonably possible, put like 130psi in the shock and cut the bars alot, levers dialled nearly all the way in, found a comfy saddle, golden. Happy dad.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shit, I might have stumbled across a Banshee Spitfire frame tonight for a deal.

Not ideal timing with trying to save for a car, but uhhhh damn. Will need to compare geometry, as my current medium Banshee frame feels just a smidgen too short.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The squirting dirties in a snow pit at 15° at 2am sucks big time. I have not consumed freeze dried beef stroganoff since then.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Shit, I might have stumbled across a Banshee Spitfire frame tonight for a deal.

Not ideal timing with trying to save for a car, but uhhhh damn. Will need to compare geometry, as my current medium Banshee frame feels just a smidgen too short.
Which version?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey test rode a Fuel EX and felt pretty good on it. New geometry and a dropper post are, as expected, game changers. Still nervous, but felt okay. She's not comfortable spending $2700 on a bike, but is torn because she knows that we can't get her a used bike for much less than that.