Quantcast

£¥£¥£¥ źwift finally releases “skullet” hairstyle for your avatar•¥•¥•¥•¥•. Friday gmt

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
which model level Fuel EX. The rear shock on mine sucks
2022 EX5. This was more about fit though. I now get to play the game of trying to find a used bike where the cost savings are greater that the cost for any repairs needed. I'm not optimistic.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
2022 EX5. This was more about fit though. I now get to play the game of trying to find a used bike where the cost savings are greater that the cost for any repairs needed. I'm not optimistic.
Just get a new bike.

Less headache in the long run and depending who you're dealing with, used bike prices are like used cars now; not very good.

At least with a new bike there is no mystery and you'll know it'll work for a few years without needing any attention.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just get a new bike.

At least with a new bike there is no mystery and you'll know it'll work for a few years without needing any attention. .
unless, of course, it came with Shimano wandering point brakes, Fox or Rock Shox, EXO tires, or a Reverb seatpost, in which case, it will explode into flames, and you will die instantly.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Solar contracts signed. July/August we are powered by the sun.
Prepare to wait a long time for Xcel to come out and approve it/install a meter once it’s done. Iirc took from May completion through July powering on for us.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've heard that when you die, your life expenses drop to zero. Win/win?
This also means we stop using gas/coal powered electricity to keep the house cool during the summer, etc. Designed so that capacity is for 120% of our current usage. Accordingly, as our usage increases (see Wifey's next car being electric - which is confirmed) we stay off said production as well. Good for the kiddos - eh? Also with looking at the used bike it means only one person is leading to additional production vs. two, which again is better long-term. Can I get a @Changleen vote?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You could have just signed up for Xcel's Renewable*Connect or Wind Source programs. :D But yes, right long term course of action.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This also means we stop using gas/coal powered electricity to keep the house cool during the summer, etc. Designed so that capacity is for 120% of our current usage. Accordingly, as our usage increases (see Wifey's next car being electric - which is confirmed) we stay off said production as well. Good for the kiddos - eh? Also with looking at the used bike it means only one person is leading to additional production vs. two, which again is better long-term. Can I get a @Changleen vote?
Your wife still has zero bikes

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Fuck yeah!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Meanwhile in China and India, 1500 new coal plants were built.
And tonnes of solar, wind and increasingly hydrogen. Others doing nothing is no excuse to do nothing yourself anyway. People don’t seem to understand how desperate the situation is, and at the same time how much of the solution is at our fingertips. Just fucking stop burning stuff. It’s that simple. When you replace anything, choose the zero combustion option.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Once the planet is out of coal they will mine crypto, and Mrs stoney still won't have a bike.
FYI, China invested $266 billion in renewable power tech last year, the highest on the planet. The US was a distant second at $114b, Germany 3rd at $64b. Even India is announcing huge amounts into stuff like green hydrogen. Change is happening, but it needs to go faster. We haven’t even stopped CO2 emissions growth yet. This is getting desperate.