@eric strt6 ......

you and the missus need something like this....since she makes all the money

there is a residence in that barn...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Pretty sure whoever landscaped our property went down the invasive/nuisance species checklist and started picking. We've got:

Burning Bush
Bittersweet
Buckthorn
Autumn Olive
Honeysuckle

Not technically invasive but will take over if left unchecked (spoiler, they've been left unchecked):
Virginia creeper
Japanese pachysandra
Wild grape vines

My eradication and naturalization program are in full swing.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
unlike my fellow north cackalackian, i did not sleep enough. but writing is mostly done and i'm up and coffeeing and wrangling the kids to school. so here we are.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:wave:

Pretty sure whoever landscaped our property went down the invasive/nuisance species checklist and started picking. We've got:

Burning Bush
Bittersweet
Buckthorn
Autumn Olive
Honeysuckle

Not technically invasive but will take over if left unchecked (spoiler, they've been left unchecked):
Virginia creeper
Japanese pachysandra
Wild grape vines

My eradication and naturalization program are in full swing.
TBH this is all of MA.

My last property was 30% bittersweet mixed with some greenbriar. My current property is burning bush, bittersweet, and buckthorn. And creeper and poison ivy at both.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
WFH today. Been a busy couple of weeks and I am looking forward to pajamas all day. Maybe a bike ride in the afternoon. Company just announced several hundred million in financing, so we should be OK there. Trying to get the TT bike built up but I've been unmotivated recently and haven't gotten it done.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So had a group ride yesterday. Was fun despite waiting for slower riders.

Saw some flaging in my signature double D trail. Trail was built solo 5 years ago. Took me +/-300 hours of dirt moving, benching and a whole lot of rock armoring. Now local trail organization bought the land and are probably planning a wider, tone down version of it. They will need to create a dozen bypasses for all the advanced gaps and drops... Saying I am pissed right now is an understatement.

Saw some flaging in my signature double D trail. Trail was built solo 5 years ago. Took me +/-300 hours of dirt moving, benching and a whole lot of rock armoring. Now local trail organization bought the land and are probably planning a wider, tone down version of it. They will need to create a dozen bypasses for all the advanced gaps and drops... Saying I am pissed right now is an understatement.
What I'm observing post-pandemic is grotesque overuse of trails everyplace I go. Singletrack becoming quadratrack, strava lines, dropped trash...

Also too goddamn much machine built bermy stuff, soon to be destroyed by braking bumps and all that.

Whine, whine, whine...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, muchambruhs! I rode 25 miles on the tri bike last night, mostly an easy ride despite the wind being a pain in the ass. My route was basically an oval shaped out and back. 20 mph outbound, and 16 mph inbound due to said wind. Then I was up early this morning for a good 2600 yard swim.

WFH day with no meetings. I've got plenty of work to keep me busy.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
@eric strt6 ......

you and the missus need something like this....since she makes all the money

there is a residence in that barn...
fuck that:
one it's in North Carolina fuck that
two horse shit and pee stinks
three horse shit and pee attracts tons of flies
four horses are fucking loud
five I ain't mucking stalls then paying someone to haul away the horse shit

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
What I'm observing post-pandemic is grotesque overuse of trails everyplace I go. Singletrack becoming quadratrack, strava lines, dropped trash...

Also too goddamn much machine built bermy stuff, soon to be destroyed by braking bumps and all that.

Whine, whine, whine...
Where is the rep system when you need it?
You and Jozz: keep up fighting the good fight! Why does every god damn trail need to get sanitized? I stopped helping with trail building because the trail bosses around here only want bermy flow trails. Red and black ratings mean gaps, jumps and man-made rock gardens, but not technical root sections or loam. Granted, their trails are fun, but sometimes I want to ride natural stuff. Same as with pizza: it is good, but not everyday for lunch and dinner.
Good that all the long-travel, 29" enduro ebikes are so capable now, how would we be able to ride those gnarly smooth flow trails otherwise. :rolleyes:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Back from travelling for work attending a conference. Now catching up with work. As I took the car for the travel, I could pick up some additions to my collection on the way. :cool:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Went Leeroy Jenkins on an email chain at work yesterday. Feathers were ruffled and the boss had to step in. Curious how this will play out. In the meantime, there will be a work lunch at a nice sushi place today.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fuck that:
one it's in North Carolina fuck that
two horse shit and pee stinks
three horse shit and pee attracts tons of flies
four horses are fucking loud
five I ain't mucking stalls then paying someone to haul away the horse shit
dogs shit and pee stinks....in your house even...

dogs are loud.

nc....you really should pull that telephone pole out of your ass....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Frost advisory is out for tonight. I just planted stuff in the garden, not sure that I have enough buckets to cover everything up. :(

I'm one of those slow pokes. :busted:

They bought land...I assume they'll want to charge you for access now as well? That sucks :( Hopefully you can talk some sense into them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Whine, whine, whine...
This. While the overuse is one thing, the trash is inexcusable. Tim Hortons coffee cups are the worst up here, people will haul them deep into the woods and just leave them there. And the dog shit in bags left on the side of the trail - I mean come on, you've already stopped, bent over and picked up the shit. Why leave it there? Carry it out....or just don't bag it and kick it into the bush.

And yeah, enough with the berms (see my post in that other trail forum). Berms on every corner, uphill, downhill, flat areas etc. I find it HILARIOUS when a trail club spends countless hours putting in a berm, only for it to not flow with the trail and people just ride straight through the corner.....like how the trail was before they started digging!

The best trails in our area are in a forest that is on crown land, so there is a strict no building policy in place. The trails are just how they are. Granted the advocacy group for the forest is a run by a bunch of nature loving hikers (not hating...its true), so there is some good with the bad, but its mostly kept the single track in there as true single track.

But go down the road to where the local bike club manages the trails and thats where you find all the berms, unmaintained berms, stupid sandy unsupported bench cuts and the list goes on.

/rant :panic:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
dogs shit and pee stinks....in your house even...

dogs are loud.

nc....you really should pull that telephone pole out of your ass....
I have had horses at home .no fucking way I'm doing that again. My dogs only bark if someone is at the door and only go in the house if they are sick which is rare. You can take the SE and the humidity I'll take dry heat and the Sierras and Cascades

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Morning. I have had Gout for the last 10 days on my left foot. 55 years old,first time for me. Bloody Fucking Hell. I went to my Foot Dr. Yesterday. Two 1/2 years ago he Fixed my Right toe. I had the exact same pain back then thinking it was Gout. He said Avy you are bone one bone. Where the Big Toe comes into the foot,there is a gap for liquid to aid in bending. I had no gap from up and down at work. So he got his grinder out and rounded both the foot and toe so the Toe nestles into the foot. He took off more than a 1/2 inch of bone,then he puts a long screw through the foot into the toe,followed by a staple coming down over the screw.
3 mounths recovery and a shorter Big Toe. I should have dealt with that matter right away. Instead I waited till I was literally dragging my foot.

So I am there and right away he tells me Gout. Don’t worry Avy,X-rays,blood work and some meds is comin ASAP. He checks the X-rays to make sure my Bones are OK. We have to wait an hour for BloodWork but he is sure. As he is about to leave,I said Dr! How about you give Avy a shot for the Pain? You want one Avy? Umm,yeah Dr.,look at it. He said I will have to stick it deep into the Knuckle of the Big Toe. Which is where all the pain starts and spreads the skin so tight if you took a razor blade across my foot it would split open like a Ripe Plum. I’m ready Dr. Fuck that was Nasty,the more he pushed,it felt like he was sucking my foot into the Needle,which was big. The shot was wonderful afterwords. It’s just Acid eating all of my joints. I’m fecked(Irish),Feckin Feck!

Avy

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You can take the SE and the humidity I'll take dry heat and the Sierras and Cascades
you left out forest fires....mud slides....poor air quality....traffic....

I dont sweat in dry triple digit heat....no one said ever....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Morning. I have had Gout for the last 10 days on my left foot. 55 years old,first time for me. Bloody Fucking Hell. I went to my Foot Dr. Yesterday. Two 1/2 years ago he Fixed my Right toe. I had the exact same pain back then thinking it was Gout. He said Avy you are bone one bone. Where the Big Toe comes into the foot,there is a gap for liquid to aid in bending. I had no gap from up and down at work. So he got his grinder out and rounded both the foot and toe so the Toe nestles into the foot. He took off more than a 1/2 inch of bone,then he puts a long screw through the foot into the toe,followed by a staple coming down over the screw.
3 mounths recovery and a shorter Big Toe. I should have dealt with that matter right away. Instead I waited till I was literally dragging my foot.

So I am there and right away he tells me Gout. Don’t worry Avy,X-rays,blood work and some meds is comin ASAP. He checks the X-rays to make sure my Bones are OK. We have to wait an hour for BloodWork but he is sure. As he is about to leave,I said Dr! How about you give Avy a shot for the Pain? You want one Avy? Umm,yeah Dr.,look at it. He said I will have to stick it deep into the Knuckle of the Big Toe. Which is where all the pain starts and spreads the skin so tight if you took a razor blade across my foot it would split open like a Ripe Plum. I’m ready Dr. Fuck that was Nasty,the more he pushed,it felt like he was sucking my foot into the Needle,which was big. The shot was wonderful afterwords. It’s just Acid eating all of my joints. I’m fecked(Irish),Feckin Feck!

Avy
As someone who has dealt with Gout for 10 years I found this book to be highly beneficial as there was not a lot of research being done on the condition and most doctors had a fairly limited knowledge of the subject at the time.

I (literally) have felt your pain. Good luck.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Felt like crap, fell asleep at 7 last night, woke up at 6:50 this morning. I'm working on a theory that sleep may actually be good for you, it's a controversial opinion, but I think it has merit.

Whine, whine, whine...
At least you live in the land of cows and syrup instead of the land of pretend rich people with access to too much credit. Multiply that by 100 and add copious fat dues and teenagers on Surons, then sprinkle in LA being effectively shut down for 18 months so all those wankers discovered our trails up here and that's what we've got going on around here.

I'm just hoping for a Spandex revolution to make mountain biking uncool again, and hoping it happens before the electric motorcycles get all two wheel things banned from the trails.

That said, I've come to like the braking bumps on a couple of our trails. I actually understand what the knobs and dials on my suspension do and can float through them and have pulled off some epic inside-line passes on the e-moped drivers. It's the only situation in which I could be considered fast.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH today because we had contractors coming to install the door and texture the ceiling. The door is fantastic, the ceiling not so much. He knocked down all the knock down so it's basically smooth again. It was $300 cash under the table, so I wasn't expecting much. But damn.

Feeling very broke with the truck repair bill and the laminate flooring installation next month. $10k gone, ouch.