Quantcast

£π÷×Friday GMT ×÷π£

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning y'all, off work, packed like most guys do... Took about five minutes, flight takes off at 0600 so will probably take about an hour nap. Flying Delta, hopefully squeebs has checked out my planes so I live.

12 hours from now I will be looking at the pacific

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:stupid:
I cut last night's ride short - too cold and unpleasant. These solo dark rides are getting depressing, I cannot wait for the real Spring to begin.
We are approaching the time of year when the derivative of daylight hours is reaching its maximum.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Last day of work before vacation next week. Heading down to Florida with the family to visit my dad & stepmom. I'm so ready for 80* and sunshine.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slowly stretching out the muscles which are stiff from hitting the weights hard last night. We were going to head to the mountains this weekend for some fresh snow until they added the high wind warning to go along with the snow. 50 mph winds with higher gusts just isn't my idea of fun.

oh well looks like I will get around to the long put off project of insulating the garage befor summer turns it into to an oven.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wooo Friday. Though I am pretty sure I'll be coming to work tomorrow.

I've spent about 3 hours in this rental Chevy Cruz and I'm about done with it. Here is a quick five minute review for Toshi. It is pretty good on gas, it used half the amount of gas for the same trip as my Subaru. I like that, but that's about all I can say for the car. The 6 speed automatic is very clunky when it is downshifting. The car is also slow as hell! I get that it is a tiny 1.4 liter turbo engine, but damn it just doesn't accelerate. Flooring the gas pedal just results in the RPM shooting up to 5000, but the car doesn't actually move forward any faster. There no room in the back seats; I'm only 5'8 and I can't fit in seat behind the driver.

And the worst part is the Chevy MyLink thing. 90% of the time it just gives up and says "Goodbye" or asks if I want to dial a number and then without saying yes, it just starts dialing it! What? But I am glad that they left all of the climate control buttons and dials on the dash (even though the screen in the dash is touch). I've driven a lot of Mercedes which has everything integrated into their touchscreen and its atrocious.

Anyways, happy Friday!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got part way into a Dynamat install last night. It was like death by 1000 cuts. Both my hands have slices all over the joint that I have strategically glued together with Crazy Glue.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Wooo Friday. Though I am pretty sure I'll be coming to work tomorrow.

I've spent about 3 hours in this rental Chevy Cruz and I'm about done with it. Here is a quick five minute review for Toshi. It is pretty good on gas, it used half the amount of gas for the same trip as my Subaru. I like that, but that's about all I can say for the car. The 6 speed automatic is very clunky when it is downshifting. The car is also slow as hell! I get that it is a tiny 1.4 liter turbo engine, but damn it just doesn't accelerate. Flooring the gas pedal just results in the RPM shooting up to 5000, but the car doesn't actually move forward any faster. There no room in the back seats; I'm only 5'8 and I can't fit in seat behind the driver.

And the worst part is the Chevy MyLink thing. 90% of the time it just gives up and says "Goodbye" or asks if I want to dial a number and then without saying yes, it just starts dialing it! What? But I am glad that they left all of the climate control buttons and dials on the dash (even though the screen in the dash is touch). I've driven a lot of Mercedes which has everything integrated into their touchscreen and its atrocious.

Anyways, happy Friday!
Rofl. My wife's Civic is like that. You floor it and the RPMs shoot up and it makes loud engine noises but it doesn't actually go any faster.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mornin. On the shitter for constitutional #2. Then about to make coffee. Shit just goes real busy at work and the kids had a crap night's sleep. :dead:

Went for a great xc ski last night (back country, breaking trail about 1/4 of the time), but it was friggin cold. Just below 0°F when we got back to the car... Brrrrr

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My 2009 Fit moves when you goose it and has plenty of interior space; not sure how the current model performs.
Hmm. Your fast-meter is calibrated low, and that's probably better in the long run. :D

One more day of work. Most weeks I like work but this one is stretching out a bit too long.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Day 4 of kid boot camp. The older one slept in but the young one and I stuck it out even on a sloppy snowy morning. I do need a rest with no running this weekend my legs are so worn out for the running.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
In order to give my legs a break, I swam yesterday. The pool I swim at is official Olympic distance but it has a movable bulkhead so they can split it in half and double the number of lanes at 25m distance. That's cool and all because you get your own lane, but then on the days they open it back up to full distance I feel like I'm swimming forever before I hit the other side!!!!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey's back on a plane and won't be back until late Sunday. Haley has swim school and a play date at the park tomorrow, so that will cover my exhausting Haley efforts tomorrow. Been spending time on the elliptical as part of this get back into shape goal and watched San Andreas last night. Bad movie. Really bad movie. Didn't have a chance to hit my books last night, so I get to double down this weekend and get back to my schedule.

Got a text from PR girl, who I've been talking with about her moving forward to next steps with her bf. They send each other letters, real paper letters, regularly and the in one she got yesterday he mentioned that he doesn't feel like they relate anymore. He also noted that he had to stop hanging out with third-party girl (that PR girl introduced to him before she left for CA) for a while but for undisclosed reasons. They are now hanging out almost daily.

The thing that sucks here is that PR girl texted me when she was between flights to visit him. I am (and she) hoping that it's just miscommunication or she is reading too far into things. Plus I figure that he would be decent enough to tell her not to come if there is a real issue.

Otherwise, work. My proposal for getting the company to pay for my CRPC and CFP is moving forward. It sounds like the option of getting an in-person class setup is becoming more likely. We're possibly adding another large group into the education program, so that's a positive.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hmm. Your fast-meter is calibrated low, and that's probably better in the long run. :D
True. I'm getting acclimated to the power of the M and it doesn't feel like it's got enough go anymore. HP is a drug.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
True. I'm getting acclimated to the power of the M and it doesn't feel like it's got enough go anymore. HP is a drug.
Go race some go karts. I'll even come down south and race with you to show you the proper lines, since you've never dragged yourself out to an autocross. :D

After hopping out of a go kart the steering on the ///M will feel unbelievably slow in its ratio and devoid of feel. It's all relative...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's Friday, little Monkey this weekend and even littler monkey tonight as well, should be a fun night. Rain all weekend, yay.

@Westy or and audiophile monkeys, A guy at work mentioned there was a brand/model of vacuum tube that seemed to matter more than the brand of amp in some of the old classic receivers. Any idea what it was or if he's full of sh!t? Thanks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I missed what you even got. What do you have? Specs?

My car is sitting on about 380hp, not a ton by todays standards, but enough for sure. With the money spent on suspension and brakes, my car does quite well for me and has proven itself to many. But I haven't chased my buddies GT-R yet, so that might change. But considering I got respect from a '15 911 Turbo S (10x the $$$ of mine), I feel pretty good about my ride.

<edit> HAB's M3 was fun to watch. He should have taken all his crap out, though :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Go race some go karts. I'll even come down south and race with you to show you the proper lines, since you've never dragged yourself out to an autocross. :D

After hopping out of a go kart the steering on the ///M will feel unbelievably slow in its ratio and devoid of feel. It's all relative...
There's a kart place around the corner from my house. I'm sure we could get Nick, Evan, and Timmay to all come down for a stupid session.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I missed what you even got. What do you have? Specs?

My car is sitting on about 380hp, not a ton by todays standards, but enough for sure. With the money spent on suspension and brakes, my car does quite well for me and has proven itself to many. But I haven't chased my buddies GT-R yet, so that might change. But considering I got respect from a '15 911 Turbo S (10x the $$$ of mine), I feel pretty good about my ride.

<edit> HAB's M3 was fun to watch. He should have taken all his crap out, though :rofl:
e39 M5 with a Dinan stg 2 tune. Right around 400 whp and tq.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Only been carting twice, forearms ached for days. Just going to say I would drop you like a hot rock on a cart track.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Final prep on Topé is wrapping up, we leave for The Mint 400 at first light on Wednesday. I spent a few hours getting new graphics installed, back to her original glory and looking fast!

Wifey's back on a plane and won't be back until late Sunday. Haley has swim school and a play date at the park tomorrow, so that will cover my exhausting Haley efforts tomorrow. Been spending time on the elliptical as part of this get back into shape goal and watched San Andreas last night. Bad movie. Really bad movie. Didn't have a chance to hit my books last night, so I get to double down this weekend and get back to my schedule.

Got a text from PR girl, who I've been talking with about her moving forward to next steps with her bf. They send each other letters, real paper letters, regularly and the in one she got yesterday he mentioned that he doesn't feel like they relate anymore. He also noted that he had to stop hanging out with third-party girl (that PR girl introduced to him before she left for CA) for a while but for undisclosed reasons. They are now hanging out almost daily.

The thing that sucks here is that PR girl texted me when she was between flights to visit him. I am (and she) hoping that it's just miscommunication or she is reading too far into things. Plus I figure that he would be decent enough to tell her not to come if there is a real issue.

Otherwise, work. My proposal for getting the company to pay for my CRPC and CFP is moving forward. It sounds like the option of getting an in-person class setup is becoming more likely. We're possibly adding another large group into the education program, so that's a positive.
Wait... are you doling out relationship advice to a woman? How have I missed this???!!

:popcorn:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Final prep on Topé is wrapping up, we leave for The Mint 400 at first light on Wednesday. I spent a few hours getting new graphics installed, back to her original glory and looking fast!

Wait... are you doling out relationship advice to a woman? How have I missed this???!!

:popcorn:
Is that a keg in the back? Always a good idea to have beer with you. Whatchu running motor-wise?