Quantcast

£π÷×Friday GMT ×÷π£

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today I visited the barber for my first haircut of 2016, it was well overdue since my preferred length is about a quarter inch. Now just waiting for the weather to warm up before I hit a local trail.

I was scheduled to return to work on Monday but the person in charge of flipping the switch is not in today so that won't happen until Monday, that means I won't have access to corporate systems until Tuesday... I suppose I could go to work and do nothing all day?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
e39 M5 with a Dinan stg 2 tune. Right around 400 whp and tq.
Any dyno charts to back this up? Butt-dyno calibration is often colored by optimism.

Only been carting twice, forearms ached for days. Just going to say I would drop you like a hot rock on a cart track.
Some day we should have a showdown, perhaps in Seattle when I pop by for a visit to the wife's family? The local carting place would give me free races since the staff wanted to see if they could beat me...

First few results here are relevant in that I was pretty quick locally in my RX-8:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=toshi clark rx-8 scca

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Any dyno charts to back this up? Butt-dyno calibration is often colored by optimism.
Dinan's published numbers. Obviously not car specific, but that is their published numbers for the Stg 2 tune.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Wifey's back on a plane and won't be back until late Sunday. Haley has swim school and a play date at the park tomorrow, so that will cover my exhausting Haley efforts tomorrow. Been spending time on the elliptical as part of this get back into shape goal and watched San Andreas last night. Bad movie. Really bad movie. Didn't have a chance to hit my books last night, so I get to double down this weekend and get back to my schedule.

Got a text from PR girl, who I've been talking with about her moving forward to next steps with her bf. They send each other letters, real paper letters, regularly and the in one she got yesterday he mentioned that he doesn't feel like they relate anymore. He also noted that he had to stop hanging out with third-party girl (that PR girl introduced to him before she left for CA) for a while but for undisclosed reasons. They are now hanging out almost daily.

The thing that sucks here is that PR girl texted me when she was between flights to visit him. I am (and she) hoping that it's just miscommunication or she is reading too far into things. Plus I figure that he would be decent enough to tell her not to come if there is a real issue.

Otherwise, work. My proposal for getting the company to pay for my CRPC and CFP is moving forward. It sounds like the option of getting an in-person class setup is becoming more likely. We're possibly adding another large group into the education program, so that's a positive.
which one is A and B? Is there a C and D in there? Did A and D engage in innapropriate behaviour?! I'm having flashbacks...!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Some day we should have a showdown, perhaps in Seattle when I pop by for a visit to the wife's family? The local carting place would give me free races since the staff wanted to see if they could beat me...

First few results here are relevant in that I was pretty quick locally in my RX-8:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=toshi clark rx-8 scca
I wouldn't be surprised if you could gain a few tenths based on skill/experience. But I have a significant mass advantage.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The mass bit is certainly true. Much less of a percentage increase when driving a car vs a kart.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Is that a keg in the back? Always a good idea to have beer with you. Whatchu running motor-wise?
1600cc. We're a Class 11, so the car is "mostly stock" really. And the "keg" is the air filter... not beer unfortunately. The last air filter we had in her was way too small and didn't have a particulate pre-filter, so it would get all jammed up with silt and dust in under 50 miles. The engine would just choke... couldn't breathe, had no power. We're hoping this is much more better-er.

I'll catch you up on our next ride.
Word. And that better not be gay code for something.

I haven't seen you racer before, pretty awesome!
Thanks, she's the most fun you can have driving 37mph.

that big fucking place on 70....right..
It's actually on the left.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
which one is A and B? Is there a C and D in there? Did A and D engage in innapropriate behaviour?! I'm having flashbacks...!
PR girl is the same girl all the way across. No inappropriate behavior ever occurred. Lots of conversations over the last few weeks. Mostly about red flags I missed/ignored and thoughts on how to handle a long distance relationship, as I've had a few (including an international).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
e39 M5 with a Dinan stg 2 tune. Right around 400 whp and tq.
I would think that would be ok. There is part of me that wants to go hog wild on mine because it wouldn't cost too much to make it scary, but it isn't my forever car. At least yours has a back seat. :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I would think that would be ok. There is part of me that wants to go hog wild on mine because it wouldn't cost too much to make it scary, but it isn't my forever car. At least yours has a back seat. :rofl:
This is a (hopefully) final owner car for me. I've wanted it since I was 19 when it first came out. And you can fit people in the back(ish - hard to sit behind wookie)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is a (hopefully) final owner car for me. I've wanted it since I was 19 when it first came out. And you can fit people in the back(ish - hard to sit behind wookie)
Oh, I remember when those came out as well. I'm a huge fan of almost all the ///M's. The current debate is to keep/fix the Vette, or let her go with the hopes of starting the Impala SOON. I need a back seat, it sucks.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oh, I remember when those came out as well. I'm a huge fan of almost all the ///M's. The current debate is to keep/fix the Vette, or let her go with the hopes of starting the Impala SOON. I need a back seat, it sucks.
You could just flip it (in either sense) and use the $ towards the next one.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You could just flip it (in either sense) and use the $ towards the next one.
For me it is truly just a car, but it is a car I REALLY love to drive. But it does need a few things and being a 2 seater does have it's obvious limits. I think I might keep it and just get a slightly nicer truck with a back seat. I don't NEED a long bed now that I have the trailer, so an extra cab short bed would work perfect. I just looked, I could sell my truck for about $3k and get an extra cab for about $5k. Keep my car and put seats and a clutch in it. :fans:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My pilot program has been approved. We have requests in to have Salesforce updated to account for the program, so we have one of our external floaters starting and I will be getting involved once SF is updated. So stoked that this is moving forward.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The SS is just plain ugly, same for the Pontiac G8 and the butt ugly GTO. I have been looking for a first gen CTS-V, but they are getting hard to come by in low miles.

:drool:

Wagon. Get the fucking wagon. Nut butter is all I have to say about that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The SS is just plain ugly, same for the Pontiac G8 and the butt ugly GTO. I have been looking for a first gen CTS-V, but they are getting hard to come by in low miles.

:drool:

I have come to the conclusion that we have polar opposite taste. That thing is terrible.

The SS ain't pretty, but there is something to be said for stealth. That Caddy would get you pulled over while obeying the letter of the law.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wagon. Get the fucking wagon. Nut butter is all I have to say about that.
I would totally rock the wagon, but they are even harder to find. The second gen with supercharger is SOOOO overkill, that's why I limit my search to the first gen. My buddy bought an '05 for his (ex)wife and with a few tweaks, that car was insane.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@Westy or and audiophile monkeys, A guy at work mentioned there was a brand/model of vacuum tube that seemed to matter more than the brand of amp in some of the old classic receivers. Any idea what it was or if he's full of sh!t? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, certainly possible. Some amps may rely on certain tubes to maintain linearity. Others could be designed to compensate for certain non-linearities in specific tubes.

Either way, I bet if you soldered in a different transistor on a modern amp I bet it would sound shitty.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ran to the grocery store to grab some food for lunch. Some 300+lb woman set her gunt on top of a shopping cart and was pushing it around with no hands. I threw up in my mouth a lot.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got a message today from the fella that looked at my bike for sale, says he's very interested and to let him know when it gets back from being looked over by my mechanic friend and he'll likely bring me the money. KAPLOW!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
68 replies? I ain't got time to read all that.

I had a fast run last night and a good swim this morning. Looking forward to a lot more of all that this weekend, with bike being the highlight.

It's Friday. Enjoy your weekend!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Watching this stream of a bald eagle do absolutely nothing in his nest for an extended period of time has been the most satisfying thing I've done in a long time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd say that's just knowing how to do it right. Can I be your time taking off apprentice?
Get a nice job. Live as cheap as possible. Save as much money as you can. When the opportunity arrives take as much time off as you can. Be willing to live on a boat. Employers don't like big gaps in employment history so have a acceptable excuse like grad school.