-find a position where your boss sucks
-make sure you're salaried and can approve your own time off
-get your chit done either in-office or out
-#profit

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Put lard on a baking tin. Making biscuits for chicken ala King. Cat walks across tin into leftover flour on the counter. Cat footprints everywhere. She is on the bed cleaning herself. Shes awesome!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Tonight is "family movie night". On Monday night, my oldest (5) stomped on my youngest's (3) back. Then smashed his head into the ground. For absolutely no reason. So I got mad and said "no movie for you on Friday" . And now I'm paying for it, caus they're going crazy. What a dumb move. Rookie mistake perhaps?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
6AM on a Friday and already back from dinner which was a wholewheat chicken burrito sans guacamole and sour cream, $6.75 plus tip is as cheap as I have eaten out since college...

Also walked a 3.5 mile loop on a local trail popular with bikers from the nearby AF base, last summer I could run the distance in just under 30 minutes, today it took me just over an hour to walk. This is the closest trail to town so it gets pretty crowded at lunch and after work so I went at 3PM, the trail was well used and pretty busy. I'm pretty sure spring is here to stay as the knats are out in full force. I didn't see any mosquitos and the trails are in excellent early summer conditions with nice hard pack and little dust.

Tomorrow will be my first bike ride of 2016, I have to get a friend to pump up my tires...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@boostindoubles got a sweet package today! Thanks man. Its the highlight of my week (seriously).

Got the Subaru back tonight. Feels good to have a car with some power to make authoritative lane changes. Got an alignment while they stuck the original strut back on that corner of the car too, which feels great.

This week has been hell. Between the car and various equipment failing at work, I've been stressed out to maximum levels. What sucks the most is that with the car breaking AND paying for first/last months rent AND needing to buy a new bed, I'm strapped for cash and will most likely have to bail out on a friend's bachelor trip to Mexico in April. I'd love to go, but just can't afford all this crap all at once, plus the trip to the east coast this summer for his wedding and then Whistler in the fall. I'm sorry, but as self centered as it sounds, there isn't any way that I am cancelling the other trips just to go drink and party.

Bong shed time.