Quantcast

£€¥jeudi GMT ¥€£

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
up at 3am three nights in a row. hammering out work/updates all before anyone wakes up.
taking my Doc's advice and seeing an expert about my insomnia ... going on 4 years (?) of irregular sleep.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
COFFFEEEEEE.

up at 3am three nights in a row. hammering out work/updates all before anyone wakes up.
taking my Doc's advice and seeing an expert about my insomnia ... going on 4 years (?) of irregular sleep.
That sucks. Get it sorted out. But one thing I know, when I wake up at 3am and can't sleep, the last thing I'm doing is wasting that time on work.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkeys! At the dentist for my second crown of the year. I managed to push my temporary fillings for year following the root canal. Not sure if win or not. $2800 a toof and my dentist doesn't ride so I have no idea where the money goes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ugh. corporate overlord lizards here have just announced the acceptance of a "strategic partnership offer". translation, time to update ye olde resume.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
can't go ride at 3 ... scared of being eaten.
Sometimes I run that early when Im experiencing one of my all too common bouts of insomnia. I live in a fairly tame 'burb where the wildlife consists of deer, skunks, trash pandas, and the occasional coyote. Even with the dog, the creep out factor is high. No way would I ride solo. :nope:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah I guess its a little different around these parts, where the scariest things at night are squirrels and chipmunks having sex on your garbage can.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I was invited to sit in on tomorrow's class to get a jist, then official training starts next week. I need a pair of glasses with eyes painted on them. Otherwise I will likely be found in the shed.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
can't go ride at 3 ... scared of being eaten.
Sometimes I run that early when Im experiencing one of my all too common bouts of insomnia. I live in a fairly tame 'burb where the wildlife consists of deer, skunks, trash pandas, and the occasional coyote. Even with the dog, the creep out factor is high. No way would I ride solo. :nope:
@6thElement - do you ever go riding in the dark up there on the hill ?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

First official day on the road. Camped outside of Meeker, CO at the moment. Unlike @Nick I slept fantastic, not having a job has been terrific for my insomnia. I wonder what today shall bring...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
This cocksucker caused me to be 2.5 hours late this morning. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/moose-highway-417-nepean-1.4752850
I spent three hours in my car driving my kids to camp.

this is how I feel about moose right now.
(yes, I know, it's Mr. persona non grata, but it still captures precisely how I feel)

edited to add: Just saw they put the thing down. now I feel bad. sorry moose. rip. three hours of my day isn't really a fair exchange for your life.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I need to know AM or PM...
AM
combined weight guesstimate?
Couldn't say for sure, being dark and all. Were I too wager, I'd go with "heavier".
Not much to tell. There had been a pretty big late evening storm the night before. I honestly thought it was trash or debris from the creek until I got up close and all the sudden the pile moved. The dog, being all people friendly, got right up in the middle looking for attention. Pretty awkward for everyone involved actually, though I don't think the dog cared too much.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The dog, being all people friendly, got right up in the middle looking for attention. Pretty awkward for everyone involved actually, though I don't think the dog cared too much.
Well dogs do like chasing after pussies.