Quantcast

£€¥Thursday GMT ¥€£

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Little one woke up at 5:30, now I can't go back to sleep... May as well get the GMT started !

Good ride last night, except for the 5 flats. 4 of which were one persons.4! All in the space of 20 minutes...

Time for coffee now. have a good day everybody!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
puppy duty while my brother continues expelling food out both ends for the fourth day in a row....doctor calls it a severe stomach bug.

his oldest boys observation yesterday as he's blowing chunks.....boy when you get sick you don't mess around!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just remembered a scary moment of last night's ride... my buddy with the 4 flats... his third flat was a front flat in a fast flowy line through a pine stand. He must have got his flat before he stacked caus' he wasn't able to make a mild corner (more like a bend in the trail), and hit a tree head on. He had nothing, other than a small scrape on his ankle and he took the saddle to his manhood. As we were picking his bike up from against the tree, we found a quart bottle of beer, broken at the foot of tree, right where he had fallen. How he didn't land on it is unexplainable to me. but it would have been had he done so...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oops. First day working from my office since last Friday. Apparently I left one of these crappy apples on my desk and it has turned to mush. It kinda stinks too.

Time to do this work thing and then head home to go riding. The news this morning said that it will be a little warmer today, but a chance of thunderstorms. Woot.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just remembered a scary moment of last night's ride... my buddy with the 4 flats... his third flat was a front flat in a fast flowy line through a pine stand. He must have got his flat before he stacked caus' he wasn't able to make a mild corner (more like a bend in the trail), and hit a tree head on. He had nothing, other than a small scrape on his ankle and he took the saddle to his manhood. As we were picking his bike up from against the tree, we found a quart bottle of beer, broken at the foot of tree, right where he had fallen. How he didn't land on it is unexplainable to me. but it would have been had he done so...
This is why I'm an advocate of drinking from cans on the trail, if you must. A tallboy of PBR isn't going to hurt anyone (except maybe whoever drank it), but a smashed Colt 45 bottle will gut you and your tires like a fishy.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Just over fourty miles of hard hiking/running over two days. First day, got into antelope three times, three misses... Second day nothing but chasing ghosts. Would love to say the rifle is off, but it isn't, it was all me.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Wife had burning eyes from contacts/contact solution so I drove Mariko to school instead of riding to work as planned. Even when I drop her off at the earliest part of the permissible window I still can't get to work quite on time, not that rolling in 5 minutes late matters.

I also buried this in yesterday's thread, but I finally got a closing date for the house we're building. Dec 22, which actually is perfect since I already planned to work New Year's week (and thus have Christmas week off).

:monkey:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Mornin'. Just had a weird phone call with the new boss.... It really confused me about the position I will be in with new employee. More to come in November when they start I guess. I doubt the magic 8 ball will say anything but "Reply hazy, try again later." Hmph.

Ran for a few miles, then rode my bike in the woods for a while last night and it ruled! I really needed that. May hit repeat tonight!

Ok, back to work slackers.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I fear the Halloween costume I'm building for my 3 year old is going to be too heavy for him to move around in...

It's gonna be pretty neat though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Have I mentioned my wife has a very low pain tolerance? She and Mariko are truly different sizes of the same beast.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I fear the Halloween costume I'm building for my 3 year old is going to be too heavy for him to move around in...

It's gonna be pretty neat though.
this is the perfect approach. reduce their mobility so they remain firmly under your thumb. I wonder if a jail cell costume would work with my 5 year old?!?!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still here. Late evening tonight because they have changed how our investment system works and we need to learn about it. Uber both ways today.

Went to have lunch and my salad (bagged pre-made from Safeway) was partially rotted. Went to the cafeteria to get food there and they didn't have any chicken breasts left. So I ended up getting a burger and broccoli. Given I don't eat much sugar (<50g/day) I was hoping to actually fill up on the broccolli and put the patty on top. Not with my luck. It was so 'steamed' that it looked like they took it our of the cream of broccolli soup. My lunch consisted of a hamburger patty. Guess it's a good thing that the boss is bringing in dinner at 5.

All of the parts that I should* need have been ordered but won't be here until Monday. That's going to make Wifey happy... But she's out of town Sunday-Thursday, so I get that let up. Hopefully we're rolling when she gets back.

In all of my research to my engine and bumper problems I have come across a few interesting things for the car. That are on my 'want' list. Apparently there is a Euro dash which is 2" higher on the bottom and gives a lot more legroom. The car doesn't really have cup holders, but I found an aftermarket one that you can slide into the coin tray in the center console. There is an OEM fit smart head unit that mates to your phone via Bluetooth, so you basically get your phone while being able to tuck it out of the way. It stores almost 1Gb, so you can have audio/video on file for when you don't have signal. Also thinking about changing my roof rack from the OEM spec Thule to an aerobar system. The square bars are loud and have limited space, plus my trays aren't long enough for a non-road bike. All on the list of wants, but they are going to be a while until I can pull them off with Wifey.

The short-sale we were looking at a few months ago fell out of contract, so our broker is going to talk w/ the selling broker to see what happened. If he can get it down to $420-440k, we might actually put in for it. It will take some work, as it's an immediate tear out of flooring (3500sq ft), some repairs to the back deck/patio, boxing off a few open spaces to have doors, and then painting. Probably $30k of work almost immediately, but that would make a huge improvement into the livability. It also has a tandem, 3-car garage with a double height tandem. I would be able to comfortably fit a 4-point lift in there and Wifey agrees that with that kind of space it might make sense. Who knows? There are a lot of if's in this scenario.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Still here. Late evening tonight because they have changed how our investment system works and we need to learn about it. Uber both ways today.

Went to have lunch and my salad (bagged pre-made from Safeway) was partially rotted. Went to the cafeteria to get food there and they didn't have any chicken breasts left. So I ended up getting a burger and broccoli. Given I don't eat much sugar (<50g/day) I was hoping to actually fill up on the broccolli and put the patty on top. Not with my luck. It was so 'steamed' that it looked like they took it our of the cream of broccolli soup. My lunch consisted of a hamburger patty. Guess it's a good thing that the boss is bringing in dinner at 5.

All of the parts that I should* need have been ordered but won't be here until Monday. That's going to make Wifey happy... But she's out of town Sunday-Thursday, so I get that let up. Hopefully we're rolling when she gets back.

In all of my research to my engine and bumper problems I have come across a few interesting things for the car. That are on my 'want' list. Apparently there is a Euro dash which is 2" higher on the bottom and gives a lot more legroom. The car doesn't really have cup holders, but I found an aftermarket one that you can slide into the coin tray in the center console. There is an OEM fit smart head unit that mates to your phone via Bluetooth, so you basically get your phone while being able to tuck it out of the way. It stores almost 1Gb, so you can have audio/video on file for when you don't have signal. Also thinking about changing my roof rack from the OEM spec Thule to an aerobar system. The square bars are loud and have limited space, plus my trays aren't long enough for a non-road bike. All on the list of wants, but they are going to be a while until I can pull them off with Wifey.

The short-sale we were looking at a few months ago fell out of contract, so our broker is going to talk w/ the selling broker to see what happened. If he can get it down to $420-440k, we might actually put in for it. It will take some work, as it's an immediate tear out of flooring (3500sq ft), some repairs to the back deck/patio, boxing off a few open spaces to have doors, and then painting. Probably $30k of work almost immediately, but that would make a huge improvement into the livability. It also has a tandem, 3-car garage with a double height tandem. I would be able to comfortably fit a 4-point lift in there and Wifey agrees that with that kind of space it might make sense. Who knows? There are a lot of if's in this scenario.
Sounds like a sweet pad if you get to update the floors! Carpet (or whatever material) and paint go a long way!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sounds like a sweet pad if you get to update the floors! Carpet (or whatever material) and paint go a long way!
It will be a lot of work to get it to where we would like it. The house smells like animal piss amongst other things. Wifey would want to update the kitchen and bathrooms, so that's a longer-term to do. House

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Lettuce and other veggies; some experimentation will be involved - I don't know how it will perform thermally. I have a data logger watching temperature and relative humidity, so I guess we'll see.
Experimentation with .... bongshed materials?

It will be a lot of work to get it to where we would like it. The house smells like animal piss amongst other things. Wifey would want to update the kitchen and bathrooms, so that's a longer-term to do. House
That is a big pad! Lots of rooms... do you have enough children to fill them? Or just a lot of smashing in your future? ;)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That is a big pad! Lots of rooms... do you have enough children to fill them? Or just a lot of smashing in your future? ;)
That's why I say it's way too much. But she likes the whole gransiose bull isht.

It's the carpet. They had two old dogs and well... accidents. We'd just end up ripping out the flooring, painting a layer of Killz, then putting in hardwood and stone tile (kitchen).

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'll just leave this here.

Volvo is getting back into WTC! And... there went my shorts. I would LOVE to have a Polestar S60. It would be glorious.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Looks fancy and stuff but seriously? A tile countertop in the kitchen and laminate in the bathroom? Talk about mailing it in on that one. Otherwise it looks like a pretty nice setup.