Quantcast

£€¥Thursday GMT ¥€£

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I GOT it! You guys should just move to Seattle! We have some great schools here, great trails, and then I'd have some additional riding buddies!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Buy lycra, go roadie. There are a ton of roadie groups out in your area. Too much flat for mtb, so roadie.
That's a real bummer Toshi! But I'll just interpret that as your life is so awesome you don't currently have time. Go find a bike though. You gotta teach the kid!
I still have a bike, a 29er with some touring tires on it. I ride regularly. It's just that my rides are all to and from work, or tooling around the neighborhood with Mariko in the trailer.

If you go up to Genesee some time during the brown cloud you will see we are ALL in it. You only visually see it in the distance, though - despite the fact that you are *also* in the middle of it.
:dislike:

Yeah - so that's how the good doc would get to trails. And despite the trails only being 25 miles (White Ranch) away... yeah. An hour or more.
even at the buttcrack of dawn?
I-70 in the flatlands isn't bad outside of commuting hours, and there's no way I can get a ride in on a weekday what with working until 5 PM and the two kids. This is not to say that I-70 in the mountains on the weekends isn't bad, but that's a different issue and hopefully will be resolved in part by that new express lane. I have my switchable transponder all ready.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I GOT it! You guys should just move to Seattle! We have some great schools here, great trails, and then I'd have some additional riding buddies!
I've heard the traffic is nice, too. :D
This. I've lived in Seattle many years (Wedgwood, Sand Point, West Seattle, Capitol Hill). Traffic is terrible: 5th worst in the nation, iirc, whereas Denver was a paltry 22nd.

I'm not so sold on the public school system's quality these days, either, and couple private school tuition with crazy real estate prices (crazier yet by far than even Stapleton) and it's a big "nope" from me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It is balls cold out, literally. Just finished a ride and tomorrow I will be going to find a windbreaker jacket and maybe some pants to ride in.

Great ride though. I came up on 4-5 deer. All I could see was their eyes reflecting from my lights and couldn't tell if it was the blair witch project, samsquanch or some markers on trees. Saw their cute lil furry white asses go trotting away when I got closer. MMMMMMMMMM I reminds me to ask my friend for some deer pepperette sticks when he gets back from hunting.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I interview in Seattle on Monday. Bit of a long shot, but the hiring manager is an old boss of mine and he wants me in. Would be a significant promotion from where I am.
Houseboat time again?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Houseboat time again?
Well if this all works out, perhaps a house and a boat. Or maybe just something with the ///HR Factor.

Still wouldn't be able to afford the toaster.

Again, this is a long shot. I would be 20 years younger than anyone else who holds this position.