Quantcast

£€ Thirsty Thursday €£

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Semi busy day here, brake stuff, hydraulic stuff and finished it off with a bit of weld spatter zooming around in my ear as I welded an exhaust, that's a worse feeling than catching a nail on the linisher, yuck!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Continued digging up a tree stump complex. There must be 7 tree stumps within an 8 sqft area, all intertwined. Hacking them out is proving to be a good challenge.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey gang
new bike progress is like one step forward 3/4 step back. I’m finally getting everything cabled up only to find that the way the shifters mount is over/under my aero extensions and these extensions are oversized by 0.9mm. So, I will have to sand the carbon down in order to get them to fit. Good thing they are 3mm thick and everything else on the market is 0.8mm, so I should be fine.…but I have to spend an afternoon sanding carbon.

Attachments

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Played my worst round in years last week with crabjoe. Handicap (albeit with only 5 rounds) went from a 6.5 to an 8.

Driver game was strong, everything else not so much. Chopping stumps can't possibly hurt. :p
I played in a Spark 9 hole tournament on Monday. They asked how many strokes I wanted, I took 3. Shot one of my worst rounds at +6, got a +3 net score. Guy who won shot a -5, turns out he took 12 strokes. :rofl:

Somehow they gave me an "eagle" and a $1.80 skin for my only birdie on 9 (par 4).

<edit> my whole bag is now all Haywood minus the 5 wood since they don't make one yet.

PXL_20230520_143339729~2.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I played in a Spark 9 hole tournament on Monday. They asked how many strokes I wanted, I took 3. Shot one of my worst rounds at +6, got a +3 net score. Guy who won shot a -5, turns out he took 12 strokes. :rofl:

Somehow they gave me an "eagle" and a $1.80 skin for my only birdie on 9 (par 4).

<edit> my whole bag is now all Haywood minus the 5 wood since they don't make one yet.

View attachment 194231
How do you like the Haywoods? I'm still playing the blade I made for myself almost 20 years ago. Been perusing something more current and those keep popping up.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Getting ready to head to Chapel Hill for a wedding this weekend. Ugh, I hate weddings. At least the forecast is for rain so no riding will be missed. Why on earth would you pick Memorial Day weekend for a wedding?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
How do you like the Haywoods? I'm still playing the blade I made for myself almost 20 years ago. Been perusing something more current and those keep popping up.
Got the wedges first and loved them. I've been playing the irons for a year since they first came out and they are amazing. Got the putter and driving iron a couple months back and not loving the driving iron, but that's mostly the look at address. The driver and 3 wood just got here and I have 4 rounds. I've never hit drives this straight before, kicked my Sim 2 Max out the bag quick. The 3 wood has been flawless both off the deck and the one tee shot I've taken.

I did a free TaylorMade fitting with the P7MB and it was nothing like my Haywood's. And they were half the price and look way better. :rofl:

Not going to lie, my cheap ass had a tough time dropping on that driver (most I've ever paid for 1 club). But now I've played it and it's so worth it. Plus you can chat with the owner on the website.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Got the wedges first and loved them. I've been playing the irons for a year since they first came out and they are amazing. Got the putter and driving iron a couple months back and not loving the driving iron, but that's mostly the look at address. The driver and 3 wood just got here and I have 4 rounds. I've never hit drives this straight before, kicked my Sim 2 Max out the bag quick. The 3 wood has been flawless both off the deck and the one tee shot I've taken.

I did a free TaylorMade fitting with the P7MB and it was nothing like my Haywood's. And they were half the price and look way better. :rofl:

Not going to lie, my cheap ass had a tough time dropping on that driver (most I've ever paid for 1 club). But now I've played it and it's so worth it. Plus you can chat with the owner on the website.
Good to know. I've been looking at both Kyoei and Muira but haven't made up my mind. Tough to buy clubs sight unseen when I'm very particular about the look at address.

My set at the moment is a mishmash of Snake Eyes, Titleist, and Scotty Cameron.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
is this golf and stumpmonkey now

where is the weather and pooping chat located today

/me drove middle kid to her downtown school this morning due to family schedule constraints (like many of you, continuation ceremony for Baby Aya is today and wife is thus there). drove back down Colfax from Park Ave to Peoria--driving because more possible thunderstorms +/- hail this afternoon and the next few. Colfax is a shithole. needs the bus rapid transit to open, parking minimums abolished, and 20 years of renewed development.

is this golf and stumpmonkey now

/me drove middle kid to her downtown school this morning due to family schedule constraints (like many of you, continuation ceremony for Baby Aya is today and wife is thus there). drove back down Colfax from Park Ave to Peoria--driving because more possible thunderstorms +/- hail this afternoon and the next few. Colfax is a shithole. needs the bus rapid transit to open, parking minimums abolished, and 20 years of renewed development.
And yetanothersourdoughpicmonkey...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
2nd dump of the day complete, good solid Texas bowl twisters.

Now if only the sun would peak through, the weather lately is some bullshit, if I wanted to be sad I'd move to Seattle.

Does that satisfy the weather and poop requirement for this to become an official Daily thread?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Good to know. I've been looking at both Kyoei and Muira but haven't made up my mind. Tough to buy clubs sight unseen when I'm very particular about the look at address.

My set at the moment is a mishmash of Snake Eyes, Titleist, and Scotty Cameron.
I just ordered a set of counterfeit Miura MB 101's. Miura never made a lefty MB, but somebody felt they should. I had to get them when I saw them.

Screenshot_20230525-095718.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I just ordered a set of counterfeit Miura MB 101's. Miura never made a lefty MB, but somebody felt they should. I had to get them when I saw them.

View attachment 194241
Funny that they even bother to stamp them as counterfeits. It's a forged and ground hunk of metal, other than pretending to have a name brand club I'm not sure what the motivation is.

You building those up yourself or handing it off to a shop?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Funny that they even bother to stamp them as counterfeits. It's a forged and ground hunk of metal, other than pretending to have a name brand club I'm not sure what the motivation is.

You building those up yourself or handing it off to a shop?
They are coming built with KBS PGI 80 shafts (supposedly). I can't wait to hit them. My Haywood's are glorious and I've had some good blades. Nike VR, Mizuno MP32, KZG endo forged. I actually prefer the Haywood. The look, the feel, the performance. If you can swing a blade, they are tough to beat.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Why on earth would you pick Memorial Day weekend for a wedding?
M wife an I got married on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, and it was awesome. We also got married in a real pretty “destination” town in Colorado with a bunch of killer riding, so I think all of our friends were pretty stoked to have an excuse to ride three days in Crested Butte in fall colors.

It’s 80° and sunny so I went for a lunch ride, but only after pooping twice. Dirt is hero with all the rain we’ve been having, poop is also hero with all the vegetables I’ve been eating.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Getting ready to head to Chapel Hill for a wedding this weekend. Ugh, I hate weddings. At least the forecast is for rain so no riding will be missed. Why on earth would you pick Memorial Day weekend for a wedding?
paging @jackalope and crew... @jackalope and crew to the white courtesy phone for a wedding crashing please.

fun fact: our reception (in the blazing heat of mid-July, not the cool temps of late May) was at the Carolina Inn.

chilling on porch w/beers. about to grill burgers. vaguely working tomorrow after taking this good boy to vet for annual checkup.
1685057588758.jpeg

rain over the weekend is killing my riding.

need to remove rear tire and re-tape. shit's not holding air well.

Last edited: