Quantcast

¤¤¤¤ Onsdag aka Wednesday GTM ¤¤¤¤

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Tried the best to make a good day yesterday but ended up being a little too tough on my son who turned out to be very tired and it was why he could not focus on dinner. I did manage to grill and we had a good dinner. Next year I will better be able to celebrate July 4th as we will be in a better moved in and no jetlag.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Mowed the law, rode bikes and ate steak yesterday. Then watched some fireworks with the fam. Now back in the pits with tired legs.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Got more work on the cornhole game done. Primed and sanded, just one more sanding them I paint on the flags (CO and CA).

More legwork for the bad project done as well - cost list is coming together. I need to stop by a true lumberyard to get prices on a few different wood types too. I want to use square edges wood (vs. rounded studs), so I'll probably have to use hardwood.

Wifey also now wants me to make four cedar Adirondack chairs too. That will be a later project. It does strike me that I will be paying for my new tools in saved project costs.

Haven't even left for work and fts.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Morning, only two days left on the short bus then its off to Hollister for a 3 day horse show. My shoulders are stiff from 4 hours of fly fishing yesterday but that is a small price to pay. Cool thing about the lake I was at is that there was a large group of Hispanic families in the group picnic area near the finger of the lake that I was fishing and they had hired a really good Mariachi Band to play their picnic. Way cool hearing the music while fishing from my float tube.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, compadres!! lolol I don't want to be at work today. No reason other than not wanting to be here. And I am wearing pants that I really should have run the iron over before wearing, but screw it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back at work. Took yesterday off after waking up and couldn't stop pooping. Called it quits when my stomach turned into a pretzel.

Ride night tonight so nothing else really matters.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

A great long-weekend was spent at the coast, visiting my parents and hanging out with some good friends. A difficult SW wind really made the fishing a challenge on the river - dodging storms and trying to find some calm water was more of a sport than the fishing was.

The local town held their fireworks show from the tall bridge that connects them to the rest of the world, and we were able to get a great view from the boat parked on the river. The pitch-black ride back in windy chop had a pucker-factor of about 11, but I managed not to hit anything or sink...and came back with the same amount of people I left with, so I'm calling it a success.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
back in the office after 4 days off. at least its a 3 day week.

did some sparklers with the boy last night which he thoroughly enjoyed. my wife was freaking out that he was gonna set himself on fire. he and i just laughed.

took him to the pool 5 days in a row, no wonder he's been so tired.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
some of the neighborhoods freedom ended up in the pool last night and on the cars this morning....cleaning that shit up in the pool is a pain in the ass.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Looked at FB this am. Racist aunt and Trump lover grandma are on a roll again. FTS.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
did she flip out about NPR tweeting the declaration of independence? :rofl:
That and Obama's comment from Sunday (iirc). There was the usage of "that N should just go away". That's the same thing. Exact same thing. You just aren't able to search historical commentary be single letters.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Mowed yards, picked up dog poop, cleaned fish tank, cleaned/mopped floors, fed/walked dogs, made pizza/garlic knots and tried to make angel food cake for wife, then watched Fate/Furious (not worth the free viewing).

Today, time with granddaughters........... and pulling weeds.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning Monkies! Feels like Monday. GAH.
:stupid:
I am still sore from four days of intensive yard work / home chores. I am kinda feeling good about the outcomes though, and I managed to plant a nice specimen of scotch bonnet pepper among other peppers in my veggie garden so that is a win. Work has hit me like a sledgehammer this morning, rather big issues and decisions to deal with, perhaps that's better than starting slow and see the mountain of stuff grow.
Ride this afternoon so I have something to look forward to.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Mostly chill day around the house yesterday. Grilled up some Hebrew Nationals on whole grain buns that turned out to be quite amazing. Also saw Otto's Sausage Kitchen was voted 3rd best hot dog in the country. Of all the various crap I've eaten there, I've never had a hot dog. So I will rectify that this weekend.

Pooch was pretty freaked out by all the illegal's the new asshole neighbor blew up until after midnight. She basically just stayed in her kennel, I felt awful. Not nearly enough sleep due to said booms, need moar coffee.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pooch was pretty freaked out by all the illegal's the new asshole neighbor blew up until after midnight. She basically just stayed in her kennel, I felt awful. Not nearly enough sleep due to said booms, need moar coffee.
thankfully all the fireworks in our neighborhood were mild (lots of old people and young families) and were largely wrapped up by 9:30.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wish. I knew the new guy across the street was going to be a jackass (I have avoided him since they moved in, flat bill Bro Dozer). Rather than just blow everything up, they spaced it out quite a bit, I am guessing to avoid police rounds. There is only like 6 cops in town, but they do follow some of the bigger booms and high rocket launches.

But it is a Tuesday and not everyone has a sugar mama (I don't think he works at all and his new buddy works 2 days a week). Some of us have places to be in the morning. Back in the day, my neighborhood was nice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Survived two days of family. Managed to weather all the dumb questions and criticism without losing my shit, barely.

Escaped to work for a few hours then must return to the insanity. I may grab a drink on the way home.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:stupid:
I am still sore from four days of intensive yard work / home chores. I am kinda feeling good about the outcomes though, and I managed to plant a nice specimen of scotch bonnet pepper among other peppers in my veggie garden so that is a win. Work has hit me like a sledgehammer this morning, rather big issues and decisions to deal with, perhaps that's better than starting slow and see the mountain of stuff grow.
Ride this afternoon so I have something to look forward to.
I found a rabbit eyeing up my pepper plants this morning... Think they'll go for it?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife's tri bike has a cracked rear wheel. It's a tiny crack. It's carbon and tubeless, but at least now we know why it kept losing air. The wheel is about a year old. Trek better warranty that shit. And we've got a half ironman this weekend, so she'll need to use her old wheel. Poor wifey.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
thankfully my neighborhood prices that kind of riff raff out. our biggest problem is bratty suburban honkies (and their equally moronic parents) that can't grasp the concept of a speed limit.
I wish. Back in the day these houses were out of range, but Portland has increased way faster than the sticks. So flat bill Bro Dozers buy a 4+ bed in our hood for $300K vs $500K+ closer in.

I know his new truck, his convertible Mustang and the house are all in her name. I am guessing everything is since I have a feeling he lacks an income due to some disability he's made up. :rofl:

I will likely meet him eventually, but there has been zero desire to say hi at this point.

On a lighter note, I think my next door neighbor's old lady moved out over the weekend. I haven't said more than 2 words to him since they moved in a year ago. I know he drives for TriMet (public bus), but they kept to themselves.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Morning all. . Fishing sucked this weekend, probably due to the rain and muddied up water. I did catch some catfish, but nothing spectacular to speak of. Burnt up a lot of gas to go check out some striper fishing territory. Food was good all weekend with lots of grilled veggies and venison burgers. I did not get to ride, as I suspected as the local soil was holding lots of water. You know the soil is saturated when you squish down the grassy hill to the lake. got home from the lake yesterday around 11:30 AM, dumped the contents of the car and headed straight to the tennis courts. Myself and one of the stud teenage tennis players beat some pretty good players, 6-2, 7-6. Damn it was hot on the courts between 12:30 and 2:30, I didn't even drink beer on the courts. Could have stayed at the pool all evening and socialized, but FTS. Went for a swim and then headed home to enjoy an quiet, Air conditioned and empty house.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning, primates. Seems we won the 4th of July lottery - little traffic getting to the mountains, almost nobody IN the mountains (4 days of backpacking), and no traffic coming home. Only thing that stymied things was snow blocking the higher lake that we had planned to camp at.

Good fishing at the lakes where we set up base camp - one afternoon we were pulling in 12"+ cutthroats about as fast as we could change out mangled flies.

Day hike up to one of the upper lakes indicated that it's still spring in them there hills:

colorado_lake.jpg

some of the neighborhoods freedom ended up in the pool last night and on the cars this morning....cleaning that shit up in the pool is a pain in the ass.
You're a Pool Boy? Who knew?

Looked at FB this am. Racist aunt and Trump lover grandma are on a roll again. FTS.
I'm becoming less and less tolerant of intolerant people as I get older.

Survived two days of family. Managed to weather all the dumb questions and criticism without losing my shit, barely.
You should have given in to your hate. If only so that we could get some fun Uncle Westy stories.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You should have given in to your hate. If only so that we could get some fun Uncle Westy stories.
I did start to resort to answering dumb questions with either "I am not qualified to answer that question" or "I am very qualified to answer that question and just trust my answer"

Of course the dumb questions did not come from my nephew but his grand parents.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
whadja get?
Ordered built wheels from light-bicycle.com per a friend's recommendation who has had good luck with his set. Their carbon rims on Hope Pro 4 hubs for both bikes, $750 per set. Kinda hard to beat price wise, and the best option out there I could find to keep my antiquated 26" wheel size. I was hoping to pick up some older Haven or similar on clearance, but 26" is horrifically hard to find. And I'm not nearly a dentist enough for ENVE or similar.

These will likely be the last 26" components I buy, after that I may have to cave and go 27.5. Time will tell.....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have two sets. I bet you'll be happy with them.
This is good news. I will admit I did no research on them beyond my friend's recommendation, but I trust him with such matters. Definitely looking forward to getting them. Did they take long to come? A few weeks?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I ordered rims, not prebuilt wheels. It didn't take too long as I recall. 2 weeks?
I have the 30mm heavy duty AM rims on my trail bike, and just built the 31.6 heavy duty DH rims over the winter for my DHR.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ordered built wheels from light-bicycle.com per a friend's recommendation who has had good luck with his set. Their carbon rims on Hope Pro 4 hubs for both bikes, $750 per set. Kinda hard to beat price wise, and the best option out there I could find to keep my antiquated 26" wheel size. I was hoping to pick up some older Haven or similar on clearance, but 26" is horrifically hard to find. And I'm not nearly a dentist enough for ENVE or similar.

These will likely be the last 26" components I buy, after that I may have to cave and go 27.5. Time will tell.....
enve only makes 26" for their DH wheels anymore.