Quantcast

¤¤¤¤ Onsdag aka Wednesday GTM ¤¤¤¤

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This is good news. I will admit I did no research on them beyond my friend's recommendation, but I trust him with such matters. Definitely looking forward to getting them. Did they take long to come? A few weeks?
They appear to have worked out most of the kinks (read: breakage issues) with their newer versions. I broke a rear gen 1 version awhile back and replaced with a newer, which has held up well for a couple years now. But I don't ride much... :(

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I ordered rims, not prebuilt wheels. It didn't take too long as I recall. 2 weeks?
I have the 30mm heavy duty AM rims on my trail bike, and just built the 31.6 heavy duty DH rims over the winter for my DHR.
Cool....I did the regular 23mm inner width rims for the XC bike, and the HD 31.6mm inner width for the trail bike. being ~240lbs I decided that might be best for me.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Tried the best to make a good day yesterday but ended up being a little too tough on my son who turned out to be very tired and it was why he could not focus on dinner. I did manage to grill and we had a good dinner. Next year I will better be able to celebrate July 4th as we will be in a better moved in and no jetlag.
So, are you bold enough to rock an American flag on the fourth, or would your neighbors come and piss on your lawn at night? In other words, how are Yank relations in Denmark?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Wife's tri bike has a cracked rear wheel. It's a tiny crack. It's carbon and tubeless, but at least now we know why it kept losing air. The wheel is about a year old. Trek better warranty that shit. And we've got a half ironman this weekend, so she'll need to use her old wheel. Poor wifey.
That there is some serious DINK drama... I hate it when good things don't happen to fortunate people.

Also: 95 degrees and minimal wind, will hit the road bike today.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
So, are you bold enough to rock an American flag on the fourth, or would your neighbors come and piss on your lawn at night? In other words, how are Yank relations in Denmark?
I am sure some would get pissed off and you actually have to ask the Police permission but there will be an American flag next year for sure in some form. Both my sons are born in America which I am sure they will be very proud of for the rest of their life and July 4th is the the day to remember this. Personally its a country that has given us all so much too so yes again the flag will show up.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
One more f'n day till I'm off for two weeks and headed to Whistler with the family. Good times were had yesterday and definitely enjoy having a pool for the kids.

Can't believe my oldest turns 4 pretty soon. His birthday is during our trip. Really thinking about getting him a Spawn Cycles Yoji to replace his Strider. The baby is 14 months and already showing interest in wanting to ride the Strider. The oldest is pretty much at the limit and would be good to get him on regular pedals and hand brakes. Really want to start taking him out on little bike rides.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One more f'n day till I'm off for two weeks and headed to Whistler with the family. Good times were had yesterday and definitely enjoy having a pool for the kids.

Can't believe my oldest turns 4 pretty soon. His birthday is during our trip. Really thinking about getting him a Spawn Cycles Yoji to replace his Strider. The baby is 14 months and already showing interest in wanting to ride the Strider. The oldest is pretty much at the limit and would be good to get him on regular pedals and hand brakes. Really want to start taking him out on little bike rides.
Haley was ready a year ago, I just delayed a bunch (because winter). I would definitely look at the Spawn, ISLA Bikes, and Early Rider. Spawn being the awesome option. Don't skip bmx mini though.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
WIFEY HAS A JOB!! WAHOO! I can get back to my life of being taken care of (although not as well, because Denver vs. SF income).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I dig the look of the Spawn. I went overboard rebuilding Lil Man's Redline MX-16, but I am way happy and the total build was still under $125. Part of the issue right now is the standover on the MX-16 even with the seat all the way down is close. He is tip-toed and with the pedals off, he drags his feet, then complains it's too slow. :rofl:

I think his dad freaked him out when I wasn't around and now he is back on the strider.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Neighbor's kids that are about 6 months older than mine have the Isla bikes. They seem ok. Also looked at the Cleary. What sort of got me more seriously looking is my boy seemed interested when we saw an Early Rider at the local REI. He fit really well on the 16" wheel bike and seemed interested in riding it. My oldest is very cautious. I think the youngest is going to be the daredevil. Out of the options I've seen, I definitely like the Spawn and my son likes the green, so that's probably the winner.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Neighbor's kids that are about 6 months older than mine have the Isla bikes. They seem ok. Also looked at the Cleary. What sort of got me more seriously looking is my boy seemed interested when we saw an Early Rider at the local REI. He fit really well on the 16" wheel bike and seemed interested in riding it. My oldest is very cautious. I think the youngest is going to be the daredevil. Out of the options I've seen, I definitely like the Spawn and my son likes the green, so that's probably the winner.
Looking back with what I have put into it, Haley should have gotten the Spawn 20".

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Cool....I did the regular 23mm inner width rims for the XC bike, and the HD 31.6mm inner width for the trail bike. being ~240lbs I decided that might be best for me.
I run the 31.6 mm inner width rims with HD layup on my 5010. About 15 rides in on them so far and no issues.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
In other news we flew back to Denver today. I'm going to give domestic first class in December instead of United economy plus automatic Economy Plus upgrade via subscription. Why? Dentist^H Monocle.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello again monkies, 26 mile road ride complete. Road rides are moar harder and less fun because you have to pedal more, even on XC I only pedal when I have to... This is why my power to weight ration is all effed up. In other news - salmon for dinner!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
15 miles have been ridden, leading a fast paced group on a technical and not always legal single track. Now I am le dead with le beer in my hand.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Hello again monkies, 26 mile road ride complete. Road rides are moar harder and less fun because you have to pedal more, even on XC I only pedal when I have to... This is why my power to weight ration is all effed up. In other news - salmon for dinner!
Ratio. Ration is a food portion.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Rolled my ankle on Monday, medium pain and discomfort. Waiting for an xray to see if it actually needs care or maybe I can just rest till Saturday and then go pound pedals all weekend.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Had a date with a smoker. Nasty.....
what happened to the lady with the trailer?

my 6 y.o. son found a stash of smokes my wife had hidden away a while ago. she had given him a bag to pack his stuff in for the weekend and the cottage, and at dinner he asked why there were cigarettes in his bag... we were like "what?!?!". And he shows us. Sounds like she had hidden them there before he was born... it was the first thing I put my foot down for in our relationship... I loathe kissing a smoker. blech.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
what happened to the lady with the trailer?

my 6 y.o. son found a stash of smokes my wife had hidden away a while ago. she had given him a bag to pack his stuff in for the weekend and the cottage, and at dinner he asked why there were cigarettes in his bag... we were like "what?!?!". And he shows us. Sounds like she had hidden them there before he was born... it was the first thing I put my foot down for in our relationship... I loathe kissing a smoker. blech.
She dumped me and moved to Vermont because I took a picture of her boob while she was sleeping. I didn't know that was wrong.

Mucked around with a gate that someone had broken into at some nearby conserved land.

Made some shifting and braking adjustments on the Moonlander.

Rode into Vergennes for lunch.

Checked in at LBS.

Rode back home.

Dug teasel and schlepped concrete chunks for a few hours.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Does she really only have one boob? That's odd.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wow, that's a gazoombah!
She is a very nice girl. I miss her, and wished that she had invited me to come with her. Cooked, fun, sporty. independent.

I however am a asshole. I lost my shit. Plain and simple. No excuses can be offered....