Quantcast

¤¤¤Friday GMT¤¤¤

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! I will spare you the details of my 60 hours work week and focus on all the riding I will be able to do now that it's over. Today will be 80 plus with few clouds and moderate wind, perfect for road biking so I hope they have fun, Ima go hit the trails and generally screw off starting at noon.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Been sleeping really well lately. Not sure what that's about, but I'll take it. Else wise, strong case of the "meh" today. I'd like to ride but I've gotten roped into family stuff instead. What are you gonna do?

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Slept like shit last night, Drove to work, no ride for me today as I am hungover and it is cold and drizzly. I had enough of that yesterday, being outside in the rain all day.

Time to make the donuts.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Good: Got crushed by @6thElement and his wife last night and became intimately familiar with the sign of their butts pedaling away from me.

Bad: Work trip that was originally planned for late June - early July is now forecasted for early July - mid July which now backs right up to when the in-laws are scheduled to visit and go for a road trip around the state. Me right now = :mad:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
House viewing today at 11:30.

Fender flares out for delivery. Cause, bro.

Going to golf as much as possible this weekend, though the expected rain may fuck with that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
2" of rain are forecast for today, then a chance of rain for each of the next 10 days. :mad: #areweinpnwyet?
Seriously. It started raining yesterday and it isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow night. Talks of having to close one of the freeways in downtown Toronto (lols suckers) and flooding.

Need to confirm if coworker still wants to ride tomorrow morning. It will be dirty and greasy as all fuck, but I'm game for a slip-n-slide.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ben harper tomorrow...do i want to drive to at lanta twice in one week is the question....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Yuppie social event tonight.

Buddy just texted me that he has a 911 for the weekend. The shop that we take our cars to is a German performance shop and one of their loaners is a 2017 911. He's had about $9k in service between all of their cars ytd and when he dropped his car last night for an oil change it's what they gave him. We're thinking this is kind of a thank you.

Haley's swim for tomorrow has been cancelled, so we'll be doing a longer bike ride to make up for it. I need to find a good path, but I'll probably take her down to the Platte trail as it's mostly flat.

I really have nothing of value to add today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Some great cracks of thunder last night and a few flashes, wicked wind and rain, but only for about an hour, then it was just so nice. The humidity was a bit much last night, though. I damn near hooked up the AC.

ebay rant update. So the initial offer was $5 and I bitched, then it went to $11 and they changed the title of the auction (still says "built in" but no longer says Motion Plus) and I still bitched. Then they offered me $5 again. :rofl:

Came back with $12, then the last email was $8. I think they are talking to a lot of angry customers and just toss out random figures. They are unloading useless remotes at $12 each (I bought 2) then toss out a cash partial refund and "you can keep it". At about $3-$5 profit each, f@ck it. Stack ebay with a few 100 auctions and let it rip, right?

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Rainy days are the best time to play golf. You get the course to yourself and can play at whatever pace you want. Don't let it stop you!

Which flares?
It was a small charity tournament, so not a heavy player load on the course. Less than 18 foursomes with a shotgun start. Somehow, the threesome in front of my foursome still slowed us down. We waited on them on almost every hole. Cart Path only rules didn't help.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. Yuppie social event tonight.

Buddy just texted me that he has a 911 for the weekend. The shop that we take our cars to is a German performance shop and one of their loaners is a 2017 911. He's had about $9k in service between all of their cars ytd and when he dropped his car last night for an oil change it's what they gave him. We're thinking this is kind of a thank you.
Their loaner is a brand new 911? How the FUCK much are those oil changes?!? :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Full refund or bust.
See, this is what I was thinking, but then if they want them returned, who pays shipping? I would say they do because I wouldn't have bought the damn things otherwise. It's not like the are the wrong color, they lack the one feature I bought them for. :panic:

<edit> This is damn funny, though.

I'm sorry for all the troubles caused to you. Our description is a little wrong.
A little wrong. :rofl:

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Their loaner is a brand new 911? How the FUCK much are those oil changes?!? :rofl:
Doin' it wrong.
Not super expensive, but the engine camshaft bearing and VANOS replacement on the 540 and head gasket replacement on the x3 combined were pretty bad timing. They also bought the cars for $18k combined, so their cost in at this point is minimal.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
See, this is what I was thinking, but then if they want them returned, who pays shipping? I would say they do because I wouldn't have bought the damn things otherwise. It's not like the are the wrong color, they lack the one feature I bought them for. :panic:

<edit> This is damn funny, though.

A little wrong. :rofl:
If they sent the wrong product and you challenge through eBay directly, the seller pays the shipping costs and you should get a 100% refund.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If they sent the wrong product and you challenge through eBay directly, the seller pays the shipping costs and you should get a 100% refund.
That's what I thought. I opened the return and have to wait until after the 6th for them to step in. I should have checked the feedback. I don't usually, but wow is this one bad. They sell a TON of crap, but it seems to all be crap that either never gets there or doesn't work.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just found out that my girlfriend from college is now a lesbian. With her best friend from college. I am glad to know that I am not the last person to have dated or had relations with her, but I'm not far off the end of that list. At least I know I started her out as straight but didn't end her being straight. Side note - she drives an Outback. :rofl:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Gave up trying to service my pedal bearings. Threw them in the recycling bin. Went to the shop and bought new pedals. Used cleats did not work in the new pedals. Fuck knows why. Old cleat bolt frozen. Drill the bastard out and replace cleat. Back to zero. Got my stage passes for Todd Rundgren. I hope I can just get drunk, eat and enjoy myself. We shall see. Going to Tarrytown and Kingston.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Got the psychologists report on my son today. Definitely very smart, definitely has adhd. Definitely try the drugs.

Not sure what to think. Need time to digest.

On the other hand, the way he describes the boy's problems , sounds like he's describing me. Maybe I should go on the drugs?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got the psychologists report on my son today. Definitely very smart, definitely has adhd. Definitely try the drugs.

Not sure what to think. Need time to digest.

On the other hand, the way he describes the boy's problems , sounds like he's describing me. Maybe I should go on the drugs?
ADHD doesn't sound like the problem from what you've talked about. It sounds like depression. As for ADHD, that's an easy way for control, but stymieing potential. A lot of very smart people are told they have ADHD when in reality it's just being very smart and bored with the mediocrity they deal with daily.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Getting the studded tires off of wifey's car today. Sign of Spring! Ride on tap for later...
That reminds me, I need to swap back to summer tyres for the second time this spring. Put the winters back on last weekend after it dumped ~20" and I wanted to make sure I could get the MIL back to the airport :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Coworker just busted into my office asking if we're riding or bringing canoes for tomorrow. :rofl:

This is going to be a blast.