Quantcast

¤¤¤Monday GMT¤¤¤

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Skied yesterday. Conditions were superb, but I was just not into it. I'm tired of snow, cold, and winter, and I just want some warm weather already. And please if you would be so courteous as to not intrude onto my well kept front yard, that would be most appreciated.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spring finally sprung over the weekend. Trails are going to be a mess for weeks to come. Put in a slow 50 mile road ride yesterday.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Dragging a bit today. Between being on call and this daylight savings nonsense its thrown my body off. Oh well, got a haircut yesterday and rebuilt my bike in anticipation of warmer weather. No wonder my fork felt like poo, I found the remains of the top out bumper floating around in the air chamber.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Doing exterior estimates in chest deep snow (I'm 6'4) sucks.
Looks like highs in the 40s this week so hopefully some of this shit will melt.

Oldest spent the weekend skiing with his BFF, who races, and is hooked on skiing now after hating snowboarding.
He also logged 75 miles of night trail riding on sleds over the weekend.
I see my disposable income evaporating at an accelerated rate in coming years.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Get your kid a Red Bull contract and then he can support you in your dotage, dan-o.

I'm with Westy: freeze-thaw-morning freeze has wreaked havoc upon my commuting trail. All manner of footprints and tire tracks frozen solid this morning for a bumpy, tram-line ride as the bike tried to follow its predecessors.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Get your kid a Red Bull contract and then he can support you in your dotage, dan-o.
He (currently) wants to become a dentist so I'm pushing for him to sponsor his mother and I later in life rather than hucking his meat for some drinks and soft-goods.
After enough years tagging along with me and getting to know my crews he's realized that a life in the trades is a tough row to hoe.

I'm still insisting he gets a plumbing or sparky license as a condition of my paying for school.
My hope is that the memory of manual labor, even if well paying, will keep their noses in the books and out of my bong shed.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

I'm with Westy: freeze-thaw-morning freeze has wreaked havoc upon my commuting trail. All manner of footprints and tire tracks frozen solid this morning for a bumpy, tram-line ride as the bike tried to follow its predecessors.
Speaking of freeze/thaw - witnessed an H2 squarely smack a dorm-fridge sized boulder in the middle of the road on our trip out to Crested Butte. Boulder f**ked that truck up.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

I just delegated a call from an annoying client to a junior technician, the boss called me chicken. I have dealt with this client before, and it is not fun. His voice is high and whinny, and cannot sometimes understand what he is being told.

Other than that, I'm surfing around the internet looking for work.

Be safe out there.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Praise teh FSM! I slept damn near 12 hours last night. So much energy for activities!

:stupid:
Going to be super nice the next couple days. I want to get out and ride the MTB's so bad, but the local trails are bound to be an epic shit show for the next couple weeks. Road bike it is. *sigh*

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:

Praise teh FSM! I slept damn near 12 hours last night. So much energy for activities!

:stupid:
Going to be super nice the next couple days. I want to get out and ride the MTB's so bad, but the local trails are bound to be an epic shit show for the next couple weeks. Road bike it is. *sigh*
One of the nice things about having a few weeks of complete shit weather is that first nice day feels so good. I actually enjoyed being on the road. Even people driving seemed happy, waving, smiling and shit. I am sure they will be swearing and throwing things at cyclists in a few days.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
went to the parents this morning at their request to finish off pancake/waffle that nephews did not want to eat on their sleep over weekend.

their fucking loss.

delicious.

will hibernate now.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Skied saturday & sunday in Utard. was lots of fun 71" of fresh & bluebird skies with highs in the low 40º's.
Laura has stepped up her game this season & has gotten so much better at skiing.
She had a few milestones saturday...first day to ski pow (HATED IT! :roflmao:), first face plant in waist deep snow, first time to get yelled at by ski patrol to slow down.
Was a fun weekend. glad we finally got some wx.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
went to the parents this morning at their request to finish off pancake/waffle that nephews did not want to eat on their sleep over weekend.

their fucking loss.

delicious.

will hibernate now.
Waffles defy magnets and keep the poles from switching. You should take a nap.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
One offer received, but I think I got low-balled. They're pushing me for an acceptance today. Awaiting a 2nd offer from a different outfit today. I expect better $ and a better vibe is obvious from the latter. Must stall just enough to ensure having both in hand...

I expected a 3rd late last week, but it never showed up. Think I'll just assume it isn't going to materialize.

Struggling with options...

Gah.

Yes...yes... "Try it now..." I know...

Also trying to curb my DH fork temptations. Cart BEFORE the horse, and all that...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Order placed with Sears, select in store pick-up as the item is advertised to be there on the 2nd. Checked with customer service this morning and it won't be in until 3/31. Turns out they don't actually ship your items to the store when you order, they wait until the store has them back in stock and your order basically reserves one of said item. Sweet system there dipshits.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Order placed with Sears, select in store pick-up as the item is advertised to be there on the 2nd. Checked with customer service this morning and it won't be in until 3/31. Turns out they don't actually ship your items to the store when you order, they wait until the store has them back in stock and your order basically reserves one of said item. Sweet system there dipshits.
Well... it is Sears, after all. What was wrong with Amazon? ;)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Uh-oh... Productivity killer... I get reception on my phone from the can in my new office! Ridemonkey will be a different place for me now!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Doesn't Ace Hardware carry all things Craftsman now?
I'm going to swing by there on the way home and see if they have what I need. They don't have a huge selection and what they do have tends to be priced a bit higher than what you can find it for in Sears, but its worth a shot.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
not as plentiful as you may think...
That's weird. There are a ton of them here. They even have a distribution center right by the hangar. We have a brand new Ace within walking distance of the house, and I love it. I refuse to spend money at Lowes, and Home Depot is only marginally better IMO.

They don't have a huge selection and what they do have tends to be priced a bit higher than what you can find it for in Sears, but its worth a shot.
I haven't bough tools in years, but if Ace or Sears seems overpriced, I highly recommend you step into the truck of a Snap-on or Mac dealer. :shocked:

Edit: I take that back. I bought a 88 tooth 1/4 ratchet and a 5/32 socket from the Matco guy a couple months back. Ratchet was 90 bucks and the socket was 18.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That's weird. There are a ton of them here. They even have a distribution center right by the hangar. We have a brand new Ace within walking distance of the house, and I love it. I refuse to spend money at Lowes, and Home Depot is only marginally better IMO. I haven't bough tools in years, but if Ace or Sears seems overpriced, I highly recommend you step into the truck of a Snap-on or Mac dealer. :shocked: Edit: I take that back. I bought a 88 tooth 1/4 ratchet and a 5/32 socket from the Matco guy a couple months back. Ratchet was 90 bucks and the socket was 18.
If us plebians could actually step foot into a Snap-On truck perhaps I'd have that perspective. Given that they don't cater to mere peons like myself, no dice.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
If us plebians could actually step foot into a Snap-On truck perhaps I'd have that perspective. Given that they don't cater to mere peons like myself, no dice.
Those guys will sell to anyone with cash in hand.
Just stop next time you see one at a garage.