Quantcast

¤¤¤Monday GMT¤¤¤

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good Morning Monkies! Now that Mondays are my Fridays I am eager to see if the conferencea calls are any less annoying. We had another dusting of snow last night and its still cold. This morning I am going to try circuit machines too which ones I hate less. I generally just work the legs so starting off on minimal weights.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Snow and rain here, of course the trains are delayed. Can we just skip today, pretty please?

Still sore from my not-even-crash yesterday. Pulling cold muscles is no fun.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Pleasant 46* outside...So nice that the wife didn;t turn off her alarm before she left for 2 weeks of buisness travel and it woke me up at 3am:banghead: not that I didn't fall right back to sleep anyways. Forecast is for clear skies to day the nothing but rain though Friday. looks like an indoor woorkoug=t week to me

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, hombre. Early morning swim done. We got some snow last night so the usual busy-as-hell Monday morning at the pool yield me and two other people.

My legs are tired from skiing over the weekend. Since I blew off last ski season, my legs need to get used to it again. Saturday I was hurtin'. I felt better yesterday. Conditions were surprisingly good for it still being fall with only limited runs open, and not a ton of people at the mountain. Next skiing will be Christmas Day.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not a ton to report, just a productive weekend knocking out a bunch of tasks on my to do list. Did a brake job on my truck and continue to remain perplexed by a "whump-whump" noise coming from the driver's wheel on the wife's Civic that isn't tire, CV, or wheel bearing related. :think:

IMG_2023 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
howdy all. up n at 'em.
coffee going in.
friend posted this pic this morning of some guys we ride with - pic can't communicate how sketchy and steep a spot this is, both in terms of the run in and the run out - I've never bothered to attempt it. jelly.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello. Sleeping all weekend and generally doing nothing seems to have steered this wicked cold in the correct direction; I'm now feeling semi-normal.

Got another dumping of snow last night. I think non-phat biking is officially done up here, sadly. I also think that I should attempt to wrestle the bike rack off of the vehicle tonight. I haven't removed it since June....I'll be surprised if it comes out without the persuasion of a hammer. @slyfink is yours still stuck?

@jstuhlman is that somewhere in NC? How's the weather looking?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
howdy all. up n at 'em.
coffee going in.
friend posted this pic this morning of some guys we ride with - pic can't communicate how sketchy and steep a spot this is, both in terms of the run in and the run out - I've never bothered to attempt it. jelly.
Looks yummy! Grandfather mountain? (just guessing by the rocks)

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@canadmos - yep - in my favorite place - the Wilson Creek area. We need to find a way to get you guys over there while you're down here. It's a bit of a hike from Pisgah proper, where y'all are staying. If you look on a map for "Edgemont, NC" that's about the heart of it.

That trail is a poach off the blue ridge parkway called beacon heights. It connects to a legal trail called yancey, which dumps you in edgemont. Weather up there is mostly in the 30s and 40s right now during the day.@StiHacka - yep, good call, that's pretty much as close as you can get to grandfather on a bike (at least that I know of, although perhaps there's secret local stuff). just to the south of it, near the intersection of 221 and the BRP.

Oh - and saw both an e63 AMG wagon and a rootbeer colored 911 4S on the way into work this AM. :drool:

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@canadmos - yep - in my favorite place - the Wilson Creek area. We need to find a way to get you guys over there while you're down here. It's a bit of a hike from Pisgah proper, where y'all are staying. If you look on a map for "Edgemont, NC" that's about the heart of it.

That trail is a poach off the blue ridge parkway called beacon heights. It connects to a legal trail called yancey, which dumps you in edgemont. Weather up there is mostly in the 30s and 40s right now during the day.@StiHacka - yep, good call, that's pretty much as close as you can get to grandfather on a bike (at least that I know of, although perhaps there's secret local stuff). just to the south of it, near the intersection of 221 and the BRP.

Oh - and saw both an e63 AMG wagon and a rootbeer colored 911 4S on the way into work this AM. :drool:
Google says 2.5 hours to Edgemont. I'm sure that's doable. :)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Hello. Sleeping all weekend and generally doing nothing seems to have steered this wicked cold in the correct direction; I'm now feeling semi-normal.

Got another dumping of snow last night. I think non-phat biking is officially done up here, sadly. I also think that I should attempt to wrestle the bike rack off of the vehicle tonight. I haven't removed it since June....I'll be surprised if it comes out without the persuasion of a hammer. @slyfink is yours still stuck?

@jstuhlman is that somewhere in NC? How's the weather looking?
yup, it's pretty much nuking snow here right now. my friend who lives up near the trails is reporting 25cm of snow overnight (almost 10") and it's still not done. I got out for a fantastic snow ride yesterday afternoon, before the snow started coming, so yeah... I think the skinny-tire season is done.

As for the rack, yeah, I managed to muscle/wiggle it out before my road trip to VT. The 1up design has a sleeve inside the hitch bar that pushes a ball out and against the hitch mount, wedging it all in place. That sleeve had seized and wasn't really moving. A little Liquid Wrench, and then some Phil's Tenacious Oil restored the rack to its previous glory. I'll have to remember to do that as preventative service at least once a year.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Put the fenders back on yesterday just in time for a rainy commute today. Was almost side swiped by a cab that all of a sudden changed direction to a person hailing a cab and did a nice two wheel slips. Good to have some mtb skills when you ride

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Got a few more inches of snow over the weekend. One of the local ski mountains opened up yesterday. But I won't be able to hit the slopes until after I get back from the family holiday vacation. Damn.

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
I was gonna take a half day and go ride today because it was supposed to warm up, apparently the weather gods are like "fuck you buddy!" and it's not going to get out of the teens. :/

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
No snow, no rain. I'm gunna hit the bong shed before I go to work today. I like Monday's because I like my job.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still Morning Monkeys.

My cat is not herself, ended up taking her to the ER last night. If I can't get her to eat today I will take her into the local vet. She's a tough girl and the doc said she looks very healthy otherwise. So whatever it is, we hope it passes soon. Otherwise, werk.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Home for lunch, homemade chili with local farm habanero jack cheese, the peppers are fresh rather than dried so must eat fast :)

Other than that Monday conference are a mixture of meh and lets all talk at once then nobody talk at all...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
howdy all. up n at 'em.
coffee going in.
That's not SMP is it ?

Nevermind, just say your other post. Top of Yancy eh ?

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Mornin!

Not a ton to report, just a productive weekend knocking out a bunch of tasks on my to do list. Did a brake job on my truck and continue to remain perplexed by a "whump-whump" noise coming from the driver's wheel on the wife's Civic that isn't tire, CV, or wheel bearing related. :think:

IMG_2023 by Tim Souza, on Flickr
Does the sound change as you corner, or as you load to one side or the other. Not thinking CV cause those go clack clack when you turn. But as you veer right as left, does it get worse/go away at all?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Bozeman prison ministries came in last night for caroling, it can be a pain to deal with but they bring lots and lots of goodies. With that said I ate like shit last night and now I feel it. Need to blast a good workout before I start shift tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Victory dance... The locking hitch pin anddd the rack itself came out of the receiver without a hitch. I didn't even need to kick it in frustration. Normally I'd celebrate with a victory beer, but its been a week since I've had one of those.

:imstupid: :cheers:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I called in sick this morning as Mariko was up at 1 AM overnight with diarrhea all over her pants and bed. I was going to be on an academic day anyway after working this weekend, but this gave me clearance to not show my head in my office all day and instead run errands and shit:

- wife knocked over $150 WWII print in a glass frame by mistake at the hobby shop. She broke it so I ended up buying it, whoops. My dad will love it, though.
- bought a fire truck screw-together-with-plastic-screws kit for Mariko, and she loved assembling it. We shall be doing more of this in the future
- bought a RC truck for my own amusement, and found out it has crap traction on my wet back lawn. GoPro/gimbal mounting hacking to occur later.
- braved the wilds of Costco, our natural habitat as yuppies
- finally picked up my ski boots from Larry's up in Boulder

Not a bad day.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I called in sick this morning as Mariko was up at 1 AM overnight with diarrhea all over her pants and bed. I was going to be on an academic day anyway after working this weekend, but this gave me clearance to not show my head in my office all day and instead run errands and shit:

- wife knocked over $150 WWII print in a glass frame by mistake at the hobby shop. She broke it so I ended up buying it, whoops. My dad will love it, though.
- bought a fire truck screw-together-with-plastic-screws kit for Mariko, and she loved assembling it. We shall be doing more of this in the future
- bought a RC truck for my own amusement, and found out it has crap traction on my wet back lawn. GoPro/gimbal mounting hacking to occur later.
- braved the wilds of Costco, our natural habitat as yuppies
- finally picked up my ski boots from Larry's up in Boulder

Not a bad day.
The attched gopro and gimbal should help with traction... you really should get a gasser and take it to the hills though.