Quantcast

¤¤¤Monday GMT¤¤¤

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Does the sound change as you corner, or as you load to one side or the other. Not thinking CV cause those go clack clack when you turn. But as you veer right as left, does it get worse/go away at all?
It might increase slightly, but the sound doesn't change in magnitudes. I put the car up in the air over the weekend and was easily able to spin the wheel by hand. It spun just as easily as the passenger side. That makes me think its not the wheel bearing and is something deeper in the drivetrain...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
It might increase slightly, but the sound doesn't change in magnitudes. I put the car up in the air over the weekend and was easily able to spin the wheel by hand. It spun just as easily as the passenger side. That makes me think its not the wheel bearing and is something deeper in the drivetrain...
Actually, with that description.. wheel bearing, you have just one tiny spot that is either rough or flatted. As it loads you will hear the change. Pretty text book symptoms you are describing

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Actually, with that description.. wheel bearing, you have just one tiny spot that is either rough or flatted. As it loads you will hear the change. Pretty text book symptoms you are describing
Hmm, good to know. It was atypical of the other wheel bearing failures I've experienced so I wasn't 100% sure. I'll report back when I've had an opportunity to get it changed out, though that probably won't be until after the new year.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Put the fenders back on yesterday just in time for a rainy commute today. Was almost side swiped by a cab that all of a sudden changed direction to a person hailing a cab and did a nice two wheel slips. Good to have some mtb skills when you ride

Wearing a blue jacket and rode across the BK Bridge towards Manhattan at 8:30ish this morning?

CopeC

Chimp
Dec 14, 2016
Mornin!

Not a ton to report, just a productive weekend knocking out a bunch of tasks on my to do list. Did a brake job on my truck and continue to remain perplexed by a "whump-whump" noise coming from the driver's wheel on the wife's Civic that isn't tire, CV, or wheel bearing related. :think:

IMG_2023 by Tim Souza, on Flickr
nice