Quantcast

¤¤¤Thursday GMT¤¤¤

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was supposed to go to Philly today for a restaurant grand opening, then Pittsburgh tomorrow and then Buffalo the day after that. However I didn't feel like it. So I woke up late, and now I am contemplating Waffles. I want to train folks to have low expectations of me, and my money....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
my new gig includes peer review on 2 projects every 45 days, and I like it.
no chance to suck without somebody noticing.
My place is a very "metric" driven culture......so I have more project updates, status updates, weekly reports, etc than should ever need to be done.

Fact: during last year's year-end review, my boss noted "there seemed to be a 2 week period without progress" on a project with a 1.5yr timeline.

So yea.......fuck off.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My current gig is not ideal either. No metrics other than "do it cheaper". And they keep dicking with my resources, which is murdering productivity. Strangely, that is not how the job was estimated. Go figure.

Hooray for "Management".

Should new opportunities present themselves, I shall be listening.

///North ///Van ///Mortgage ///Problems

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Haley in on day 6 too, but we've been told she can go back to school as the fever broke late Tuesday. That little girl has had a rough week.
That sucks. Kids feeling crappy without full comprehension of why this is so is tough to bear. Mariko, Yuna, and Jessica all have it, too. I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday, which is great except that means I will have spent this whole week of vacation sick.

Sorry, man. I've had it twice. It's friggin brutal. The merciless throbbing headaches were the worst until I got properly medicated, but that's probably easy for you since you have easy access to all the good drugs.
Oof, twice. I hope to not repeat this. Thankfully no headaches for me: just a deep cough, super clogged head and upper airway, no energy, no sleep, and a general feeling of how a heart failure patient must feel. Oh, and a few hours of delirium. Aleve is my friend.

my new gig includes peer review on 2 projects every 45 days, and I like it.
no chance to suck without somebody noticing.
Downside: time in North Dakota?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I was supposed to go to Philly today for a restaurant grand opening, then Pittsburgh tomorrow and then Buffalo the day after that. However I didn't feel like it. So I woke up late, and now I am contemplating Waffles. I want to train folks to have low expectations of me, and my money....
image.jpeg

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
This just in... an increase in revenue along with a decrease in costs will result in increased profits which will stabilize stock price and associated wealth. Groan. Is there anyway to fast forward to associated wealth? Daddy was a bank robber and he did alright.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Waffles were had. Breasts and fat asses were observed and creepily ogled. Stupid one liners were said. I think I make them uncomfortable at the Restaurant. I tip well however.....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Was just informed that the R&D group wants to interview me for 3 current opening they have, less than a day after submitting my resume.

Fingers crossed.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Supposedly Wegmans will be the in NC area soon
Yeah I read a article where they plan that. Place is awesome. I am not sure I could live anywhere without a Wegmans. I eat their Grandpa sauce once a week. NC with Wegmans would be all the incentive I need to move there...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
crowded market...beyond teeter/publix you've got trader joes, earth fare, whole foods, and fresh market. their best bet here is to partner with/buy earth fare or fresh market. and i know me some wegmans...@jdcamb, it's good here anyway, my friend...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My place is a very "metric" driven culture......so I have more project updates, status updates, weekly reports, etc than should ever need to be done.

Fact: during last year's year-end review, my boss noted "there seemed to be a 2 week period without progress" on a project with a 1.5yr timeline.

So yea.......fuck off.
you didn't say hey fuckstick....i was on vacation that week?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Antenna install was a busy, while suppliers had antennas no one had a mount, the cutting/crimping tool I got is crap, and so were the connectors.

On the positive side the Dakota smells better.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
16x speed?

Come take a ride on my tiny truck, 360 mph when adjusted for scale

I'm unable to do maths this early, but it was a time lapse with one frame taken every half second, played back at 30fps.

Your back alley looks like an ice rink. :o

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm unable to do maths this early, but it was a time lapse with one frame taken every half second, played back at 30fps.

Your back alley looks like an ice rink. :o
60x! Your commute truly is long. I do not envy that.

Yeah, shadowed areas on the north side of buildings end up like that, at least where drainage is poor.