Quantcast

¤¤¤Turdday GMT¤¤¤

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
it's thursday. ride night. it's raining. my kids didn't sleep. again. I'm not gonna ride in the monsoon again, eff that.

hope y'all will have a better day than me...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife's going out of town for four days starting tomorrow. Last time I was left unsupervised like that, I vacuumed the house. What kind of hijinx will I get into this time!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Flooring guys got the master bedroom complete yesterday so we didn't have to sleep in the camper. They will finish the office and guest bedroom tonight YAY. get to spend another day working for a living.
Is that the laminate?

Not a bad Thursday here. Foggy as hell driving into work this morning. Came into work and there was a full jug of coffee, which is rare.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin champs!

My friend just married a chick with the last name Kundrat. How does one pronounce that, is it like cunt-rat? If so that's awfully unfortunate.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all.

Flooring looks good, Eric.

I'm on my lone academic day this week. Over the course of this day I will waste a lot of time, do some programming, and perhaps do some writing as well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Let's try this in the right thread...

So you know how I said my division was sold off? We were told that we'd have now product to sell. Which we do, but it's not exactly in line with what we had before, so a much harder sell. We had massive system issues for the first week of the month leaving us with an effective 3 weeks of sales. We just got our comp numbers and over half of our group isn't getting anything. For context, our normal monthly bonuses are between $2800 and $4000.
I'm shocked that we didn't have people just get up and walk out. There are multiple people who didn't get paid outside on the phone, most likely with their wives. Some are actively talking about just leaving today. I would be amazed if we don't lose half our sales team by the end of next week.

*To make this even stupider, Fidelity and Schwab both have large regional centers on the other side of the highway (literally same street) and are actively hiring. Fidelity has taken two people (of 13) since Labor Day.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I ordered my suit for Halloween that I will also wear to the company holiday party and any other occasion I can think of. It's pimptastic. I got the charcoal gray with white pinstripes, but they only have a pic of the black/white.

I still need some shoes, dammit. I was tempted to get an 18" feather for my hat, still might. This is only my second suit ever.

Stoney, you need to leave an upper decker, then walk.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
As my dad used to say: there are no bad products, just bad salesmen.
That dude could sell bacon to ISIS.

Let everyone else walk, negotiate a better base & commission, profit.
The flock of griping co-workers heading to local competition will devalue everyone from your firm anyway.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You would assume so, but they are so actively hiring it's not even funny. We have all been solicited regularly by recruiters from the firms. People are still getting really good comp packages.

As for bad products, the guys who hit their numbers are regularly guranteeing things and saying things that could probably get the financial regulators to bat an eye. All things that can cost you your licenses. The last guy to be on that train brought in a huge amount for the firm, including a couple of lawsuits. It's just a matter of time.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm just trolling you Mark, I know how stressful this shit can be when you've got a family to support.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You would assume so, but they are so actively hiring it's not even funny. We have all been solicited regularly by recruiters from the firms. People are still getting really good comp packages.

As for bad products, the guys who hit their numbers are regularly guranteeing things and saying things that could probably get the financial regulators to bat an eye. All things that can cost you your licenses. The last guy to be on that train brought in a huge amount for the firm, including a couple of lawsuits. It's just a matter of time.
I don't see the reason in here why you haven't walked across the street to the other firm yet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just got an email from the CEO that bonus percentages and 401k contributions are going up.

That's awesome. I spoke to ours at the bbq last month and we did record numbers this year. A raise and 401k kick in, wish it was the cash bonus they lied to me about when I was hired. But I haven't seen a raise in some time, so I aint gonna bitch.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

every day must be like glengary glenross at your job......

get them to sign on the line which is dotted.