Quantcast

¤¤ Sol Derp ¤¤

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Gonna go on one of those mountain bike ride things you guys are always prattling on about.

Couch shopping pt 2 scheduled for later today. Let's see if the kiddo fills the truck carseat with puke too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, lovelies. I got outside early this morning for a 15.5 mile run that went really well. I'm going to climb into the hot tub once I finish this sammich.

Looks like tomorrow will be an MTB day! :rockout:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hallo ppls

plan is to round up kids and take everyone to Ruby Hill for their bike park. We shall see if the middle child in particular decides that she wants to play with slime at home instead

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Been a little freaked out at stop lights lately. As I was coming home Thursday, the wife messaged me about hitting the bakery on my way. As I get into Scappoose, the light changes and I get in the turn lane. Three cars stopped next to me at the light when BAM! A Suburban going full tilt (55 mph likely) looking at her phone slams into the stack sending the first car into traffic.

The one funny thing was you could see on her face where her phone broke her nose when the air bag smashed it into her face causing 2 black eyes as well. But now I'm watching my mirrors while stopped. Had I not gone to the bakery, that would have been me at the tail end.

PXL_20230525_175221679.jpg

PXL_20230525_175206435.jpg

I got pictures of the clean up as I left the bakery.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Been a little freaked out at stop lights lately. As I was coming home Thursday, the wife messaged me about hitting the bakery on my way. As I get into Scappoose, the light changes and I get in the turn lane. Three cars stopped next to me at the light when BAM! A Suburban going full tilt (55 mph likely) looking at her phone slams into the stack sending the first car into traffic.

The one funny thing was you could see on her face where her phone broke her nose when the air bag smashed it into her face causing 2 black eyes as well. But now I'm watching my mirrors while stopped. Had I not gone to the bakery, that would have been me at the tail end.

View attachment 194365

View attachment 194366

I got pictures of the clean up as I left the bakery.
North bound on the 30? That transition from 55 mph hiway to “in town” is pretty abrupt.

Congrats on not becoming an accordion!

Fence building and maybe a ride on tap for today.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Bigger ride yesterday, legs are feeling it today. Still gonna try and get out for a pedal, plus chores and maybe see some music downtown.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The organic farmer 1k meters away from my place now not only has a grain mill business but also a bakery located at his farm. Only open Wed and Sa, only 3 different breads.
Locally grown old species crops, locally made into flour and subsequently bread, how good is that? Bread is super tasty and with my homemade jam, the only non-local thing for my breakfast was the butter. :banana:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back up and studying. Head hurts from lack of sleep and caffeine, and really not loving the materials I'm going through. I have a ton to grind through by eow because my live class starts Saturday and I need to be ready for it. Ugh.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Rain, rain, rain. Putting up ads for remaining road bike items. Monoco Grand Prix with breakfast, Indy 500 up next.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
North bound on the 30? That transition from 55 mph hiway to “in town” is pretty abrupt.

Congrats on not becoming an accordion!
Yeah, the light had just changed. My guess is she saw it green, assumed it stayed that way and went back to her conversation.

Technically you should have slowed to 45 back at the nursery, but nobody does before the first light in town.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Get home after traveling since essentially midnight last night and all I wanted was to catch up on the F1, proper football and Giro from this weekend.

Cable is out. Thanks Xfinity.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Needed a break, so karting for an hour or so. Haley decided to join but had no shoes after a sleepover. Still got into low-mid times in sandals.
PXL_20230528_230818028~2.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Get home after traveling since essentially midnight last night and all I wanted was to catch up on the F1, proper football and Giro from this weekend.

Cable is out. Thanks Xfinity.
Discovered the cable is out because of what appears to be an unskilled adult on a fat e-moped thing couldn't handle coming down the 25% grade in our hood and crashed into the utility pole, damaging a bunch of the cables.

For best effects download and then zoom in on the crash with the volume up. :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Discovered the cable is out because of what appears to be an unskilled adult on a fat e-moped thing couldn't handle coming down the 25% grade in our hood and crashed into the utility pole, damaging a bunch of the cables.

For best effects download and then zoom in on the crash with the volume up. :D
Oh my shit. :eek: That sounded like it hurt.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The video would be SO much more satisfying if Peaty had eaten him.
I'd say adult couple, without helmets and it's the her who has put a dent into the pole and damaged a bunch of cables.

If she was holding onto the right grip there's got to be breakages in the hand or wrist with that speed on a 60lb moped.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd say adult couple, without helmets and it's the her who has put a dent into the pole and damaged a bunch of cables.

If she was holding onto the right grip there's got to be breakages in the hand or wrist with that speed on a 60lb moped.
Witnessed something similar with a father/daughter combo on a pair of electric scooters. Girl washed out on a manhole cover. The sound of her un-helmeted head hitting concrete made me nauseous. They declined my offer of assistance. Turns out 10" wheels at 20mph aren't very stable