Quantcast

¤《Twosderp MFGMT》¤

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
About to lose my shit over Google. Can't log into my account, get stuck in an infinite loop on their help pages, then get an email that someone has my password and is trying to log into my account. No shit someone is trying to log in !

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
About to lose my shit over Google. Can't log into my account, get stuck in an infinite loop on their help pages, then get an email that someone has my password and is trying to log into my account. No shit someone is trying to log in !
You sir need 2 factor authentication. Then there is pretty much no way for anyone else to get into your Googles. :busted: Stops the problem before it becomes a problem. Butttttttt then that leads into the great question; if you stop a problem BEFORE it becomes a problem, was it really ever a problem? It can't be something that it never was....or can it?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You sir need 2 factor authentication. Then there is pretty much no way for anyone else to get into your Googles. :busted: Stops the problem before it becomes a problem. Butttttttt then that leads into the great question; if you stop a problem BEFORE it becomes a problem, was it really ever a problem? It can't be something that it never was....or can it?
MFA for the win!

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Thanks, but that doesn't help me log in, which I would need to be able to do in order to utilize 2 factor authentication.

Going to set up another email address and try to set up a new account. But they may block that since it's from the same IP.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sorry to hear she is like that. My mom was the sweetest thing and I wish my kids would have had a chance to meet her.
That's how I feel about my dad.
Mom's OK, she's just an ex-CEO and very strong willed. Carly Fiorina is her sister, I swear.
Being the one son she couldn't break like a wild horse, I've been on her shit list for decades.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thanks, but that doesn't help me log in, which I would need to be able to do in order to utilize 2 factor authentication.

Going to set up another email address and try to set up a new account. But they may block that since it's from the same IP.
True, it might not help you logon now, but it would prevent you from being locked out because of someone else's actions in the future.

If my Google account is accessed from a new device, I will get a new passcode sent directly to my phone (which is also locked). For someone to break into my Googles, they would have to know my user name, my current password and the password to unlock my phone (to get the generated code).

You didn't have a secondary email address linked to that one, for recovery purposes? Though, if someone had access to your account, that be one of the first things to change. Maybe try accessing your Google account from your Android phone (assuming you have one...).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Mom's OK, she's just an ex-CEO and very strong willed. Carly Fiorina is her sister, I swear.
Being the one son she couldn't break like a wild horse, I've been on her shit list for decades.
Funny it's the reverse with me. My dad is not much of a family man. Best story this year is when he traveled to Florida from Denmark on vacation without tell me when I was there with the boys anyway. Oh well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rumor has it the M should be back to life tomorrow. Hopefully it's real. I want my f*in car back.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
True, it might not help you logon now, but it would prevent you from being locked out because of someone else's actions in the future.

If my Google account is accessed from a new device, I will get a new passcode sent directly to my phone (which is also locked). For someone to break into my Googles, they would have to know my user name, my current password and the password to unlock my phone (to get the generated code).

You didn't have a secondary email address linked to that one, for recovery purposes? Though, if someone had access to your account, that be one of the first things to change. Maybe try accessing your Google account from your Android phone (assuming you have one...).
Google asked for another email associated with the account, to which I used my gmail address, which did not match their records. Maybe I didn't give them another address, or... let me check sumpin.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Tried the only other email add I have and that didn't match their records either.

And I have to call my ISP sales department to set up an email account through them. Which is what I would need to set up another Google account.

FUUUUUUUUUUCKK!!!!! :banghead::rant:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
You and I have a great deal in common.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Tried the only other email add I have and that didn't match their records either.

And I have to call my ISP sales department to set up an email account through them. Which is what I would need to set up another Google account.

FUUUUUUUUUUCKK!!!!! :banghead::rant:
have you tried calling.....i had to do that with paypal when i had a login issue.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
After getting 2 quotes to fix my Bathroom. One for $4300. I said fuck it and went to the bank and then drove to Home Depot. Bought all the stuff and did it myself for $1100. So instead of filling the base of the shower with Concrete the original contractor used sand which emptied into the basement so my shower pan had nothing supporting it. Most of the adjacent concrete wall board had disintegrated facilitating another trip to Home Depot.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today blows. I'm not really feeling the best; not sick but more of the "blues". Maybe because it looks like this outside....

I did take an epic #2 this morning, though. Had no choice but to double flush, even I was impressed.

Didn't ride last night because blah. Might night ride tonight because of blahhhhh again. Must change.
Holy shit, what are those huge things in front of the mall parking lot?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i have been reminded my parents 49th wedding anniversary is soon....i feel old.