Quantcast

¥£¥ butt crack o monderp gmt ¥£¥

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yesterday I rode up on a kid just after the crashed hard into a tree. F'd up. Made stoney's crash look somewhat mellow. Big laceration on the arm, I'm guessing 15-20 stitches worth, and bruised and bloodied everything else.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Awakeness not fully achieved yet. Will ride somewhere this morning—perhaps green mountain with the 6 year old this time?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode again yesterday, but my legs and head just weren't having it. Felt like a passenger on the bike and had no energy for anything challenging. I'm blaming on the last lingering effects of this cold. Going to skip riding today and just rest. Really do not want this cold carrying over into the road trip to Vermont next week.

In other news, got oil change on the car this morning for said road trip. Two of the guys in that shop ride and are heading Highland next week. Have not actually had the opportunity to ride with them yet after all these years though.

Coffee'ing it now. And I supposed this work thing....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Two hours into the week and it is already shaping up to be an eventful one, in a good way. I just got out of a work meeting where we made our official GO decision on our October project go-live, which I've spent the last two years working on. Pile on top of that my upcoming Ironman on Sunday, which I have to try to NOT think about because it makes me nervous which makes me have to poop. I'll throw up the tracker link later this week in case anyone wants to check in on my progress in yet another race and get some good laughs at my expense. Spoiler: I will not run a 3:15 marathon during that race.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ortho appt for the shoulder Friday am. Thinking it's getting better then I try to shake somebody's hand while sitting (lifting arm up) or push my laptop around and I get a solid reminder that something's not working right. I'm really hoping that it's not borked though. I want to be able to ride Whistler instead of just hiking while my friends ride.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'. spent the morning hauling stones with the neighbors to fix our road that is washing away. For the rest of the day I will getting construction footage with the drone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
mornin'. spent the morning hauling stones with the neighbors to fix our road that is washing away. For the rest of the day I will getting construction footage with the drone.
Similar issues on our roads, not county maintained. The 'hood paid for grading and ditch pulling a few weeks ago, 3 days later a thunderstorm effed it all up again. Hopefully we can get everyone to agree to paving across the next few years.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Similar issues on our roads, not county maintained. The 'hood paid for grading and ditch pulling a few weeks ago, 3 days later a thunderstorm effed it all up again. Hopefully we can get everyone to agree to paving across the next few years.
Have you been out on Drew Hill Rd recently? The county went and filled in the potholes at the bottom. Not sure if they got to the ones atop the hill.

I’m back from riding with Mariko on the Mac Ride. Rooney Valley Trail was good again. Box o’ Rocks was a bit much in retrospect. No falls but it was a lot of effort picking lines with her on board.

798892EF-8A51-4AF9-8BE3-10672BD80151.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Have you been out on Drew Hill Rd recently? The county went and filled in the potholes at the bottom. Not sure if they got to the ones atop the hill.
50 years ago or whenever it was that our subdivision was platted, the owner didn't like big gub'mint so he didn't allow the county to take ownership of the roads.

Subsequently we all pay our CO taxes but then have to pay more on top for road maintenance. Most other around us are all county maintained...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
50 years ago or whenever it was that our subdivision was platted, the owner didn't like big gub'mint so he didn't allow the county to take ownership of the roads.

Subsequently we all pay our CO taxes but then have to pay more on top for road maintenance. Most other around us are all county maintained...
but the FREEDOM you have by virtue of doing your own road maintenance is invaluable. Right?

:D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
ours isnt county maintained either but the town runs a grader up & down it when it gets gnarly but all that does is waear it down even more cuz they never replace the stuff the scrape off.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Holy shit... have a colleague that has been working with our backup appliances for 5 years... and yet it becomes clear to me that they have NO idea what they are doing with them. :banghead:
toasters and immersion blenders sure are tricky...

in other news, will attempt to rebuild front wheel tonight, relacing it to stupid boost hub for stupid boost fork....STUPID.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
toasters and immersion blenders sure are tricky...

in other news, will attempt to rebuild front wheel tonight, relacing it to stupid boost hub for stupid boost fork....STUPID.
You know you just need a 5mm rotor spacer to convert non boost front hubs to boost right?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
and also 20mm to 15mm end caps. and to redish wheel. and found a new hope for $65. seemed just as well to get new hub-this one was prolly 12 years old.