Quantcast

¥¥¥¥¥¥ Sunday GTM ßßßßßß

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Christmas party with the old high school friends yesterday. I was the host and make sure we removed as much beer and booze as possible from the house. I took it easy so I had energy to clean up today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Concert last night went very well. A pleasing day it was. Time to peruse some of the GoPro footage of my Baby Aya skiing earlier in said day—light wasn’t good as it was snowing much of the day.

Today we see “helper Santa” at Bass Pro and maybe watch a movie with the big kids in the afternoon.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sore today. Not sure if it's from hauling the kart and heavy ass stand around or the covid shot. Wifey is definitely not feeling great. Library and flu shots for the girls today.

Slippery slide of wanting to get my own kart is starting... I still have one proper bike to sell and simple HT can replace it. Given how much and where I actually ride with the girls vs. I will actually drive a kart almost weekly...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Went to The Stanley for a magic show last night. The show wasn’t great but at least we got coughed on all night by the people behind us.
Went to Sweet Basilico for dinner. Pretty good Italian food. Would go again. Probably taking the scenic route along 7 out of Estes today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Slippery slide of wanting to get my own kart is starting... I still have one proper bike to sell and simple HT can replace it. Given how much and where I actually ride with the girls vs. I will actually drive a kart almost weekly...
Stoney comes to the same realization the whole of RM had 6 months ago :p

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That he shouldn't be trusted as a financial advisor?
Want to know why I have my accts under our managed team? Because human nature is difficult to overcome, even when you know better. I know when to hand it over and automate savings rates. How stupid I am with the remaining amount is my own doing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was trying *really* hard to avoid it. But alas, fast is fun and I am not likely to hurt myself like on my bike.
This is a stupid idea because you'll be doing nothing that's actually exercise. Lifting the cart off the stand doesn't count

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Like buying an e-bike!
But this is just blatantly false. I still get plenty of cardio—in the range that I want it, too—when e-mtbing.

My bike commutes are quite low intensity in the grand scheme, yes, but they're also 100% more cardio than driving a car as the alternative.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This is a stupid idea because you'll be doing nothing that's actually exercise. Lifting the cart off the stand doesn't count
I challenge that. Have you done multiple 10-15min sessions every 20min in an outdoor kart? Crap rentals don't go fast enough or have sticky enough tires to be super physically demanding. Proper race karts are exhausting. I'd say it's probably just as demanding as doing downhill runs.

I'll let @jebfour comment, as he spent years racing karts, but it's not easy by any means.

Also vs. all the cycling that I don't do? Great comparison - complete inactivity (current) vs. multiple 10-15min sprint activities in short timeline.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:
Almost bought a knife this morning, but someone was faster. :banghead:
Time to drown my sorrow in tasty kolache and coffee.
Contemplating thinning the herd, candidates for jettison are a ZT 0562 and 0566. Maybe both, in fact. To be replaced with a large Inkosi or Sebenza instead.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Speaking of working hard and karting, we just got back from K1. Haley has League on Tuesday, so we went to get some practice in the Jr karts vs her outdoor kart. Just off PR in the Jr and decided to do a session in adults with me. She hooked on and stayed on the entire time, setting a PR in adult karts by over .5sec. We were pushing super hard, to the point that I also almost set a PR and haven't gotten anywhere near that time in probably 6mos.

My neck, shoulders and core are sore as hell right now, from the body work involved, and was panting during and afterwards for a while. Despite @Toshi's take, it's physical as all hell.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Why am I so obsessed with browsing new brake rotors? There is nothing wrong with my current SRAM centerlines. They’re relatively light and work well. I don’t need new ones.