Quantcast

¥¥¥¥ living in the future Sunday ¥¥¥¥¥

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
These are getting really early now. It’s not even dinner time here yet. To early for a drink even.
Cleaned my bike. Damn I am over muddy rides. Waxed chain ftw though.

IMG_9262.jpeg

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I used to lube the chain on my road bike with paraffin. So nice to be able to touch it without getting black hands. My teammates thought I was a magician.
Yeah, what’s old is new again etc. I am using the fancily named MoltenSpeedWax, which is essentially 98%+ paraffin wax but with nanoparticles of PTFE and Molybdenum in it to make it:

- a cool grey colour
- even slippier
- considerably more expensive
- slightly worse for the environment.

Yay.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Surely it’s nearly impossible to get bad weed these days? Even in NZ I get my choice of international medical grade bounties.
The good weed from the old days is just regular-ass weed now. The good weed today is grown by dwarf Buddhist monks and trimmed by virgin geishas. The buds look like christmas tree ornaments and sharks can smell one in the water from a mile away. Take one hit and nap for three hours.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I used to lube the chain on my road bike with paraffin. So nice to be able to touch it without getting black hands. My teammates thought I was a magician.
I used a cheap candle as hot wax for a chain and it was useless, was noisy within 100km.
But I have no idea what a cheap candle is made of.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The good weed from the old days is just regular-ass weed now. The good weed today is grown by dwarf Buddhist monks and trimmed by virgin geishas. The buds look like christmas tree ornaments and sharks can smell one in the water from a mile away. Take one hit and nap for three hours.
ditch weed dime bags of shake/seeds/stems...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sort of stopped raining. Was planning on a monster trail ride, but they'll be too wet. Plus it's only supposed to be 37ish freedums out there at the moment.

I had planned to drain the fresh water system in the camper yesterday and didn't - I hope I don't regret that.

Maybe some sort of mixed surface ride later...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
ditch weed dime bags of shake/seeds/stems...
Back in the day a buddy and I decided to convert the local weed dealer (who used to be an amazing breakdancer) into a skater. He went whole hog and you would see him decked out head to toe in Vision Street Wear or whatever the latest kit was. It was awesome.

After that we not only got $60 oz's, but they were choice. Still Mexican dirt weed, but the best you can get. :rofl:

As a side note, skaters never got hassled by the homies, either. I really wish I knew where Yoyo was. Last time I saw him was '91 right after boot camp, he was at the barber shop when I was home on leave.

/coolstorybro

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

I want eggs for breakfast. The ones in the fridge "expired" at beginning of July. Should still be good right? Right??

Going riding later. Easy spot, so I can goto the brewery in farm country, who doesn't let you give them a tip.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That was the closest I have come to an exploding prairie dog.
I've run over one once in my bike commuting days out here. so many of them. and they're so dumb. (the one I bumped over wasn't there when I looked behind me so he presumably survived.)

/me is starting his day slowly. 30 min snuggles with snuggly middle kid, 30 minutes of catching up on Duolingo and social media, now I've changed and dragged myself downstairs. shall moonlight a bit while brain wakes up fully