Quantcast

¥¥¥¥ living in the future Sunday ¥¥¥¥¥

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Been working in the garage for the last 8 hours. I decided to write off parking a car on my side of the garage ever again, so I bought a 72" workbench for the l garage cabinets that I got last year. I moved them from the front of the garage to the side, so that I was able to install the workbench. I now have all the space that I've wanted for ages but haven't been able to get.

I need a nap now.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
In case you all were wondering how well the gas powered post driver works, I bet my average time to drop a 8' post 4' down took probably 30 seconds per post. 24 posts were driven in less than 10 min. My slow ass walking back and forth to the truck bed took longer than anything.

Going to get ready for a big day of compaction with the sheepsfoot roller tomorrow, gotta fuel the excavator, move some dirt and start rolling.

Hold my calls, will be in the recliner

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
In case you all were wondering how well the gas powered post driver works, I bet my average time to drop a 8' post 4' down took probably 30 seconds per post. 24 posts were driven in less than 10 min. My slow ass walking back and forth to the truck bed took longer than anything.

Going to get ready for a big day of compaction with the sheepsfoot roller tomorrow, gotta fuel the excavator, move some dirt and start rolling.

Hold my calls, will be in the recliner
More photos pls.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah, what’s old is new again etc. I am using the fancily named MoltenSpeedWax, which is essentially 98%+ paraffin wax but with nanoparticles of PTFE and Molybdenum in it to make it:

- a cool grey colour
- even slippier
- considerably more expensive
- slightly worse for the environment.

Yay.
wax.jpg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I've run over one once in my bike commuting days out here. so many of them. and they're so dumb. (the one I bumped over wasn't there when I looked behind me so he presumably survived.)
I have exploded a prairie dog with my truck tire before... i was talking about the final sprint to the porcelain god this time!

Had a great ride in the woods. A rock I thought was solid totally bounced when I ran into it, taking my front tire with it. I ate shit at 25mph and only got some rash on my forearm.

20240922_140153.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode, but ate shit. Girlfriend went right, instead of left, while riding behind me. So while I was headed back looking for her, she sent me GPS location, which I was looking at while riding like an IDIOT. While looking at my phone, like an IDIOT, my right foot smashed a rock, sent me OTB and drove the top of my leg bones/knee straight into another rock. I also ended up under my bike, still clipped in. :rofl:

Luckily I didn't smash my brand new phone in the process.

And I was only about 50 meters from her, if I had just gone around the next corner, instead of looking at my phone like an IDIOt, it wouldn't have happened. :rofl:

Oh well. Bailed on the ride when my knee felt weird pushing on the pedals going up a climb.

Hit up the brewery, who would not let me tip. Delicious. They had a friggin pizza oven on wheels making fresh pie, which of course we chowed down. $28 for it, but it was really good...

The rock...good little rock, bless your heart.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Filled a 55gallon trash barrel 6 times with raccoon shit. Finally doing a top to bottom clean of the old bank barn at my place. The skid loader will fit in the dumpster so I’ve been compacting the junk/shit as I go. Turns out old mason jars sell for a lot on Etsy. Found a shit load of those too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Filled a 55gallon trash barrel 6 times with raccoon shit. Finally doing a top to bottom clean of the old bank barn at my place. The skid loader will fit in the dumpster so I’ve been compacting the junk/shit as I go. Turns out old mason jars sell for a lot on Etsy. Found a shit load of those too.
Damn, now that's a shitty job!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
saw TESB with the Colorado Symphony. bought Japanese treats at Pacific Mercantile beforehand.

7/5 would recommend the experience overall. although some likely drunk 25 year olds down the row from our block of seats wouldn't shut up, even after I told them to do so, Joe Biden at debate style