Quantcast

¥¥¥ Goddammit Thursday ¥¥¥

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Fyvayem wake up for no reason. :mad:
:stupid:

Might as well get on the germ tube and go see a volcano.

"Kīlauea volcano is erupting. At approximately 4:44 a.m. HST on June 7, 2023, the USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory detected glow in Kīlauea summit webcam images indicating that an eruption has commenced within Halemaʻumaʻu crater in Kīlauea’s summit caldera, within Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park."

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Super fun ride last night. Though later I had a terrible sleep, so my body feels wrecked now. :dead:

No meetings or anything today, maybe I can squeeze a nap in...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
well?.gif
Did well. Didn't PR, was off by 20 seconds, but my PR was from a late August ride and I did 30m of Z2 this morning, so hopefully with fresher legs and a little more training/a better night, I'll get the PR I'm looking for. Felt a lot more confident on the TT bikes and it's shifting better too. I think with a little tuning I'll get it just right.

Either way, it's fun as heck to push myself that hard, real type A fun.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I can breathe freely with the windows open today. nice! just in time for ride night.

my brother is going under the knife to have a tumor removed from his bladder. :fingerscrossed:

found out yesterday my little guy has been accepted into the school with a special class for kids with learning disabilities. I'm accepting the news with very mixed emotions. I can't help but think if he'd had good teachers, and if the principal at his school had given a shit about him we wouldn't be here. but it's good he'll get the support he needs.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Kid got into the dual language program. She’s stoked and so are we. Starting in kindergarten all the way through HS half her day will be in Spanish. Have a niece in 2nd grade and she is 100% fluent.

Tour of the birthing wing at the fancy new hospital. T-minus 2 weeks.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HERE, gdi ffs. Working in the office today so I can take advantage of the fitness center since Canada is still ruining the outdoors. Got a 3800 yard swim done and it was a bit of a grind, but I am glad I got through it.

There is a half Ironman in Springfield, MA Sunday and the air quality is currently hovering around 180. I wonder if the race will still go as planned. I am not doing the race, but I would have if I didn't have a 140.6 in two weeks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I can breathe freely with the windows open today. nice! just in time for ride night.

my brother is going under the knife to have a tumor removed from his bladder. :fingerscrossed:

found out yesterday my little guy has been accepted into the school with a special class for kids with learning disabilities. I'm accepting the news with very mixed emotions. I can't help but think if he'd had good teachers, and if the principal at his school had given a shit about him we wouldn't be here. but it's good he'll get the support he needs.
According to the smoke layer on Trailforks, you're in the eye of the storm. Take advantage for sure! I'm in the south west portion of this image, where that orange blob is hanging over the lake - just let the dog outside and it smells like smoke again.
1686229078808.png

For kid, on the upside, if its a good class, it should be smaller and one on one right? Might even be better than "regular" class... Though yeah I can understand how that is frustrating.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the haze continues. work sent out an email to "use discretion" if going to the office. I'ma work from home, but i was planning on doing that anyways as I already put in my 3 on site days this week.

my plans to go to the bike park this weekend, however, may be impacted. :stosh:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm looking at a report here at work. Someone has a filter for columns named "0" and "1".

The data in those columns is "0" or "1", in both. So you can filter by "0" and still get "1".

My dehydrated brain can't deal with this. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy. Board meeting with a fucked up situation today. Not looking forward to where this one goes. Hopes of getting data of track time from kart is gone; prior owner has sold that data logger so all data is lost.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fyvayem wake up for no reason. :mad:
it's 'cuz yer old

/me made an early morning Japanese bakery run, then got to campus early so strolled around a bit. today I read fluoroscopy and plain radiographs, and a few random obstetric ultrasounds on top of that. (my resident and PA will actually do the fluoro--I might have to don lead for one or two cases, maybe.)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Very grey and not hot, I'm not complaining. Actually have some work to do, WTF. Be safe out there, it's crazy.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I prefer to think it's still jetlag remnants. I almost fell asleep in my food at 7pm, bed before 9.
its always fun to be woken up at the bank drive thru by a voice you think is from above at first becuse insomnia won the battle the night before....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Eggs hatched in the little birds nest in my yard. Yesterday the dog knocked down the fence I put around them and ate all the chicks. Today he was in the yard and I heard a squeak, looks like he dispatched a baby rabbit. Once they get the taste for blood there is no stopping them.

Also, stop leaving your children in my yard.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Eggs hatched in the little birds nest in my yard. Yesterday the dog knocked down the fence I put around them and ate all the chicks. Today he was in the yard and I heard a squeak, looks like he dispatched a baby rabbit. Once they get the taste for blood there is no stopping them.

Also, stop leaving your children in my yard.
nothing funnier than a jack russel flinging a snake around in the air twice as long as it is...

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Good morning folks!! I’m tired and sore. Doing stuff all day everyday. I’m looking forward to my work trip so I can get a break. Yesterday got a good ride in and installed a hitch on the woman’s caddy so she can ride in my absence. After a work call we are going on a ride together.

still no takers on my fox 36 with scratched stancion, only has a season on it. Free with free shipping.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning folks!! I’m tired and sore. Doing stuff all day everyday. I’m looking forward to my work trip so I can get a break. Yesterday got a good ride in and installed a hitch on the woman’s caddy so she can ride in my absence. After a work call we are going on a ride together.

still no takers on my fox 36 with scratched stancion, only has a season on it. Free with free shipping.
Is the 36 a 1 1/8" straight steerer?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Terrible night of sleep, stuffed up head, stomach hurting a bit, good thing I have an interview later today. Time to chillax and read up on some technical stuff that's a bit out of my wheelhouse.

If all goes well we're getting Mexican food tonight, if it goes poorly, we're getting Mexican food tonight, if it's borderline, you guessed it, Mexican food.