Quantcast

¥¥¥ Saturday ¥¥¥

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I had some beers and slept really well.
I regret my decision to convert a distributor to electronic rather than just buying a cheap Chinese one plus a spare online.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the tmobile/sprint anti spam/scam caller hack is gold....

phone has not rang since yesterday afternoon.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fire going. Coffee brewing. Got a smart scale, proceeding to mess around with it. Kids last soccer game at 11, then yard work. Hoping to get a ride in tomorrow.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
5h45 latté consumed, heated slab on, now work. Later will be the last day of door-to-door before the election.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Strapped the baby to my chest and went scouting for deer last night. Much fun family time.

Today we are going to see a house. First one in months. Let's see how this goes.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good luck with the house, Timmay!

I'm headed to the town up the road today to buy Teh Spousal Unit an inflatable kayak, purchase some scrap lumber and maybe a window from the Restore place, look at bong sheds, and hopefully get a ride in. Then maybe date night at a joint owned by a buddy that has super fantastic cocktails and a rooftop bar with a stellar view of the foothills.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Finishing outlet this am then starting to build bases for cabinets. Having some friends over for dinner and what not late afternoon forward because Wifey likes to make sure that I have bday parties.

Conversation with MIL last night at dinner about the condo. Lots of concerns on her part about it sliding well beyond current $211k estimate. She sees lots of things that are "not necessary" like a fan in the bathroom because it has a window, but it's code, so tough shit. She wants a line-item based proposal, which she doesn't register isn't going to happen - we'll get detail, but it isn't going to be line-item. There are things that can be scrubbed off, but not much. Since the assumption in the proposal is everything down to the studs (removing drywall, insulation, electrical, large amounts of plumbing, windows - per the remediation sub it's mandatory, etc) that doesn't leave a lot that can surprise. The proposal assumes worst case, which I appreciate, but she can't wrap her head around the idea that when you take everything out, there's almost nothing more to add to the cost.She got angry and said, "Well fuck it. Why don't we just sell it then!" Easy, because I don't know if I can hit that consistent of an income stream with the same RoR as long as interest rates are this low. This whole thing is painful...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Up early today so I could grab a Friend A and drive to San Diego to meet Friend B. Friend B’s folks have a house on the beach and we were going to get to use it this weekend. I haven’t seen Friend B in a couple of years.

Just as I’m about out the door… Friend B sends a text: a kid in my kid’s class has Covid.

Plans down the drain. As much as I’m sure it’ll probably be no big deal, this is exactly how horror movies start, and how my bad luck works. If I don’t go, everything will be fine. If I do go, the covid bug will have jumped from other kid to Friend B’s kid, then to Friend B, and spending a day and night with B will just smear it around me and Friend A.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Up early today so I could grab a Friend A and drive to San Diego to meet Friend B. Friend B’s folks have a house on the beach and we were going to get to use it this weekend. I haven’t seen Friend B in a couple of years.

Just as I’m about out the door… Friend B sends a text: a kid in my kid’s class has Covid.

Plans down the drain. As much as I’m sure it’ll probably be no big deal, this is exactly how horror movies start, and how my bad luck works. If I don’t go, everything will be fine. If I do go, the covid bug will have jumped from other kid to Friend B’s kid, then to Friend B, and spending a day and night with B will just smear it around me and Friend A.
Boooo........

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Sucks, sorry.

Rode early in the coldest temps of the season so far. Bunny hopped over water into sharp rocks and pinch flatted the damn Eliminator in the rear again. :(

Now yahd wohk.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wife is in NYC for the wedding of two high school friends.

I have kept the kids alive thus far

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just a short rant... I shadow in Personalfinance over on Reddit and the amount of shit I see with people being told outright wrong information is mind boggling. This morning someone posted with questions about fees that their CFP is charging for annual management. Rate was a tad high, but still normal, especially if you're getting a Financial Plan out of it. Person says outright that they have zero experience with investing, just wants to know if the fee is reasonable. 100+ posts of people ranting about the fees and how they should move to a discount broker to manage by themselves. Promptly followed by a lost of which funds to invest in with allocations. Zero information asked about person's age, income, etc. giving advice. That shit is illegal. If anybody from SEC decided to visit, every one of those people would be opening themselves badly up to giving direct investment advice without licensing. People periodically pop in and say as much but get down voted into oblivion. Arrogance and assumption of knowledge, and people's trust of random people online is scary as hell. I know yesterday I was asking about electrical, but I was asking people who I know are GC's and electrical engineers - not just a random forum.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Well that sucks.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon! Got kids flu vaccines this morning, then gymnastics and Mom got shit done (grocery shopping, xmas shopping and enjoyed 6 minutes of quiet in the car with a coffee before kids came back). Now we are cleaning up a couple of trees we dropped for pole barn siding and blowing massive amounts of leaves out of the yard. Will be completing the necessary tick checks later too as we have both had them crawling on us (Sq-earl had 3 bites in a week and mine were just creepy crawlers).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just a short rant... I shadow in Personalfinance over on Reddit and the amount of shit I see with people being told outright wrong information is mind boggling. This morning someone posted with questions about fees that their CFP is charging for annual management. Rate was a tad high, but still normal, especially if you're getting a Financial Plan out of it. Person says outright that they have zero experience with investing, just wants to know if the fee is reasonable. 100+ posts of people ranting about the fees and how they should move to a discount broker to manage by themselves. Promptly followed by a lost of which funds to invest in with allocations. Zero information asked about person's age, income, etc. giving advice. That shit is illegal. If anybody from SEC decided to visit, every one of those people would be opening themselves badly up to giving direct investment advice without licensing. People periodically pop in and say as much but get down voted into oblivion. Arrogance and assumption of knowledge, and people's trust of random people online is scary as hell. I know yesterday I was asking about electrical, but I was asking people who I know are GC's and electrical engineers - not just a random forum.

Short rant: that is not short

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Lack of rides and endurance shows up when the leaves fall. I find myself losing the trail because of lack of trail memory that you attain on the Spring and Summer rides.