Quantcast

¥¥¥ Saturday ¥¥¥

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Drive is done, horse is stabled beer run complete, off to Red State bbq to pick up some eats. I am beat , wife is energized and wants to get all this shit done. I just want , food and drink and to chill. One of us must die
I guess you did just claim in that post that you weren’t working for a few weeks, not that you’d actually be relaxing and doing anything other than tending to your wife's dancing horse hobby

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
House was a dud. Clearly a DIY flip from someone who watched a bunch of HGTV but didn't let their lack of skills or knowledge get in the way of Gaines'ing the place.

- < 6' doorways in places
- 7.4 acre plot yet the house was almost on the road
- pool with no fence
- flooring was cut 1"+ short where it met walls

I imagine some poor inspector will have a field day going through that place.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
House was a dud. Clearly a DIY flip from someone who watched a bunch of HGTV but didn't let their lack of skills or knowledge get in the way of Gaines'ing the place.

- < 6' doorways in places
- 7.4 acre plot yet the house was almost on the road
- pool with no fence
- flooring was cut 1"+ short where it met walls

I imagine some poor inspector will have a field day going through that place.
A cabin we looked at had got track lighting that was < 6ft from the ground along a roofline and a door out on to the back deck that was probably 5'8".

Downstairs where the bedrooms were I couldn't stand upright.

We didn't put in an offer.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
bicicletta ride complete

17.5miles and 3400ft of vert, mucho fun.
What route? That's sounds heavy on both mileage and suffering.

13 miles, 2200', killer descent. was damn sure I might see the 6th posse out today, but no dice.

Edit: 14.8 & 2,887' verts, closer than I thought.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What route? That's sounds heavy on both mileage and suffering.

13 miles, 2200', killer descent. was damn sure I might see the 6th posse out today, but no dice.
Out and back, CC to North Elk to the new North Elk Extension all the way to Bugling Elk. The new extension trail is fun rolling terrain versus the old double-track route into Staunton.

I had meant to text you as we got the Staunton but forgot :(

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Just a short rant... I shadow in Personalfinance over on Reddit and the amount of shit I see with people being told outright wrong information is mind boggling. This morning someone posted with questions about fees that their CFP is charging for annual management. Rate was a tad high, but still normal, especially if you're getting a Financial Plan out of it. Person says outright that they have zero experience with investing, just wants to know if the fee is reasonable. 100+ posts of people ranting about the fees and how they should move to a discount broker to manage by themselves. Promptly followed by a lost of which funds to invest in with allocations. Zero information asked about person's age, income, etc. giving advice. That shit is illegal. If anybody from SEC decided to visit, every one of those people would be opening themselves badly up to giving direct investment advice without licensing. People periodically pop in and say as much but get down voted into oblivion. Arrogance and assumption of knowledge, and people's trust of random people online is scary as hell. I know yesterday I was asking about electrical, but I was asking people who I know are GC's and electrical engineers - not just a random forum.
I see the same crap on various forums discussing insurance related questions. However calling out the incorrect information is rapidly pushed aside due to the arrogance and ignorance. It is frightening that people do actually make decisions based on the absolute garbage they read on forum/social media.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Whenever Oregon plays the University of Washington in football a friend's wife always tries to taunt me via text, which is unusual because I couldn't give a shit about college football. In fact I think the whole thing is unconscionable. Well I recently found out she actually never graduated from Oregon. So instead of just ignoring her constant texts I just replied with a picture of my diploma. Has been nice and quiet since.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
nice hike with the fam up in the hills followed by pizza and beer in blowing rock. now to cash in on that extra hour of sleep. was gonna try to ride in the hills tomorrow, but looking like local probably. ah well.
some rox pix for @jdcamb

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I don't think anyone has the stones to keep it going, though.