Quantcast

¥¥¥ Saturdump¥¥¥

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
My son Fred’s little league team squeezed out a one run victory last night setting up a championship game against his cousins team today. My daughter Daisy has two performances of Oklahoma today as well. Splitting up watching duties with the wife. No ride today but later this week the wife and I are heading up to Killington VT for a week (after sending the kids to sleep away camp.)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Boss told me to turn off my comp and phone after our 1:1 yesterday morning, so I did. Flushed an air bubble out of the coolant system, then went car shopping with Wifey. She's wanted a Q7 for ages and after getting in one (didn't even drive it, I did) did a hard 'nope!' @Changleen She thought is was way too small inside and didn't like it. I convinced her to go look at an XC90 Hybrid, which she really likes the idea of (because nature), even though the range is really low - 20 miles - most of her driving is less than that. They didn't have one with the upgraded stereo in black interior within her short list of colors, and apparently they are super rare because the chip shortage. She drove a gas one and liked how it drove, so getting her into a Hybrid shouldn't be hard. Sadly I've had to come to terms with the fact that she'll be getting a lease because she wants a new car every few years and buying one doesn't make sense in that case. The math is stupid, but it makes sense long-term.

She still really hates the Subaru and keeps pushing for me to buy a car too, so I pointed out the Polestar while we were there and told her that is one of the two cars she is going to get me into. They are so new that there aren't really used ones to buy and those that are around cost almost the same as new, so after incentives, new make more sense. That car alone would cost more than the last 3 cars we've bought combined cost. Her response: "there's a lot of room in here and I kind like it. It's bigger than the All-road, it's a hybrid, and you won't be doing any modifications to it". Which is a correct statement - a Polestar would (if possible) get a hitch for a bike rack, a roof rack for my box, and that's it. But she's actually game/pushing for a $70k (holy what in the fucking fuck) car. She truly hates the Subaru.

The other car being a used A4 All-road, which would get and APR+ tune, possibly coilovers to lower it for handling (gotta drive it for a while to see how I like the handling longer-term), and nicer wheels for my summer setup with the OEM converted to winter, in addition to the roof rack and hitch. So... give or take an additional $3-5k and I will be having it professionally put on at this point. It is also a touch smaller than the Polestar in the rear seat, which is not optimal. Though this route is still $15-18k less than the Polestar.

Today we grocery shop and go car shopping.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Screenshot_20210619-113643_Gmail.jpg

first canvas print....do not know if i will frame it or just sit on it and sell in 4 or 5 years...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Attending a wedding this afternoon of two people I don’t like all that much and sounds like we’re to be seated with two other couples I like a whole lot less, so that’ll be fun. Definitely going to try to get the DJ to play some rediculous music, just not sure what yet.

Untilthen, installing base and case in the master bedroom

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Attending a wedding this afternoon of two people I don’t like all that much and sounds like we’re to be seated with two other couples I like a whole lot less, so that’ll be fun. Definitely going to try to get the DJ to play some rediculous music, just not sure what yet.

Untilthen, installing base and case in the master bedroom

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
After around 6 weeks off the bike, and a quick after work “test ride” on Thursday, I got in a proper ride this morning with the family. Daughter is getting good. Wife is getting fast. I completed the ride. 10/10 will do again ASAP despite the heat and humidity.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The last wedding I was forced to attend the groom actually walked down the isle to “Highway to Hell”, then his dad gave a speech at the reception about how he dated a lot of women because, and I quote “When you play high school football, the cheerleaders throw themselves at you, he was a regular at the clinic if you know what I mean” it was glorious. Felt a little bad for his wife because she’s actually pretty cool.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
This is your work? Because that is fucking awesome.
hell no....

french guy's work....limited run of prints once or twice a yeat....

this year he started doing prints on canvas....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Girlfriend did a 4 hour solo women's race today, so I was the designated water boy. Her first race; she had fun, finish all her laps within the alloted time and had no mechanicals.

Time to go fetch some beer.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I just spent a bunch of money...
IMG_20210619_151209_01.jpg

IMG_20210619_151224_01.jpg

Used 2020 A4 All-Road Premium Plus. 7,300 miles; pretty much every bell and whistle available. Negotiations were way in our favor. There was a near identical car - grey, 5,200 miles, painted side trim, and adaptive cruise control - literally next door. Was CPO, but with Audi you only pick up an extra year of warranty and a substantial inspection. They scrubbed a bunch off when they removed that, but we still got the inspection, ftw. When we had hammered them down a bunch, Wifey said it was time for lunch and they scrubbed a bunch more off. In financing we got them to drop the rate .25% from my pre-approved and pull another $500 off. So all said, over $5k less after negotiations.

Now to prep the Subaru for sale... anybody in CO know somebody with a teenager looking for a well taken care of Subaru with low miles? Some body work needed, but overall good condition with a lot of money recently dumped into it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
well, that was unexpected for you to actually do something.

:D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Anyway, nice car. I hope you don't try to get into an Acura RDX of the same color when you forget where you park it at the mall

no, seriously

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
well, that was unexpected for you to actually do something.

:D
And Wifey has once again bounced back to the Q7. 2020 is the first year with the in-dash touchscreen vs. raised screen, which opens the front up a lot (by feel; doesn't actually change anything). So that's back on the table. She looked at the Range Rover finally and that is now officially OFF the want list.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
When you feel flush you feel flush, I guess. My department chair has a Q7 and likes it, fwiw. Like you aspire to, they're an all-Audi family: her S7, his Q7. And his professionally restored Defender 110 with Mercedes diesel swap at their horse ranch.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Range Rover
have been told by a guy who beats the shit out of both land cruiser/lexus and range/land rovers the cut off year for buying a rover is the first/second year the discovery was available in the states....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
have been told by a guy who beats the shit out of both land cruiser/lexus and range/land rovers the cut off year for buying a rover is the first/second year the discovery was available in the states....
I don't challenge this. I've been trying to talk her out of one for a decade and been relatively successful.