Quantcast

¥¥• TGMT •¥¥

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just saw the local fox for the first time in months. it may have been offspring frmo the ones i saw in the spring. back then the fox was hunting a LOT, so i assumed there were kits. then early summer my wife so one dead on the side of the road :( this one looked different, maybe one of the kits is grown?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
^^^Meh.

You know that's a great question... I assume standard T1N era steel Sprinter wheels. Not sure of lug number or pattern... but there are 5- and 6-lug that have been used I believe.
Okay, checked my wheels and yup... standard 16x6 steel 5-lug Sprinter wheels mounted with LT245/75/16 BFG KO2s. :rockout:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That's the official crabby proving grounds. Not a single bike hasn't been hucked off it.

Almost drove the mower off it this summer, but that's a story for another thread

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yea the Ohlins stuff is a weird color. Not quite yellow, not quite gold, not quite orange. It's like school bus yellow. I was hoping the yellow bits matched the Ohlins decals/spring, but did not compute as trajected. Fuck it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yea the Ohlins stuff is a weird color. Not quite yellow, not quite gold, not quite orange. It's like school bus yellow. I was hoping the yellow bits matched the Ohlins decals/spring, but did not compute as trajected. Fuck it.
Yea that's just odd, I always thought it seemed mostly yellow. Fucking color matching. Doesn't look bad at all though.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yea I'm happy with how it looks for sure.

Really built it for how it rides though:headbang: hoping for snow meltage and a ride soon, even if it's down in RI with buddies down there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Lady on a bike got pancaked by a double gravel hauler yesterday. He never knew he hit her. There is a class A bikeway that parallels a 4 lane road that comes from the local quarry. The path crosses the on ramp to the state highway. It hads its' own set of cross don't cross lights. Semi had a green and was entering the transition to the state highway. Rider came off the bikeway into the road on a don't cross signal and never looked. died at the trauma center

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
New-to-me gravel bike wheels acquired for a really reasonable price, and they are MINT. Pretty stoked on that. Shimano RX disc, they appear to be the RX010 flavor. Not a super fancy wheelset, but nicer than what I have now... and now I have a rear wheel that can be dedicated for indoor use and a better set of wheels for riding outside IRL.

New-to-us Sprinter wheels also acquired, for 100% off of retail. Had to drive home in a freaking blizzard, but worth it for free wheels that are fetching a Benji apiece on eBay, and are almost non-existent at any price on CL. Now to do some haggling and finagling on a set of gently used Blizzaks to go on these new wheels...

If this wind keeps up I might be living in Kansas by the morning...
Or worse... my carport!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
You can buy Patagonia second hand and pass on to the next kind and they repair for free. So it can make sense vs buy some made in china crap that you throw out the next year. We give away all the stuff that is still working the friends with younger kids and they are not too fancy not to appreciate it.
I got 6 years out of an llbean jacket, and both my boys are tough on the clothes and gear. I can still it on to my nephew next year. Some gear is worth it...