Quantcast

¥§»Tuesday GMT«§¥

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatdaya say there, you little rocketeers! Happy Tuesday! Now was the eff up already.

Appointment with the knee doc today. I'm looking forward to finding out what's wrong and how long I'll be sidelined, but I am not looking forward to the prospect of a second surgery on the knee already.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Been having issues with my left upper arm for the past few days. I'm wondering if I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder. Not sure if I might have slept weird on it or something. Doesn't really hurt too much, just a really annoying uncomfortable feeling from my shoulder blade to my elbow.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well today has been good so far.... Good friend of mine got a well paying job close to home.....

And currently I have a mostly clean bill of health after today's doctors visit. The Kidney stones are out, they did some damage though on the way out. So at this point no surgery will happen, kidney function is on the rise, and there are currently no signs of bleeding..... that's all good news except that the kidney function is still low, The damage was visible on the CT scan from today but signs of healing are there. Got some new meds I have to pick up later that should help to promote kidney function and healing.

That's the best news I have had in a while..... Also cleared to start riding again but supposed to keep it light!!!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did another phone interview this morning. They are flying me out to interview next week. Drug company with a plant just a few miles from my house in Va. It seems they need a Mechanical Engineer to help with their manufacturing equip. Had pretty much given up hope on finding a job back home so this is pretty exciting.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And the pride of all Ridemonkey. Congratulations with the graduation are you ready for the huge paycheck?
The reality is I will probably make less money than I did before going to school. I got sucked into the world of technical marketing and hated it. The updated degree will put me back into a position that is likely to pay less but will make me much happier at the end of the day. I am likely to always make a reasonably comfortable living, don't see the point in suffering for a few extra bucks.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
:mad:

Fvcking furnace.
Fvcking burn ban. :rolleyes:

We usually heat with teh wood stove, but we haven't had rain in a few days and there's a burn ban. Plus no new pow pow to play in... boo.

I also await news from my doctor! Been having some issues and lots of testing and co-pays later... we have a result :weee: I see the doc on Thursday and will get on a treatment plan, I was so excited that there is a treatment plan I didn't even care what the result was! :rofl: Happy times!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i saw the meat puppets there and the jesus and mary chain....

someone tried to get me to see dmb there but i knew better....
Since the closing of trax they have built an outdoor pavilion on the downtown mall that is a great place to see music. Drawback is that shows have to stop at 10:00 per noise ordinance. Following a very long refurb the Jefferson theater has opened and is great for those longer and louder shows. With Music Today and several growing music management agencies based in C'ville, that town gets some great shows considering the size of the town.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
i saw the meat puppets there and the jesus and mary chain....

someone tried to get me to see dmb there but i knew better....
I don't know what place you are all talking about but this reminds me! BUFFALO bought our tickets for the Pennywise show at the end of the month!! :weee: Won't be the same with the new lead, but should be fun! We saw them there a couple years ago and in Vegas before that! Stoked!

*edit* at the Shobox sodo

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fvcking burn ban. :rolleyes:

We usually heat with teh wood stove, but we haven't had rain in a few days and there's a burn ban. Plus no new pow pow to play in... boo.

I also await news from my doctor! Been having some issues and lots of testing and co-pays later... we have a result :weee: I see the doc on Thursday and will get on a treatment plan, I was so excited that there is a treatment plan I didn't even care what the result was! :rofl: Happy times!
Antibiotics :rofl:

Last edited:

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Antibiotics :rofl:
I wish it were that simple!!!!

Actually, we fired up teh fireplace for probably the first time in 5 years. Only thing that kept us from freezing, though it does a sh*t job of heating anything other than the living room. Flame sensor was bad, we now have whole house heat again.
When we run our wood stove, it keeps the upstairs about 82-86 :D it was "cold" last night using the furnace at 67 :rant: Makes you wonder how I ever lived in the snow!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I don't know what place you are all talking about but this reminds me! BUFFALO bought our tickets for the Pennywise show at the end of the month!! :weee: Won't be the same with the new lead, but should be fun! We saw them there a couple years ago and in Vegas before that! Stoked!

*edit* at the Shobox sodo
going to see soundgarden again friday....i hope the sleestaks aren't out in force like they were when i saw them in philly...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Actually, we fired up teh fireplace for probably the first time in 5 years.
our beagle mix was a masochist when it came to laying in front of the wood burning stove at the first house we lived in in virginia.....surface temps of about 900 and he's fvcking sound asleep in front of the thing...