Quantcast

¥%¥Slacker Thursday GEE EM TEE¥℅¥

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Another day, another meh. Can we FF to beers, please?
Big boxes with new guitar and stuff should be arriving at my door today. Perhaps I should disclose to wife before they get here. :think:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Hung out with my older bro for a while as he's in town on business. We ended up going to ride bicycles at Apex and I took him down Enchanted Forest. He had an absolute blast in spite of coming from sea level and not even 4 hours later I was dragging him to the top. Moments like those are definitely something I miss being so far away from my family.

IMG_1546.JPG

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Work, Work Work...I am training a new hire as try to get all of my crap done at the same time. Must practice patience and can't be my usual grumpy self at work.

Bikes in the woods tonight. Hooray!!!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Survived the ride in. Down to 50min for 12 miles vs. the 1:04 I stared at 2 weeks ago. I don't think that I can get more than another 5min off anytime soon.
Concert in the park tonight. Boss stressing that she wants me to get my CRPC done asap so that she can put me onto a high net worth focused team. More study at work it is!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Yesterday's yard work has made a cripple out of me. It's hell getting old. Yard looks nice though. I wanted to ride today but wife has some teacher meeting thing, so not sure it will happen/

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My badge keeps working, so I guess I'll keep showing up here. The one day I have a meeting I actually looked forward to I have to miss due to scheduling conflict. Yay, meetings suck.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I over achieved with sleep last night and am having a pretty good lazy start to the day. I don't have any yard work or other commitments for the entire day. I've never loved a shovel and don't have a yard... that part is easy.

I need to buy a bladder as my rides are getting longer and the days are getting hotter, 70oz isn't enough. Thinking about a local epic on the north side of the river or I might go exploring in the mountains between here and Helena.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I rode in. I did not purchase a Specialized AWOL yesterday because the geometry is all whack. Perhaps some of you knew this before.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wife called the cops on the neighbors last night. they apparently had their power cut and have been living off a generator for ~3 weeks now. you can smell the gasoline when you walk past. thankfully we live a few houses away, but apparently the immediate neighbors have the gas smell in their house, and the one neighbor's 10yo daughter has been getting migraines (why they haven't called the cops themselves idk).

anyways, she called "anonymously" but was still required to provide her info? nervous about that, the dude that lives there seems pretty sketch, and comes and goes at odd times, and i frequently hear him yelling (they have 3 kids, feel bad for them in this situation). now currently considering if i should go buy a gun.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
wife called the cops on the neighbors last night. they apparently had their power cut and have been living off a generator for ~3 weeks now. you can smell the gasoline when you walk past. thankfully we live a few houses away, but apparently the immediate neighbors have the gas smell in their house, and their 10yo daughter has been getting migraines (why they haven't called the cops themselves idk).

anyways, she called "anonymously" but was still required to provide her info? nervous about that, the dude that lives there seems pretty sketch, and comes and goes at odd times, and i frequently hear him yelling (they have 3 kids, feel bad for them in this situation). now currently considering if i should go buy a gun.
Ahhh... the suburbs.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
wife called the cops on the neighbors last night. they apparently had their power cut and have been living off a generator for ~3 weeks now. you can smell the gasoline when you walk past. thankfully we live a few houses away, but apparently the immediate neighbors have the gas smell in their house, and the one neighbor's 10yo daughter has been getting migraines (why they haven't called the cops themselves idk).

Is there any law against running a generator in the neighborhood? If not I don't think calling the police will be productive, vigilante squads are more effective. It's what the pilgrims did and look where we are now!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Is there any law against running a generator in the neighborhood? If not I don't think calling the police will be productive, vigilante squads are more effective. It's what the pilgrims did and look where we are now!
township ordinances only allow for emergency usage such as power outages. that, and noise ordinances.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Eric should get his wife into this instead of just regular horse dancing:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
township ordinances only allow for emergency usage such as power outages. that, and noise ordinances.
Sounds like they need help more than the police. What a sad situation with three kids in the house. Not being able to pay for electricity does sound like an emergency.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sounds like they need help more than the police. What a sad situation with three kids in the house. Not being able to pay for electricity does sound like an emergency.
yea, i feel bad about the situation. the wife and kids are nice. i've never met them, but they always wave back. the husband just glares.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
in more lighthearted news, last night i found myself watching the original 1989 micheal keaton batman. holy cow was it cheesy. the icing on the cake is that the bullet sounds were right out of 1970's westerns.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The laws around here require exhaust venting a few feet above the roofline of the dwelling it serves and the cannot be within 50 feet of a property line, or something close to that. That effectively eliminates portables within the city limits.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Setting up registration here in Angel Fire for the ProGRT. Got a couple-three days of work ahead but also gonna get out for some riding. We're also talking the race director into letting us park Audacious at the DH finish line on Sunday and throwing a big ass party on the upper deck.

#istillpredictshenanigans #isaidupperdeck

Random thought, anyone else follow GFF and his adventures? I'm on the board for Warfighter Outfitters (his non-profit) and he spent some grant money over the past month getting 2 newish trucks and a boat for his trips.

http://bendmagazine.com/warfighter-outfitters/
Yup.

H asked me to go into town to get bagels. I turned it into a 28 mile mixed media ride with 2,960 feet of climbing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
driving to boulders younger stinkier brother to see black mountain.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today I did the first 8 miles of the local North Shore Trail as an out an back, it did not take as long as I I thought it would so I hit a 6 mile loop on the South Shore before returning home. I be tired. My Fox fork was too stiff but I had to deal with it since I'd left the shock pump in the wagon. I left everything on the trail, I'm wiped out and haven't a bagel to show for it...

http://www.mtbproject.com/widget/trail?v=3&map=1&type=trail&id=7004809&x=-12375675&y=6031129&z=7%22%3E%3C/iframe%3E

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just found out I am being moved from the basement to the 3rd floor. I am losing my window seat, that sucks. But I don't think I will miss the vagrant street side show I get on this side of the block. There is a George Jefferson reference in here somewhere...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I just found out I am being moved from the basement to the 3rd floor. I am losing my window seat, that sucks. But I don't think I will miss the vagrant street side show I get on this side of the block. There is a George Jefferson reference in here somewhere...
Watch out for "a glitch". :homer: