Quantcast

( ¥ ) Lørdag GMT ( ¥ )

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
It's barely Saturday. I'm full of Jameson.

Booked my registration for Oslo SusCon. Time to get a big ol' jet airliner.

Ears are ringing.
Torche was amazing. Kvelertak was awesome and loud as hell.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
morning deuce felt like it did a three point turn and back flip before evacuation......

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm a snot and cough machine this week. About time I get over this. Gah.

At least last night was fun: someone got food trucks to come out to a local park (not an official event) and the people from the neighborhood came out in force and just swamped them. Lots of parents, kids, and dogs, because Stapleton.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yello.

It is apparently supposed to rain today, but the sky pure blue.

About to go change out the tires on my car, pick up some Jamaican patties and then heading out the trails. Should be good.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Early Saturday Lunch.
Where intending to clear alternate lines off a trail today already'd been done during the week. Instead pulled back all the downed limbs (lots) and cleared out derailleur breakers for a couple hours. Found a bent to the ground small tree under some heavy stuff. New lease on life for the lil' peckerhead.
Probably have gummied some clothes I just put into the clothes dryer with Sap previously unnoticed on my hands :homer:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Day 4 of mountain bike riding in a row yesterday... this May is way better than last May so far. BBQ for buddy's birthday after. Today is ski party followed by spontaneous hut trip with a pretty lady. Yes, the same pretty lady from the whiskey's earlier this week. #mightbeahabit

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I fucked up this morning pretty hard. I was too excited for riding and forgot to get the patties. Derp!

First ride done and now waiting for other people to show up at some different trails. It is spitting rain, so I'm guessing they'll bail. Oh well, their loss, more trails for me. :)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Long list of things to do today, mostly checked off. Rain-hail-rain cycle is well underway. Time for a beer, grilled cheese and bacon to follow.

There's this ritual called Green Up Vermont. Just spent eight hours on and off the Moonlander pulling the Bob trailer and stuffing green bags with roadside trash. Car parts, kid's toys, Bic lighters, beer cans and other beverage containers (apparently no one ever finishes a bottle of store bought water). Discovered two car crash sites, a Kia and a VW. Discovered mud buckets painted green, two holes drilled in bottom, filled with soil - local people growing dope. Lots of jumping over ditches and scrambling up and down steep banks and through underbrush. More red neck gym, I guess.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There's this ritual called Green Up Vermont. Just spent eight hours on and off the Moonlander pulling the Bob trailer and stuffing green bags with roadside trash. Car parts, kid's toys, Bic lighters, beer cans and other beverage containers (apparently no one ever finishes a bottle of store bought water). Discovered two car crash sites, a Kia and a VW. Discovered mud buckets painted green, two holes drilled in bottom, filled with soil - local people growing dope. Lots of jumping over ditches and scrambling up and down steep banks and through underbrush. More red neck gym, I guess.
Are those two buckets now occupying your b-shed?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What a wonderful day, even if I was bailed on by some dudes. They missed the hell out, the trails were PERFECT today.

Someone on our Wednesday night group ride pointed out a super steep chute, so of course today I went and rode it...alone. Not sure if dumb or stupid, one of the two but it got my blood pumping a bit. Haven't ridden anything that steep since going to Bromont.

Looking from the top, the trail goes straight down to the bottom of a valley with a big river.

@slyfink the forests here are right on the verge of exploding with Trilliums. I can't wait to check out this other spot later this week; the forest floor turns into a blanket of them.

I think it is bong shed time and then sleep. More riding to do tomorrow. :)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went to the Thuper Awethum trail, stopped a lot to pick up sticks, cut branches, trenched a puddle, then got caught in a thunder storm. Should have taken the natural warning signs more seriously. When the leaves on the hardwoods start to turn up, rain is coming. Hopefully the winds did not un do all the work I did. Be nice to have a clear trail in a few days.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
8 hour trail bike ride. Pizza has been ordered. I intend to watch hockey and do little else for the rest of the evening.

Went to the Thuper Awethum trail, stopped a lot to pick up sticks, cut branches, trenched a puddle, then got caught in a thunder storm. Should have taken the natural warning signs more seriously. When the leaves on the hardwoods start to turn up, rain is coming. Hopefully the winds did not un do all the work I did. Be nice to have a clear trail in a few days.
I have never managed to figure out that leaf inversion trick.