Quantcast

§§§§§§ -- Wednesday GTM -- ‰‰‰‰‰‰

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Today I worked on a quotation. This particular quote lands on my desk every 6 to 18 months. I am told that it is urgent that we update it and get a new version to the customer. This has been going on for nearly a decade. Today’s iteration involved a minimum of 20 emails, three online meetings and many many f-bombs from me.

When a C-suiter said “looks like they’re finally gonna order!” I got a good belly laugh.

coolstarrybradotbitmap

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Still coughing a bunch but my breathing feels a little better today, I think.

Supposed to be going to SLC this weekend to visit some friends and ski, but don't think that's going to happen. :(
If things turn around and you end up in SLC, give a shout. I'm headed there on Saturday and will be skiing AltaBird Sun/Mon/Tues.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
And orange valve cap dicks

If you do consider one, look at the Prusa printer. Not as fancy and @CrabJoe StretchPants but less than half the price if you are willing to assemble it yourself, can print stronger materials if you want to actually make useful things.
And/or look used like I did. I paid less than 1/2 retail and it came with 9-10 rolls of filament. Guy bought it new last year and used it about 10 times, and it shows.

This can print PET and nylon, which is all I'll ever really need. Anything beyond that, it's something I'm machining anyway.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Nothing like waking up to reports of avalanches burying houses and condos all over the place last night. Had a bunch of friends out on rescue missions, thankfully no injuries or deaths yet but shit is nuts.

Hopefully slyfink is impressed
Just catching up on teh :monkey: , I was stoned on pain meds for much of the day yesterday...

but I'm touched you're looking to impress me. that's sweet.

Glad that you were able to wake up.
I too am glad you were able to wake up. that's an impressive amount of snow. can there really be too much of a good thing?! hopefully it keeps the rich, entitled douches away for a while.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I too am glad you were able to wake up. that's an impressive amount of snow. can there really be too much of a good thing?! hopefully it keeps the rich, entitled douches away for a while.
Well the weekend rush probably starts tonight, so GLWT.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
A quick google search says Tahoe is going to get a few more feet of snow, 100 mph wind gusts and an onslaught of tourists from the Bay Area clogging the roads. @kidwoo either fades away or makes national news for setting fire to any and all Teslas that make it up his street.
With any luck, the fires will melt his ice dams!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A quick google search says Tahoe is going to get a few more feet of snow, 100 mph wind gusts and an onslaught of tourists from the Bay Area clogging the roads. @kidwoo either fades away or makes national news for setting fire to any and all Teslas that make it up his street.
if @kidwoo is gonna go out like that, he'd turn his snowmobile into some sort of killdozer