Quantcast

§¶§Friday gmt§¶§

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy Friday!

I think I need to visit the doctor. While I am no longer coughing up both lungs, my ears are royally fubar'd. It feels like I have cotton balls stuffed inside of them and when they finally pop, everything is loud as hell. Have to find my health card before this though...hmmm

Besides that, I'm pretty excited for this weekend. Having a low-key bachelor party tomorrow for a friend, which involves a keg and going to an axe throwing place (basically darts, but with axes) with said keg. :Alcoholic:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Happy Friday!

I think I need to visit the doctor. While I am no longer coughing up both lungs, my ears are royally fubar'd. It feels like I have cotton balls stuffed inside of them and when they finally pop, everything is loud as hell. Have to find my health card before this though...hmmm

Besides that, I'm pretty excited for this weekend. Having a low-key bachelor party tomorrow for a friend, which involves a keg and going to an axe throwing place (basically darts, but with axes) with said keg. :Alcoholic:
50 cents (or whatever you have in canada) says you had bronchitis that led to a sinus infection

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Just got back from the courthouse. I was filing the "go fuck yourself" papers. The guy that bought (and has since re-sold), my old house is suing me in small claims court for a supposed hidden defect. (A "hidden defect" that his own home insepctor pointed out in his report before he bought the place and said "hey you might want to look into this"...and then the guy left it for 20 months). So he's trying to sue me (and my ex) for $15k

So I have three simulataneous legal issues. (One of which is ALMOST resolved).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One would think, wouldn't one. But this same guy also (unsuccessfully) sued my realtor and HIS realtor for something regarding the house too. So this guy is a peice of work. So far it has cost me over $500 in bullshit. (for which I am counter claiming).
What a waste of time that guy is... That blows.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I am somewhat heartened to see the 6 Baltimore cops charged in the Freddie Gray murder.

In other news, I've worked half this week, with the other 2.5 days academic/research time. This was a trade for in June (not at my request), where I'm going to have a 7 day stretch of work in a row.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A growth on my pups leg ripped open last night. Initial diagnosis is a Mast Cell tumor. Likely the beginning of the end for the old man.

Good news is that Cubby does not seem to be bothered by it one bit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Happy Birthday MMike!!!

It's Friday bitches. Should be a nice weekend. Have my little brothers house warming party on Saturday, then the lady and I hit Browns Camp on Sunday. She is really digging the full auto quad. I should be able to get some solid ride time in since she just has to sit and follow. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Decided to spend some cash on a nice commuter bike. If I spend 1 hour every day on the bike better have something nice.
Dont' you live in NYC? I thought nice commuter bike and NYC were not compatible?!

It's poutine fest here (again). I had a Thai coriander-beef poutine. It was.... interesting. My buddy's chicken pad-thai poutine looked much better.

Hope to ride this weekend, weather is looking good. I'm betting bugs will start appearing soon....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Howdy all. I am somewhat heartened to see the 6 Baltimore cops charged in the Freddie Gray murder.

In other news, I've worked half this week, with the other 2.5 days academic/research time. This was a trade for in June (not at my request), where I'm going to have a 7 day stretch of work in a row.
Hope you don't get sued

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
sup yall.
TGIMFF...amirite?
Anyone heard of Twitch.tv?
Been testing out livestreams on it all week. Just scraped together a PC to use for streaming....I fkn hate Windows & cant remember how to use it. >.<
some shenanigans from the test....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Dont' you live in NYC? I thought nice commuter bike and NYC were not compatible?!
Well if you leave them on the street its not. I am buying a bike that will take really big tires 35c or bigger, hydro dics brakes and full fenders. Plus with 105 replacement parts are pretty affordable. After riding both my single speed and road bike its what I think will be best for the city riding. This is what I have ordered GT Carbon Grade 105.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well if you leave them on the street its not. I am buying a bike that will take really big tires 35c or bigger, hydro dics brakes and full fenders. Plus with 105 replacement parts are pretty affordable. After riding both my single speed and road bike its what I think will be best for the city riding. This is what I have ordered GT Carbon Grade 105.

Very nice. After destroying many wheels on the road bike and killing myself on my downhill bike, I bought a cheap CX as my commuter. I can hop curbs and not worry about it. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Hope you got some beans too.
Not at place #1. Their beans are ok, but there's better. The better place is on my way to work, so I stopped off ... on my way to work!

Nice. If it takes fenders I'm going to assume it takes a rack/panniers too?

I have a single-speed (not fixie) urban bike with matching metal fenders, rack with baby seat, and basket in front. (NOT a hipster-bike thank you very much). It's really practical, but goddam do I hate the sound of all those accessories clanging and rattling as I ride over rough city streets. I can't wait till I don't have to have the baby seat anymore, and I can maybe get rid of the permanent fenders in favour of temporary ones that can be put on only in case of need.