Quantcast

§¶° vendrediGMT°¶§

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
What would you like to know?
First, you need to like the basic anise flavor. The stuff comes in the 150 proof range and isn't meant to be consumed right out of the bottle. It came from a era of impurities and less than ideal distilling methods, so it helped to blend it with water and a sugar cube. This is not unlike the origin of the cocktail; mixing booze with soda to tame the flavor of the rotgut.

My glass has a bulb in the base, which is meant to be a marker for how much absinthe to pour in. Once the water is added, it would be in the right ratio. The water is poured in slowly, over the sugar cube on the slotted spoon, which allows the cube to break down over the length of the pour, so it doesn't need to be stirred.
What's your poison? I discovered St Georges awhile back. It's pretty spendy but nothing else I've found comes close IMO.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
What's your poison? I discovered St Georges awhile back. It's pretty spendy but nothing else I've found comes close IMO.

It isn't bad for stuff you get in the US, and has been my go-to for windows of time. Kubler and Pernod have impressed me by being much better than I'd expect, tough not exceptionally wonderful.

I used to order from here when I used to drink more: http://www.alandia.de

I'm currently drinking this and enjoying it. I'd take it over the St. Monkeybone.