Quantcast

§€Sunday Funday§€

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Breakfast made. Painting bike and cleaning house on lost for today.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Realized we missed about half of Costco needs yesterday, so back today. Decided to go to Snobahn with Haley for a lesson, because why the fuck not. When I tossed the idea she was fucking stoked. She bailed my ass out hardcore with Whistler because I totally forgot to pull out my passport. Snobahn was the prize for saving my ass.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Mountain Lion has been ridden. 43 minutes from my garage on the eastern plains to the red barn, not bad at all.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Perfect temps for a ride.
Still sweat my ass off due to fast guys and tough trails beating me down.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah just had an on the couch blowout. While I was in the shower. Haley kept it mostly in control, but holy shit... Shit over 3 cushions in a bad way

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
With two little kids I feel like everything is coated is piss shit and milk.

Takeing the fam out in the canoe maybe a little fishing.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back in the city. Le sigh.

As soon as we crossed the border and neared Montreal, the lady friend exclaimed "damn.....it IS flat as shit here...". Speaking of the border, we got grilled with questions by the Canadian side, even had to show them ownership for my car. The guy seemed highly suspicious as to why we didn't take the short way back through horrific buffalo and through Toronto.

Took the scenic way up vt100 yesterday and stopped at Ben and Jerry's and in Burlington for lunch/dinner. Ben and Jerry's was a shitshow; 11/10 would not do again.

Drove from Ottawa to Toronto in the dark and had to constantly deal with derpheads going incredibly slow in the left lane, with their high beams in to boot. Ughhhhh.

Anyways, trip was awesome. Vermont was beautiful and we both liked not having to deal with big city stuff for a week.

Side note: happy to come back and find that after a week of no water, my tomato plant isn't completely dead. :)

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I feel today years old as a mountain biker. Granted, my bike is very old school and I have not been looking at new bikes as close as I usually do. But we went up to Bachelor because I have never been (not to ride this trip, unfortunately). I was looking at the new Nomad and was blown away. I knew bikes were running 12 speeds now, but 11-50? 50? The rear cog was bigger than the rotor. I feel so old.

I upgraded my bike in '10 to SRAM X0 9 speed 12-34. I will be bringing my bike next trip and look forward to riding my old as bike with these crazy ass bitches. All 44# of it. :rofl:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Well I only caught a towel off the bottom of the lake. Kids wined most of the time. But I had a good time.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The library was open. I had some shit to look up. No staff was available. I was able to use the "System" (terminals left on in various areas to facilitate librarian stuff). I was able to ascertain that it was returned and not shelved. I found it on a cart in the hallway by the bathrooms in short time. I will smuggle it back in when I am done with it. No fucks given...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A puppy would be great for the kids
Haley wants a kitten. While we were at King Soopers yesterday, she was trying to negotiate getting one. Her argument was that she'll save up $200 to pay for it. I countered that she'd have to save up $400 to pay for all of the first year expenses and $50 every year going forward to help pay for it. Haley was a bit surprised by how expensive cats are, even to adopt.

A guy in the aisle near us heard the conversation and laughed out loud when I told her that. As we walked by he was laughing still and just said "that's awesome".

We're not getting a fucking cat, puppy, or anything beyond a beta, maybe. The beta is pushing it.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I feel today years old as a mountain biker. Granted, my bike is very old school and I have not been looking at new bikes as close as I usually do. But we went up to Bachelor because I have never been (not to ride this trip, unfortunately). I was looking at the new Nomad and was blown away. I knew bikes were running 12 speeds now, but 11-50? 50? The rear cog was bigger than the rotor. I feel so old.

I upgraded my bike in '10 to SRAM X0 9 speed 12-34. I will be bringing my bike next trip and look forward to riding my old as bike with these crazy ass bitches. All 44# of it. :rofl:
I bumped the Yeti to a 1x10 11-44 about 5 yrs ago. Worked (and still does) just fine. I just wanted a new toy.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I bumped the Yeti to a 1x10 11-44 about 5 yrs ago. Worked (and still does) just fine. I just wanted a new toy.
Not sure that would fit on the RM7, I would have to look into that.

It just seemed like a 32x50 was a bit much. I guess I would have to ride it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've got a 36 front and for lifts it's great. I will see what a 32 feels like. I haven't gotten out with that sweat ass fork I got. Bachelor had some really nice looking runs. Now that the wife's buddy live in Bend, I can ride while they visit.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've got a 36 front and for lifts it's great. I will see what a 32 feels like. I haven't gotten out with that sweat ass fork I got. Bachelor had some really nice looking runs. Now that the wife's buddy live in Bend, I can ride while they visit.
I'm 32 up front and can ride with it, but suffer on steep stuff. Like toshi said, wheels are bigger so it changes gearing slightly too. I just checked and my gears are the same 26 vs 29. I'm going to say that's why going uphill is harder.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Suffered through 65 degree temps and tacky dirt for a good 4 hour ride. Rode the trail that I fuckered my hand on 2 years ago kind of carefully, remembered how it was only fun if you go fast. So went back and rode it again quickly, just maybe not at the mach derp speeds I was going when I hurt myself.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm 32 up front and can ride with it, but suffer on steep stuff. Like toshi said, wheels are bigger so it changes gearing slightly too. I just checked and my gears are the same 26 vs 29. I'm going to say that's why going uphill is harder.
I rode 2 different 27.5"s at Ski Bowl a few years back, but that was that only trail time I've done on them. I know full well I would ride more with a slightly more modern bike, but I need to ride period. My thumb is about 90%>