Quantcast

§∆§ Tuesday GMT ∆§∆

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
WTF? Fuck giving him a place to stay - tell him to go straight to the goddam tire shop and get some goddam snow tires. It'll serve him right, the amount of time he'll waste waiting for the tires to get installed... :rant: :D
He's a resident, not an attending. Low(ish) fixed income, yo. Plus he has 5 kids at home, I think, because Mormon. Winter tires aren't in the budget (although I totally agree they should be a priority around here!).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What was the role? I could handle that commute in the summer :D
It was a Storage/Backup Admin position. I *really* wanted to take it, but the salary was kinda ridiculously low. Add in that the tuition benefits for dependents was pretty poor as well, and I couldn't justify it. Tuition benefits for *me* would have been stellar, but I fucking hate school. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
He's a resident, not an attending. Low(ish) fixed income, yo. Plus he has 5 kids at home, I think, because Mormon. Winter tires aren't in the budget (although I totally agree they should be a priority around here!).
JHFC - he can't afford to NOT have snow tires. Tell him to at least get a big box of metal screws and screw them into his all-season tires... :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
JHFC - he can't afford to NOT have snow tires. Tell him to at least get a big box of metal screws and screw them into his all-season tires... :D
I think you meant screw them through his worn out all seasons so he's forced to buy something sensible for where he lives instead of being a danger to the rest of us.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I think you meant screw them through his worn out all seasons so he's forced to buy something sensible for where he lives instead of being a danger to the rest of us.
Srsly - I think some new-ish residents to our fair city are going to be in for a surprise when we get a winter (not saying this is the one, but maybe?) that comes in early, and doesn't let up. Can't really remember the last time that happened -maybe 06/07? Didn't start that early (mid-Dec?), but fucking snow stayed around SOLID until March, IIRC.

1572366891706.png

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Srsly - I think some new-ish residents to our fair city are going to be in for a surprise when we get a winter (not saying this is the one, but maybe?) that comes in early, and doesn't let up. Can't really remember the last time that happened -maybe 06/07? Didn't start that early (mid-Dec?), but fucking snow stayed around SOLID until March, IIRC.

View attachment 138167
I remember 2004...Dimebag Darrell's death, the tsunami in Sumatra and the epic snowstorm near new years. Our street in Aurora didn't get cleared until damn February.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got back from attempting to get my boots fitted. Guy looked at them, measured my feet, then promptly said "where did you get these? They are the wrong size on two fronts: boot is a size up and toe box is an E when you're an A." So yeah... Time to get new boots again.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
4-5" since this morning here, but it hasn't budged from 10 freedums all day.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
It's not terrible here at Anschutz but certainly still snowing. As it will for the next 24 hours or so!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Just got back from attempting to get my boots fitted. Guy looked at them, measured my feet, then promptly said "where did you get these? They are the wrong size on two fronts: boot is a size up and toe box is an E when you're an A." So yeah... Time to get new boots again.
What size did they recommend you wear?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Yeah - that's the usual "Skiers First Boots" story. :D

My first pair of boots were probably 1-1/2 to 2 sizes too big. They were pretty comfy, but when I went in 6-ish years later for a proper boot fitting I got the right size. And was surprised because they were so much smaller than the 1st pair.

Did you go to Eskimo Ski shop? The guy that did my most recent boot there was really great to work with...

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
74 here with no snow or skiing to report. I did ride my bike though. and people round these parts can’t drive when the suns out. God help us if we get snow. Floridiots go home. Leaves are past peak already.