Quantcast

^§^ halloween gmt °∆°

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work. And of course this shitty contractor isn't here on time.

First frost outside for this area and holy tits is it cold. It appears that the windshield washer fluid in my car has frozen as well; not sure how are why, it was rated to -35. Hopefully it didn't split one of those little tubes!

Also carved some pumpkins last night. We'll see if any kids are out tonight, government is saying not to, but it sounds like people will still be trick or treating. There's no covid cases where I live, so might dawn the mask and dump all the candy to the first few kids, if there are any.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
For about the 4th time this week the DSO woke us up in the middle of the night barking at wildlife outside...

Need to work out where to ride, trails are likely icy/muddy/slushy...

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
No kids so today is just another Saturday. Pretty chilly out this morning but I may muster the courage to ride later. Wife and me usually do a night ride in Halloween..

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Remember Sean Connery.

R.I.P.
:(

fuck 2020

it's sunny and cold out. My kids are at dryland training. then we're doing a Hallowe'en scavenger hunt in our court (there's about 30 kids that live here). I'm hoping to escape for a ride at around 4, the warmest time of the day and right when the sugar high will kick in.

btw, has anyone had dry needling done before? I've been having an issue in my neck/trap/shoulder. Went to see a physio who gave me some exercises to do. at the third visit she did dry needling. I was sore as fvck last night, but this morning, the pain is almost all gone. she figures one more session should really help. I'm impressed, but I guess we'll see how long the effects last.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
btw, has anyone had dry needling done before? I've been having an issue in my neck/trap/shoulder. Went to see a physio who gave me some exercises to do. at the third visit she did dry needling. I was sore as fvck last night, but this morning, the pain is almost all gone. she figures one more session should really help. I'm impressed, but I guess we'll see how long the effects last.
Wife has such things now and then to address muscle issues.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wifey just ate "plant-based egg replacements" since she is apparently allergic to eggs. Ate a bite ang spit it out immediately. Apparently it's really bad. Hannah spit it out onto the floor. 0/10 do not recommend.

Work around the house and CFP study today. MIL's house is not safe for the kittens and she's done nothing to make it any better over the time she knew we were getting them and had them. I burst her bubble last night that we didn't think she should take them (or any) until she's unpacked since she moved. For context, we won't let the girls go over, and they are big enough to not get lost and stuck in the mess. Wasn't a fun conversation. Sometimes it feels like I'm having to talk to a little kid explaining things.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Picked up a DPX2 to try out. Tune is slightly different than what came on my Yeti; compression damping is lighter, rebound is heavier. Might be perfect for east coast riding, but we shall see. Stroke is a shade longer, so I can eek another 1/2" of travel out of my bike with no downside.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yo!

Picked up a DPX2 to try out. Tune is slightly different than what came on my Yeti; compression damping is lighter, rebound is heavier. Might be perfect for east coast riding, but we shall see. Stroke is a shade longer, so I can eek another 1/2" of travel out of my bike with no downside.
Yeti's aren't known for having structural issues, I'm sure it will be fine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Wifey just ate "plant-based egg replacements" since she is apparently allergic to eggs. Ate a bite ang spit it out immediately. Apparently it's really bad. Hannah spit it out onto the floor. 0/10 do not recommend.

Work around the house and CFP study today. MIL's house is not safe for the kittens and she's done nothing to make it any better over the time she knew we were getting them and had them. I burst her bubble last night that we didn't think she should take them (or any) until she's unpacked since she moved. For context, we won't let the girls go over, and they are big enough to not get lost and stuck in the mess. Wasn't a fun conversation. Sometimes it feels like I'm having to talk to a little kid explaining things.
Aaaaaaand you're keeping the kittens

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
10 mile run done, and going for a sunset hike tonight. I do a lot of running on the rail trail and the high school track, and this morning's run on roads reminded me why. Drivers can fuck off.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I repurposed my neighbors leaves to hide my Boobie traps. We all got together and established a perimeter. We even took all the parking spots on the streets around the neighborhood to prevent assholes from the suburbs who park here when they bring their kids here for trick or treating. Eric electrified the fire escape and the fence in the alley. Fire extinguishers have been distributed. Work lights have been setup between the houses and aimed towards the street. Complete lockdown commences at 5PM. We had our walk through with the neighborhood association. We assured them that none of the boobie traps are lethal this year. They made us put up warning signs however. They are going to do their best to discourage trick or treaters from entering the area. The Patrol group met with the Police Department community Liaison Officer. We have promised not to impede folks from walking through, but we can follow them until they exit the neighborhood. We are not allowed to detain anyone who has not committed a crime under any circumstances this year. Nobody under 18 at all.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I repurposed my neighbors leaves to hide my Boobie traps. We all got together and established a perimeter. We even took all the parking spots on the streets around the neighborhood to prevent assholes from the suburbs who park here when they bring their kids here for trick or treating. Eric electrified the fire escape and the fence in the alley. Fire extinguishers have been distributed. Work lights have been setup between the houses and aimed towards the street. Complete lockdown commences at 5PM. We had our walk through with the neighborhood association. We assured them that none of the boobie traps are lethal this year. They made us put up warning signs however. They are going to their best to discourage trick or treaters from entering the area. The Patrol group met with the Police Department community Liaison Officer. We have promised not to impede folks from walking through, but we can follow them until they exit the neighborhood. We are not allowed to detain anyone who has not committed a crime under any circumstances this year. Nobody under 18 at all.
I'd like to hear the story that culminated in these regulations

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Are kittens classed as keto diet compatible?

UK about to go into a month long lockdown, parents seem to be coping okay with the last 8 months...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

45453CC9-A224-4E93-A85D-FC01638B1EFD.jpeg

I exercised moderation. I didn’t eat most of the bread!