Quantcast

§ M § o § n § d § a § y §

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
the interview process for my current role lasted nearly 7 hours with a panel interview with at least 9 people, probably five 1 on 1 interviews, and a technical challenge assessment and presentation.
Did they ask you to open up a pair of scissors that had been blister pack-ed without any tools, and not chuckle at the irony?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah, fuck that.

Had an interview with Caterpillar like that right after grad school. Poliety excused myself from the remainder of the process before lunch.

I have never worked for a company where the interview process did not go as JBP said above.
Interview: hey come work for us for a day with no compensation!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'll trade you my Xbox for it.
I've told this story before, but when selling a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL-S back in 2013 or so I met up with a prospective buyer at a mall. he checked out the car. then he proceeded to offer me payment of a bag of quarters. an uncounted bag of quarters.

apparently he ran a coin laundromat.

I declined his offer of an unknown quantity of money-in-quarters. he was pissed. I told him to go fuck himself and drove off.

:D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The last awesome one I got was to trade for an Acre of land in themiddleoffuck Colorado.
The trailer was listed for $8,300. You can buy five acres in the same exact subdivision for $5000.
I give him credit for being ambitious, but it took all of a second to research it.
Then he wanted me to drive to SLC with it so he could check it out. I told him I would do that for a non-refundable $10,000 deposit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The last awesome one I got was to trade for an Acre of land in themiddleoffuck Colorado.
The trailer was listed for $8,300. You can buy five acres in the same exact subdivision for $5000.
I give him credit for being ambitious, but it took all of a second to research it.
Then he wanted me to drive to SLC with it so he could check it out. I told him I would do that for a non-refundable $10,000 deposit.
someone in reno wanted to trade me a shotgun and and old chevy monte carlo for my snowmobile. I said no.

I'll never make that mistake again

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
what's the number to your gallery?

I'm going to call you and say this same stupid shit to you
“Gallery” ? Lol that’s some funny shit. Dude is a phd at a museum. Ain’t nobody he talks to ever has to ask how much. I’m the one people say stupid shit to all the time. Some fools will even ask if I know where the bathroom is. Of course I know, but I just point to the bucket.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
“Gallery” ? Lol that’s some funny shit. Dude is a phd at a museum. Ain’t nobody he talks to ever has to ask how much. I’m the one people say stupid shit to all the time. Some fools will even ask if I know where the bathroom is. Of course I know, but I just point to the bucket.
All I know is that he hangs out with the artist George W Bush.

What's the lowest you'll take for the bucket?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Fucking October 2nd thunderstorms... :mad: :confused:
We just got pasted here. Because of course the garage is full of unorganized shit, I was totally expecting hail to waste both cars, but the worst of it seems to have cleared off. Clearing out the garage just went WAY up on the priority list.

My wife has managed to clear out some half way pricey items via FB with minimal fuckery, but its the lower priced stuff that seems to bring out the real nut jobs. The coffee table she wanted 20 bucks for has been subject to all kinds of half assery. The number of "will you deliver?" requests have driven her, who has the patience to teach 2nd graders, to start replying with "$100 dollar delivery fee" and any number of swear words.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
my fave "how much" story is when i bought us a major painting by an overlooked female ab ex artist in 2009 for $38k; fast forward ten years and comps on the auction market (which always lags the dealer market) are $1.5m. had lots of dealers calling to ask me "how much you take?" :rofl:

and the phd was out of spite and to make more $; you don't get anything else out of that crap, at least in my field. grad school is some proper bullshit.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well I got the new Covid booster and the heavy duty Flu Vaccine for seniors 65 and older this afternoon. Stood in line for 45 minutes to get it. Stunning African American nurse gave me the shots. She was way cool to chat with during the process.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
my fave "how much" story is when i bought us a major painting by an overlooked female ab ex artist in 2009 for $38k; fast forward ten years and comps on the auction market (which always lags the dealer market) are $1.5m. had lots of dealers calling to ask me "how much you take?" :rofl:

and the phd was out of spite and to make more $; you don't get anything else out of that crap, at least in my field. grad school is some proper bullshit.
I was advised to wait five years after undergrad then decide if I wanted to go to grad school. At the time advancing my metals education was appealing, however most programs were mainly focused on non metal media like plastic and fabrics. It was a trend for several years that had little to do with traditional metalsmithing. And since I had no intention of teaching at a university level I didn't see the benefit of accruing a significant amount of debt.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I was advised to wait five years after undergrad then decide if I wanted to go to grad school. At the time advancing my metals education was appealing, however most programs were mainly focused on non metal media like plastic and fabrics. It was a trend for several years that had little to do with traditional metalsmithing. And since I had no intention of teaching at a university level I didn't see the benefit of accruing a significant amount of debt.
I almost forgot........

where's my beskar codpiece?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've told this story before, but when selling a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL-S back in 2013 or so I met up with a prospective buyer at a mall. he checked out the car. then he proceeded to offer me payment of a bag of quarters. an uncounted bag of quarters.

apparently he ran a coin laundromat.

I declined his offer of an unknown quantity of money-in-quarters. he was pissed. I told him to go fuck himself and drove off.

:D
S wants to know is it still available?