Quantcast

©©©© ©BJ Friday on the mend GTM ©©©©

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Starting to feel alot better today from my dance with the rona and had mostly a good night sleep however still aided by some magical ibuprofen I bought in the states. The work really fast and take away aches quickly from both being sick and just being in bed for several days. Now I just need to get my appetite back and fill up with some good food.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:wave:

yesterday was hellacious but successful (mostly). Pig 100% fished. Fell asleep at 815. Woke up with legs still tired so no workout this morning. Should be a light day at work, so imma do that and come home.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Went for my first full ride last night - where I tagged along with my buddies and we didn't ride a truncated route, and I didn't bail on the ride before the end. Was a great success. But I feel stiff and sore this morning. The walk to the kids school should limber me up I hope

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Guess I made the oil to propane switch just in time. Paid $2.99/gal the other day for propane, while heating oil is pushing $6/gal round here. :eek:

Busy working and learning local building codes so I can attempt to modernize and eek out any energy savings during our home remodeling.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday is in full swing and we are out of fritters, so nobody tell the pups what day it is. I will be home by lunch and will stop at the donut shop on my way, I feel like a fritter failure.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Guess I made the oil to propane switch just in time. Paid $2.99/gal the other day for propane, while heating oil is pushing $6/gal round here. :eek:

Busy working and learning local building codes so I can attempt to modernize and eek out any energy savings during our home remodeling.
Probably a bit less efficient per gallon equivalent on propane, no? (If it follows bi-fuel propane/gas or CNG/gas vehicle trends.) 10% < 50% cost difference, though.

/me is interviewing remotely for a Florida job (would be 100% remote), working afternoon remotely from current job, then up to the mountains. Two more weeks of Devo.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yesterday was busy as fuck! Got my car detailed, had the house cleaned by the new cleaning lady, had an appointment with our new financial advisor (that went well), ran twice covering 14 miles, and of course WORKED. Back in the office today hoping for a boring day.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Probably a bit less efficient per gallon equivalent on propane, no? (If it follows bi-fuel propane/gas or CNG/gas vehicle trends.) 10% < 50% cost difference, though.

/me is interviewing remotely for a Florida job (would be 100% remote), working afternoon remotely from current job, then up to the mountains. Two more weeks of Devo.
It is less efficient yes. But you are correct, the reduced efficiency is more than compensated for by the cost difference, especially since my heat pump provides heat above 35* instead of being solely reliant on oil.

You know, that and I don't have 275 gallons of oil in a tank with dubious structural integrity, just waiting to spring a leak and make for a cleanup that would run into the hundreds of thousands that id have to cover out of pocket. That alone is worth it. The guys who hauled my oil tank away did say it was living on borrowed time.

It is less efficient yes. But you are correct, the reduced efficiency is more than compensated for by the cost difference, especially since my heat pump provides heat above 35* instead of being solely reliant on oil.

You know, that and I don't have 275 gallons of oil in a tank with dubious structural integrity, just waiting to spring a leak and make for a cleanup that would run into the hundreds of thousands that id have to cover out of pocket. That alone is worth it. The guys who hauled my oil tank away did say it was living on borrowed time.
In Vermont, they're aggressively inspecting and red-tagging fuel oil tanks. Mine is to be replaced this year.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Spent the morning between dogwalk and 0730 meeting putting a new HLR damper in my X-Fusion Trace, replacing the simple RC damper in my cheap Ebay OEM take-off. Holy crapballs, it feels great. Thing was always smooth as glass and stiff as hell, but the damper was spiky and made my hands hurt. This is a game-changer for the 29er.

Props to the distributor for telling me I didn't have to buy the $250 tool kit just to get the bleed adapter...I could use the RS Charger adapter (also eBay), and giving me critical advice on knocking out a little bushing that would have prevented installation of the new damper. Super-generous of him to help me out with stuff I purchased somewhere else, and I won't forget that.

Non-props to me for failing to realize the new damper showed up already filled and bled and needing to do it all again.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I’d like some nice tax incentives to make for a zero net cost swap over from my NG furnace to an air source heat pump. Biden pls

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I’d like some nice tax incentives to make for a zero net cost swap over from my NG furnace to an air source heat pump. Biden pls
If they are handing out tax incentives, I'd like some too. Solar panels, higher efficiency furnaces, insulation, HW heaters, appliances, you name it. I'm game for all of it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The click-shift on notifications/ads here is starting to drive me nuts on the desktop. That's some cheap-ass shit, lizards.

And I really don't need dog CBD ads on my work computer, either.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
So I am filling out 10 years of production history on a farm since a customer is switching the operation to his son. I retrieved the history from the insurance company, just to type it into another form to give back to the SAME insurance company. FML. :banghead: