Quantcast

©®¢¥SaTuRdAy¥¢®©

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 9.5 solid hours of sleep last night. Then I got up all ready to make eggs only to find there were no eggs in the fridge. :( So, it's an English muffin with peanut butter. Getting ready to head out for a 60 mile ride with the wife.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Out with the wife last night. Went to new Italian place downtown that was really good. Then we met some friends at a new distillery in town that was pretty bad. Some off flavors for sure, only had a couple drinks and I still have a raging headache this morning, will not be going back.

First day back to work after vacation. FTS already. :thumbsdown:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oil change and then riding today. Woot.

@stoney this is sitting outside. Something is hiding under there, note the STi Brembos....and rust free

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oil change and then riding today. Woot.

@stoney this is sitting outside. Something is hiding under there, note the STi Brembos....and rust free

Those are 19" JDM STI Enkei's. Definitely not cheap. His lack of a larger scoop makes me doubt it's an STI swap though. You need the extra airflow for the IC. Although possibly a FMIC hiding in there.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Those are 19" JDM STI Enkei's. Definitely not cheap. His lack of a larger scoop makes me doubt it's an STI swap though. You need the extra airflow for the IC. Although possibly a FMIC hiding in there.
My bad. False alarm, I went and looked closer and it's an automatic.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Lots of crap to get done this morning before I can go play. Tirs shop for a rotate and balance then off to get a work required TB test some 30 miles from here ( free vs me paying). Then I get to go ride

In the meantime I am making some really strong coffee to kickstart the morning

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Snow is the name of the game today. Given that perhaps it's not the best day to switch the winter tires off of the RAV4 EV, but today is when that's happening because of my schedule and the snow will be off the roads by the afternoon?

The redneck tires for the Land Cruiser (33" BFG AT KO2) will be installed next week.

Edit: almost forgot that we are headed to the Colorado Stmphony Orchestra tonight. We are going to take the new commuter rail into Union Station and then the 16th St shuttle to Champa. I like trains. :D

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! AM is much more reasonable for a Saturday. Checked the weather, made sure no one was on my lawn and am about to consume 8 shots of espresso. Coffee machine flashed a message "Empty Grounds Container". Screw that, it's Saturday bitches.

My Park ADT-1 torque driver arrived yesterday so today I am going to torque every bolt I'very touched over the last year.

Most likely a short trail ride this afternoon so that I save my legs for a more aggressive Sunday ride. I was hoping my new bike would magically be delivered late Friday afternoon since it arrived in Great Falls on Friday but no luck, Monday morning at the earliest.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Breakfast was good, coffe is making me poo.

Today will consist of ordering brake parts for the Dakota, and trying to get the boy in for a haircut.
I switch back to working weekends tomorrow, so work sun and Mon then three days off. We got the number for a local sitter that charges 26 bucks for seven hours. Probably call her up today and see if she will work out for Monday's or not. If so then it means I get to sleep once again between shifts more than two hours.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Looking like its gonna be the Silverado. Have to deinstall 3 amps, head unit, subwoofer,,speakers, and full 0 gague wiring, I am now regretting my foray into competition level (audiophile, not DB's) high end car audio.
Don't think I'm gonna do it for the new whip.
Well, maybe just a subwoofer....( and that is how it begins!)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Trails were ridden on a glorious sunny 60* day with hero dirt on tap.
Extra efforts made to narrow widened trail sections with deadfall and rocks.
Manicured corners were treated to the wrath my michelins, with particularly smoothed sections getting multiple passes and a dollop of freeride flicks to tear shit up.
I will return these trails to their naturally blown out condition if it kills me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good morning Monkies! AM is much more reasonable for a Saturday. Checked the weather, made sure no one was on my lawn and am about to consume 8 shots of espresso. Coffee machine flashed a message "Empty Grounds Container". Screw that, it's Saturday bitches.

My Park ADT-1 torque driver arrived yesterday so today I am going to torque every bolt I'very touched over the last year.

Most likely a short trail ride this afternoon so that I save my legs for a more aggressive Sunday ride. I was hoping my new bike would magically be delivered late Friday afternoon since it arrived in Great Falls on Friday but no luck, Monday morning at the earliest.
Wait another new bike? Didn't you just get a GT?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Wait another new bike? Didn't you just get a GT?
Yes, a 2014 Giant XTC to replace my... 2004 Giant XTC. There are amazing deals out there for slow moving mid range bikes taking up space in bike shops.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.advanced.27.5.1/14827/66312/#specifications

Decided to grease up the road bike today, my Serotta has been with me for a very long time and has been rebuilt 2 times - once in 1995 Dura Ace 9SP and again in 2004 with full a Campy Chorus kit. The frame had to be sent to the factory to increase the spacing since the bike was originally kitted with Ultegra 8SP. Even after 28 years this bike still rocks. As shown it weighs 22 LBS, with fenders removed, saddle, post, wheels and tires swapped out to the race bits it will come in at just under 18. I used this bike on several Ski to Sea races and routinely clocked the high 50s on the descent without any shimmy or need to brake. I'll probably die with this bike still on hand.
View media item 2803

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Trails were ridden on a glorious sunny 60* day with hero dirt on tap.
Extra efforts made to narrow widened trail sections with deadfall and rocks.
Manicured corners were treated to the wrath my michelins, with particularly smoothed sections getting multiple passes and a dollop of freeride flicks to tear shit up.
I will return these trails to their naturally blown out condition if it kills me.
:picsstfu:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Any CO monkey's want to watch Layla Thursday evening through Monday evening? Our backup fell through.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
A lot of those are going to be "in for routine service. Odometer reading verified" kind of junk entries.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I rode bike today, three hours of hero dirt, rocks and roots.

I also planted a bunch of veggies in a raised garden bed and mowed the lawn for the first time this year. The easy weekends are gone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy shit. Epic day was epic.

Road with a dude from our Wednesday night ride and one of his friends. We ended up doing three rides today in three different trail systems, cooked lunch trail side and then cooked dinner trail side. We totaled 40km of pure single track.

I am done. Absolutely cooked. My ass hurts. I think I ate about 4 bananas, two apples and who knows how many sausages. I have yet to poop...

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Holy shit. Epic day was epic.

Road with a dude from our Wednesday night ride and one of his friends. We ended up doing three rides today in three different trail systems, cooked lunch trail side and then cooked dinner trail side. We totaled 40km of pure single track.

I am done. Absolutely cooked. My ass hurts. I think I ate about 4 bananas, two apples and who knows how many sausages. I have yet to poop...
You carried a stove ? What's your pack ?

Sounds like a good time in the woods.