Quantcast

ªªªªªªªª Saturdays GTM coffee round two °°°°°°°°°°

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Back on the trainer. Honestly felt kind of good but I don't love the alignment on my knees. Not sure how that works out, but I think my body will figure it out eventually. Just not motivated to ride outside lately- leaves are covering the trails and makes my lack of skill even worse, and the cold weather just sucks the fun out of road riding lately.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Stoked there is a Snooze at DIA now. Had two fantastic meals in airports today, have to say, that is one thing in our lives that is getting better.
Snooze was downright Snoozy at 5:00 PM.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mechanical things require work. I was putting skid plates under the kart to protect the chassis and noticed while doing so, that one piston on the brake doesn't move. It looks like a 2-piston system, so brake rebuild incoming. Also had the chance to properly clean the chain and lube. Holy hell, does the axle spin a lot smoother. Apparently a dirty carb and clutch can leech over 1hp (8hp engine), so I need to get those processes down. Haley will have a mechanically sound kart at all times; the kart will not slow her down. This is the goal.

Local shop does proper fitting, so that will be getting done in the next few weeks. I'll see about having them go through the carb cleaning with me then too.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Rode a bike, installed water pressure booster pump.

Now I kind of want a bidet.
Bidets are the bomb. Once you have one you’ll look down (like @Toshi and I) at all the idiots smearing and rubbing their own shit round their assholes with bits of paper. Disgusting. :rofl:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Mechanical things require work. I was putting skid plates under the kart to protect the chassis and noticed while doing so, that one piston on the brake doesn't move. It looks like a 2-piston system, so brake rebuild incoming. Also had the chance to properly clean the chain and lube. Holy hell, does the axle spin a lot smoother. Apparently a dirty carb and clutch can leech over 1hp (8hp engine), so I need to get those processes down. Haley will have a mechanically sound kart at all times; the kart will not slow her down. This is the goal.

Local shop does proper fitting, so that will be getting done in the next few weeks. I'll see about having them go through the carb cleaning with me then too.
Ooohhh! MoltenSpeedWax the chain!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Damn, now I want a bidet. It’s way past my bedtime, and there’s still 2 more showers ahead of me. Have a family, they said…
Just make sure you water pressure is right. Power washing of the butthole might be more than you want.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ooohhh! MoltenSpeedWax the chain!
It's wax based moto chain lube.

I get to buy a spare chain, sprocket, and drive gear now too. Just because spares. As I go through each thing here I'm realizing that I'm going to end up with pretty much a spare everything soon. I've already got a container of spare hardware from McMaster-Carr (shop recommended, but I already had inbound). But I'll likely end up with everything minus the steering wheel, chassis, steering column, motor, and maybe an axle. All are stupid fucking expensive and can be bought at any large race if needed. One of those nifty rolling Husky (Home Depot brand) tool and storage chests are inbound to my life.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thunder was fun yesterday, arrived late but managed to do 8 laps. Rode teh enderpo bike as my cousin was on my DHR, and while the experience was passable, I'd pick a DH bike 10 times out of 10. My jumping still sucks but I am a bit faster in the corners now, which is nice.