Quantcast

«¦» thurzzzzzz gmt «¦»

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Haven't had an Espresso in a few weeks, fired one up this morning, and bombs away! Even made it to work so I got paid for it.

In other news, it's sunny and beautiful out, no rain, no ice, days like this are a nice reminder of why I pay so much to live here.

All of my fuel cans finally showed up, now to load them all up and run down to the gas station and fill them with non ethanol premium. I will now have 60 gallons of fuel set aside for possible power outages next to the new generator and transfer switch.

Why no natural gas hook-up for the generator?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Haven't had an Espresso in a few weeks, fired one up this morning, and bombs away! Even made it to work so I got paid for it.

In other news, it's sunny and beautiful out, no rain, no ice, days like this are a nice reminder of why I pay so much to live here.

Why no natural gas hook-up for the generator?
Wont be in this place for long, opted for a 9k gas genset so I can take it with me.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Class A Coaches are built with the same framing and construction and gross vehicle weights as commercial trucks and busses such as airbrakes, suspension, engine brakes, and commercial transmissions and are designed as a 400 hp+ diesel pusher whereas motorhomes are built with RV standards on 1 ton truck/van chassis and are typically powered with standard forward gas and diesel powerplants such as class B and C RV's.

Does that mean you need a Class-C to drive it?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
At least so far, it seems to be the case that for my daughter, she just has a cold. Sick for sure, but nothing dangerous. It helps of course that she was already vaccinated, and had no other underlying health conditions.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Does that mean you need a Class-C to drive it?
Even the largest of Class A vehicles dont require a commercial drivers license. Which I find crazy, having held a commercial license for most of my life with all the extra endorsements, it literally freaks me out knowing there are 80 year olds with zero heavy vehicle experience nor airbrake knowledge that are whipping these things around on public roads and running down grades like it is a prius. I think they should have a airbrake endorsement required at the bare minimum

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Even the largest of Class A vehicles dont require a commercial drivers license. Which I find crazy, having held a commercial license for most of my life with all the extra endorsements, it literally freaks me out knowing there are 80 year olds with zero heavy vehicle experience nor airbrake knowledge that are whipping these things around on public roads and running down grades like it is a prius. I think they should have a airbrake endorsement required at the bare minimum
My dad had endorsements to drive all type of fire apparatus as long as it didn't bend in the middle and he used to say the same thing a lot. Generally, right after some ding-dong ran their "motorcoach" into and got stuck under Tunnel Rock, or off a cliff coming down from Giant Forest.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Having witnessed on of those bombing down a mountain pass and coming oh so close to having wheels on one side come off the ground, I'd wholeheartedly support that.

Just read up on air brakes, which I hadn't previously. 1920s technology in the 2020s. How is it that they have not been redesigned to be reliable without all the crawl-under exercises?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Just read up on air brakes, which I hadn't previously. 1920s technology in the 2020s. How is it that they have not been redesigned to be reliable without all the crawl-under exercises?
Effective working temperature range and serviceability/cost have been the main reasons they havent changed over the years. The pneumatics simply work in all conditions and are inexpensive to maintain and replace as long as one knows to drain the moistures daily and check their cans and monitor tank pressures.

The main issues with users and ignorance of the systems is the spring brake activations at low pressures and how to unlock them when an activation has occurred. I see folks buy a new coach and ride the brakes down a hill until they hit a low air alarm and have no clue what it means and rather than use the engine brake and let the air build back up they stomp on the brakes harder, dumps the cans and cause the spring brakes to lock up essentially forcing the coach to skid the brakes on a descent at 65mph.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got a message informing me that my old group is looking for a manager. The guy I shared responsibilities with as a sr rep is now one of the managers and the one who informed me of the now available position. Basically a +2 level move in the company hierarchy in one step. 15-25% raise, but more stress...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
F management. As someone who manages 20 -odd people I'd rather earn less and not manage anyone.

The only reason I took my management roll was it meant I wouldn't really have a manager bugging me. I only used to speak to him every 6 months.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
ive never had good bbq west of the mississippi.....

but that sucks...
Uncle Reo hooked up the pork ribs and brisket. Snoop was on the radio ('98ish) one morning talking about his uncle's joint in Aloha. I had driver by, but never stopped before then. By far the best I've ever had, but I haven't tried it all.

Last time I talked to him (just before COVID) he was working on a new hot sauce and got me a toothpick of some. I tried to play it cool and he even offered me some milk, but that was the hottest sauce I've ever had and I've had some sauce.