Quantcast

«¦» thurzzzzzz gmt «¦»

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. We had a good run with small one (Alex) and not needing to be contact traced. Ended today with the girl next to her testing positive (she also is a hot mess when it comes to wearing a mask so they called a bunch of us). Fortunately, we are symptom free and fully vaccinated so no quarantine. Just watch for symptoms and we can have her tested if we so choose but not necessary unless she ends up with symptoms. Tall one's foot is healed for PT and then back to gymnastics so that she improve her mood. I've been on a streak making good dinners (roasted chicken and veggies/potatoes Sunday, homemade french onion soup and bread Monday, leftovers Tuesday and homemade chicken pot pies last night) but I am running low on ideas so tonight will likely be homemade sloppy joes and some air fried tots or brussel sprouts (my kids love them). Heading into the deep freeze so might not get much riding in. Did manage to get the fat bike down and put some air in the tires.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Afternoon. We had a good run with small one (Alex) and not needing to be contact traced. Ended today with the girl next to her testing positive (she also is a hot mess when it comes to wearing a mask so they called a bunch of us). Fortunately, we are symptom free and fully vaccinated so no quarantine. Just watch for symptoms and we can have her tested if we so choose but not necessary unless she ends up with symptoms. Tall one's foot is healed for PT and then back to gymnastics so that she improve her mood. I've been on a streak making good dinners (roasted chicken and veggies/potatoes Sunday, homemade french onion soup and bread Monday, leftovers Tuesday and homemade chicken pot pies last night) but I am running low on ideas so tonight will likely be homemade sloppy joes and some air fried tots or brussel sprouts (my kids love them). Heading into the deep freeze so might not get much riding in. Did manage to get the fat bike down and put some air in the tires.
Air fried Brussels sprouts you say...recipe please?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
oh ffs. dad went in to have his other lung drained today and the found an infection so now he has to stay in the hospital until early next week. so guess who gets to cash in some miles and go to maine tomorrow on the coldest weekend of the year and take care of his alzheimer's-y mother for a few days because my parents have no plan in place yet for this sort of thing? THIS FUCKER.

oh ffs. dad went in to have his other lung drained today and the found an infection so now he has to stay in the hospital until early next week. so guess who gets to cash in some miles and go to maine tomorrow on the coldest weekend of the year and take care of his alzheimer's-y mother for a few days because my parents have no plan in place yet for this sort of thing? THIS FUCKER.
I'm struggling to do all the legal shit I need to do to get our asses covered if I get hit by a beer truck - it ain't easy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Frustrating, but that's the right thing to do. Also some good proper cold is good for your bones.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Attempted a ride and had to abort. My fingers froze the moment I left the car and never warmed up. Well, they didn't warm up until after i bushwacked out to a gravel path, but by then it was too late. And my pants kept falling down. Frustrating, but oh well.

Also note to self, don't touch the hot as heck helmet light when said finger is defrosting. That shit stings.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You're not alone, you got this.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just talked to the current manager for a while. When I left, I was already doing 75% of the job, just not the staffing side. Also clarified comp - we're talking 40-50%/yr more once we look at bonus; base is 25-30% more.

Buddy just put his 60y/o dad into a facility because his dementia had gotten so bad. That whole process sucks. You should make sure that you get estate and POA structure put into place now too.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Back from the recert. So far I have passed the Written exam and 5 out of the twelve Palliative exams. We will do the final 7 Palliative exams tomorrow. I am having a blast at this recert. I am way better at EMS than anyone else in the class but then again I have been doing it for twice as long as any of my class mates

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Buddy just put his 60y/o dad into a facility because his dementia had gotten so bad. That whole process sucks. You should make sure that you get estate and POA structure put into place now too.
I had a relative with dementia who progressed quicker than expected and it became very difficult to transfer power of attorney because he just didn't get around to it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Just talked to the current manager for a while. When I left, I was already doing 75% of the job, just not the staffing side. Also clarified comp - we're talking 40-50%/yr more once we look at bonus; base is 25-30% more.

pretty sure poa structure is in place; my next trip up once dad is better i plan to meet with their lawyer to review everything. what they need to address pronto is a care plan with successive levels of aid. i've given them the name of a company that will do a survey and make recommendations for in-home help based ln their needs. dad has been putting it off. i don't think he will after this.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Idiot co worker tested positive, so the other idiot co worker allegedly was tested and now has to quarantine for 5 days while idiot 1 is out for 14 days. Leaving 3 of us to do the work of a 7 (Should be 10 or more...) person section during a very crazy time in our business.

I suck at sleeping, but the running streak is approaching 1000 days.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Idiot co worker tested positive, so the other idiot co worker allegedly was tested and now has to quarantine for 5 days while idiot 1 is out for 14 days. Leaving 3 of us to do the work of a 7 (Should be 10 or more...) person section during a very crazy time in our business.

I suck at sleeping, but the running streak is approaching 1000 days.

I thought you were retired? Sounds like you decided to do something different. You chose poorly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good friends had to make an emergency run to the hospital so they could pump out their first kid. Picked up their dog and took care of some shit around their house after they left in a hurry. Sounds like things worked out well and their daughter appeared happy and healthy a few hours later. Ungrateful fuckers failed to name their first born after me.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Good friends had to make an emergency run to the hospital so they could pump out their first kid. Picked up their dog and took care of some shit around their house after they left in a hurry. Sounds like things worked out well and their daughter appeared happy and healthy a few hours later. Ungrateful fuckers failed to name their first born after me.
pricks! "westy the teste" would be an awesome name for a girl!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Air fried Brussels sprouts you say...recipe please?
No recipe per se....I just wing these things....here's what I do:
Cut brussel sprouts in half. Toss with olive oil (or a little bacon grease if you're going to cook some bacon to toss with it at the end), desired seasonings (I use some onion powder, garlic and/or Mrs. Dash garlic & herb) and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl, pre-heat air fryer (360 works well for mine--I have an Instant Vortex); add the sprouts and cook for 10 minutes (less time if they're smaller and a little more time if they're larger), shaking when the machine tells me to turn the food. To serve, toss with some grated parmesean or some crumbled bacon (or both if you're feeling it) and enjoy.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
No recipe per se....I just wing these things....here's what I do:
Cut brussel sprouts in half. Toss with olive oil (or a little bacon grease if you're going to cook some bacon to toss with it at the end), desired seasonings (I use some onion powder, garlic and/or Mrs. Dash garlic & herb) and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl, pre-heat air fryer (360 works well for mine--I have an Instant Vortex); add the sprouts and cook for 10 minutes (less time if they're smaller and a little more time if they're larger), shaking when the machine tells me to turn the food. To serve, toss with some grated parmesean or some crumbled bacon (or both if you're feeling it) and enjoy.
nice! we do it this way:
sautee sliced garlic in butter/olive oil/salt/pepper/mrs. dash, etc, then turn to low, add halved brussels sprouts, cover and reduce to low for 15-20 mins.
our kids even eat them!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
nice! we do it this way:
sautee sliced garlic in butter/olive oil/salt/pepper/mrs. dash, etc, then turn to low, add halved brussels sprouts, cover and reduce to low for 15-20 mins.
our kids even eat them!
Yes! I have done this a bunch too. And it's even better if you dice up some bacon and cook it then add a little butter and onion & garlic before you add the halved sprout. SO good! We very rarely have any leftovers.