Quantcast

«««««« Sunday ∂MT ………………

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Boiling hot today. So camping at a cafe doing a little work and catching up. Had a Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel yesterday where they invented that cocktail. Not that it's anything special but met up with a friend in town for business and we had a good talk. He is off to Bangkok and my girlfriend recommend that he go see the Ping Pong show.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Tenerife holiday before new jorb with GF. GF told me I'm crazy for wanting a hike off the beaten track, with scrambling in full sun. So no beach visited by literally 1 group per month for us. Going on a normal hike. I'd still prefer Madeira over Tenerife but we have an awesome forrest home. No cell service. Dark AF at night. Closest homes a few km of hills away.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Found a nice set of 18.4-42 Firestone deep treads on marketplace. Score. Around $2,000 less than new ones a tire.

Should finish sweeping up raccoon shit and 100 years of trash today. Back story. Bought my grandparents place off of my dad 10 years ago. The bank barn was the last spot to get completely cleaned out. My grandparents were hoarders so you can only imagine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Found a nice set of 18.4-42 Firestone deep treads on marketplace. Score. Around $2,000 less than new ones a tire.

Should finish sweeping up raccoon shit and 100 years of trash today. Back story. Bought my grandparents place off of my dad 10 years ago. The bank barn was the last spot to get completely cleaned out. My grandparents were hoarders so you can only imagine.
Find anything cool or noteworthy in the hoard?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Find anything cool or noteworthy in the hoard?
They had an auction when they passed so most of the larger stuff got sold then, but so far:
Erector set (funny thing is my dad has no memory of ever playing with this and it appears new)
50’s toy corvette that has a little nitro engine and it would have ran on a wire track
A bunch of 1900-1923 era mason jars with lids.
A lot of Hemingway glass insulators

Also they owned a pizza shop from the late 50s through the late 70s. Found a new box of the pizza bags. Kept a couple to frame.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I splurged and got some fancy silicone Rain-x wipers and some actual Rain-x for the car the other day. I shall do that this morning and then ride this afternoon.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Good.
Saw arial video of the river arts district and my old studio in a two story building. Water was almost up to the second floor. Way worse flooding than when I lived there.
dude i don't even know where to start...the whole western part of the state is fucked...so many roads washed out, just for starters...houses washed away, towns destroyed (swannanoa, chimney rock, erwin, tn)...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
dude i don't even know where to start...the whole western part of the state is fucked...so many roads washed out, just for starters...houses washed away, towns destroyed (swannanoa, chimney rock, erwin, tn)...
Gah…
Saw video of Erwin and looks like some of the buildings are still intact at Uncle Johnny’s Hostel which is right next to the Nolichucky.

Truly terrible.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Happy Sunday-funday everyone. Spend WAY too much time at school yesterday coaching a FH game and then chaperoning a Soccer game. Today is laundry, cleaning and teaching lessons at home in between helping SqEarl rebuild the deck (currently digging footers to replace the old failing ones, but the old deck is ripped off and some of the new frame work is taking shape. One of these days I will get a day off!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

washed minivan and vacuumed it out. kids are dirty little creatures

now some moonlighting, because of course, and then cargo biking the wee one to a swim lesson, during which I will read happily on my Kindle :)

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have found that silicone wipers is 110% better and last way longer too.
I've been using rainX spray since I was a kid being it was what went on all the tractor and machine glass, due to wipers not covering the whole window surface, when the blades came out in 2001 or so I've been using them nonstop since. Some have lasted more than 2 years on the jeeps, but about once a year is needed for the big Ford curved windshields.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy Sunday Monkeys.

It's amazing how the outdoors brings out the poop in my dogs. Did our usual walkies with a poop each this morning. Then the wife wanted to take them to the park and they both pooped again as soon as we got there. 4 poops in 2 hours is a lot of shit, just saying.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Holy Sunday Monkeys.

It's amazing how the outdoors brings out the poop in my dogs. Did our usual walkies with a poop each this morning. Then the wife wanted to take them to the park and they both pooped again as soon as we got there. 4 poops in 2 hours is a lot of shit, just saying.
Turds are just part of my dog's territory marking repertoire

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have found that silicone wipers is 110% better and last way longer too.
I just noticed that the two blades touch, dammit.

I found it odd that one of them was missing the yellow protective strip on the actual wiper.

I'm guessing some d-bag returned this and put a different size in it....

But yeah hopefully these last and work well. Winter's chew them up pretty good.