Quantcast

«««Thursday GMT»»»»

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Girlfriend surprised me with a first class upgrade for my flight home, using some of her sister's miles that were about to expire. Win.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I slept last night like a butthole with a ghost pepper crammed up it. Which is to say, NOT WELL. Rolled out of bed at 5:30 for a 5 mile run this morning and have 7 more to do after work.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. 9 degrees. I will work from home this morning and run to Costco before rolling in for an afternoon of true work. I need a bunch more storage bins, useful for packing expensive to move books now and for storing the kids' plethora of toys later.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
yep it lasted 14 years and 260,000 miles before breaking
Then it probably wasn't the cold that did it in. Unless... you hit a speed bump with a cup of super hot McDonald's coffee in your hand? Anyhow, auto glass, with the exception of windscreens, is typically the longest lasting component of any vehicle. It's not mechanical and does not degrade or rust in the elements.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work, but leaving 2 hrs early. Friend has been smoking ribs since Tuesday night for tonight. He's from MO, so it's gonna be good.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Then it probably wasn't the cold that did it in. Unless... you hit a speed bump with a cup of super hot McDonald's coffee in your hand? Anyhow, auto glass, with the exception of windscreens, is typically the longest lasting component of any vehicle. It's not mechanical and does not degrade or rust in the elements.
Our 4Runner has had the same crack that goes ALL the way from side to side across the windshield for about 12 years now. Still holdin strong

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I too get to leave work early which should give me time to get stuff ready for hosting a party tonight. Woot woot, Happy New Years Monkeys!!!!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Our 4Runner has had the same crack that goes ALL the way from side to side across the windshield for about 12 years now. Still holdin strong
:stupid:

Crack in the wrangler windshield about 3/4 of the way across. Been there for years. Every spring I say I'm going to change it, but I don't drive it all summer, then winter roles around and they start sanding the roads again and so it seems silly to do it until spring, and the cycle continues.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:stupid:

Crack in the wrangler windshield about 3/4 of the way across. Been there for years. Every spring I say I'm going to change it, but I don't drive it all summer, then winter roles around and they start sanding the roads again and so it seems silly to do it until spring, and the cycle continues.
This. Windshields only get replaced when the cracks finally invade the driver's field of vision.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still somewhat morning Monkeys.

Drove in this morning so I could call into a meeting that lasted 2 hours, I had 4 minutes of input on. I will be leaving shortly to play video games with the little monkey.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went for a hike today. I put about 10 Scooby Doo band aides on my heel, in hopes of avoiding making the blister worse. Don't think it worked... I need to just tape them up until they decide to man the F up and get with the damn program.

On the way back to the car, I caught up to a cute mom with a little dog going up the steps in the pic below. These steps are gnarly and steep. I made no attempt to pass her on the climb. :brows:

Beer in hand now. I think I better stay out of the bong shed, to avoid social awkwardness at the gathering tonight.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Howdy all. 9 degrees. I will work from home this morning and run to Costco before rolling in for an afternoon of true work. I need a bunch more storage bins, useful for packing expensive to move books now and for storing the kids' plethora of toys later.
I like the concept of reusable storage containers, but the reality is less desirable. Most of the things I've stored long term in air tight, plastic bins have developed a distinct vomit odor. Never had that happen with a card board box. Guess it breathes better than plastic.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Went tobogganing with the kids today. They are starting to enjoy it more, which is good. (though I think it's caus they realize they have no choice and better make the best of their "shitty" situation!)

Headed out in a bit for an end-of-year wind-down with wife's friends (who are all very nice and which I like) but it's not gonna be an off the chart party though...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was supposed to spend nye with the MIL. We were there for an hour before her dog almost bit my kid in the face. We were packed and gone in under 10 minutes. So we got home around 930, and managed to get a takeout order in with Uno pizza before they closed.