Quantcast

««¿?▀▄▀▄▀▄ƒµ®|øµg├┤__ ╔╤╗¤ иd Æ▀▄▀▄▀▄¿?»»

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well, either way, I wasn't coming to work. It's sort of a tradition that the president gives the day before xmas off, so it was already a holiday. Not sure which one started it, but at least it's continued. If you have payments due you can get into trouble when these things go on for a while.

Sucks more because sitting around recovering from surgery is real boring and I can only take apart my bearings and regrease them so many times...

At least once again there'll be more work than we can ever get to when we get back...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I find these Wingdings confusing.

Looking to procure a Model 3 before year end. May or may not come to fruition.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I hope you're leasing from out of state
Vehicles in-stock here in Colorado. I called tonight and was assured that delivery before Dec 31 is feasible for the full tax credit. Just hinges on exactly how badly I'll get raped on the Volvo buyout vs. actual residual value at this point.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Already bailing on the Volvo? It took you longer to get the paperwork sorted than you were able to drive it
The decision to do it now rather than later is due to the tax credit for Teslas starting to sunset Jan 1. I'll get some hard numbers tomorrow to see if I'll pull the trigger.

Interesting:

That said, up in Alaska I see Ss, Xs and 3s.
I was watching that earlier tonight, actually. I also went by and sat in my former co-worker's Model 3. Long range dual motor. It has adequate headroom and the paint/panel gaps looked ok on his.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The decision to do it now rather than later is due to the tax credit for Teslas starting to sunset Jan 1. I'll get some hard numbers tomorrow to see if I'll pull the trigger.

I was watching that earlier tonight, actually. I also went by and sat in my former co-worker's Model 3. Long range dual motor. It has adequate headroom and the paint/panel gaps looked ok on his.
The one thing that really bugs me is all the guys ripping on the interior of the S and other Teslas, as if having a bunch of switches to flip and shit somehow makes a car "good". It's like they prize that over function and ergonomics. Just because it looks "clean" doesn't mean is bad IMO.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
BING? That still exists?
I have to explain to our IT guys when they suggest looking on the MS help pages that "I don't trust those guys, after all, they wrote this program...". I usually get a lot of agreement.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
BING? That still exists?
Yeah, used to have to do lots of copying and pasting of internet deals on my brother's site. For that Bing was better than Google as Google had way more shady gray import stuff in the first few pages and I didn't post any of those sites as they undercut decent companies by using a tax loophole. The Chinese don't seem to bother paying bing coz nobody but me uses it.

I come from a hipster family, everyone bar my sister is still on Windows phones, hahaha!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The decision to do it now rather than later is due to the tax credit for Teslas starting to sunset Jan 1. I'll get some hard numbers tomorrow to see if I'll pull the trigger
Ok that part I get but please stop going through 3+ cars a year. You do realize that's part of the problem right? Driving an electric car isn't gonna offset that.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Ok that part I get but please stop going through 3+ cars a year. You do realize that's part of the problem right? Driving an electric car isn't gonna offset that.
I'm not seeking an electric car to save the planet. I think that's futile. I think I may have created a thread about that. Instead I like how they drive, and their environmental marginal benefits are a nice side effect.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Working for 4 hours today. Locked in the basement waiting for probably not very much to happen. My downstairs "office" where I work when people are home is a guest bedroom which is currently occupied. Instead of my normal view of the open space and mountains, I get to look at a wall today. Great.

Took Haley to a park yesterday that has a ton of cement climbing walls that are built like natural terrain really, really well. She spent half her park time (over 45min) just climbing on the walls. My Dad, who was a spelunker back in his youth and helped mapped caves for the Park Service, was really surprised by her climbing. He hadn't seen her climb yet and thought that I was just over selling her ability. She was in her Converse and was getting pretty pissed when she couldn't toe into cracks or get onto little nubs with her feet. I hate to say it, but she's far better climbing than she is on her bike with far less effort. I think that and skiing are really her sports.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm not seeking an electric car to save the planet. I think that's futile. I think I may have created a thread about that. Instead I like how they drive, and their environmental marginal benefits are a nice side effect.
Have you done the math on panels yet?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ecars: tax subsidies for the 1%, dedicated parking spots for people who don't need them, soon coming dedicated tunnels leaving the 99% of the plebs out. Save the planet my ass.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
If you really gave a shit, you'd quit having kids.

:D
Save the planet, kill yourself.

Have you done the math on panels yet?
Already have 2.6 kW on the roof of the house. The rest of our electricity used to be offset by wind RECs, and as of next month will be offset by our share of a 50 MW (!) solar farm run by Xcel. Except for a gap these last few months our electricity is zero carbon, for what that's worth.

I think it’s pretty apparent that @Toshi’s Give-a-shit-o-Meter is perpetually pinned at exactly “Zero Fucks Guven”.
I am like the honey badger. Also note that I help prolong the lives of the ailing, thus increasing carbon load. Much better environmentally to let everyone die. Many of these studies are performed on machines that rely on liquid nitrogen-cooled superconducting magnets.

It's not a sustainable place we've backed ourselves into.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not seeking an electric car to save the planet. I think that's futile. I think I may have created a thread about that. Instead I like how they drive...
I'm with you on that. my buddy gave me a lift yesterday on his Bolt. It's so nice how they can pre-heat the car before getting in, without idling,from your phone. Torque off the line is nice, as is on-ramp acceleration. The Bolt''s suspension is pretty taught, so it rides a little like a go-kart. I find that fun.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I spent Christmas Eve evening welding up a spit for a 44 gallon drum BBQ, it spins on a 20mm hub that has been chopped in half and affixed to each end of the drum.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
You're right. It's best that nobody does anything.

I'll be building power plants, where the wind goes in one side and comes out the other side the same color.
Note that I'm not rolling coal myself. I just support a realistic skepticism. The world is going to get warmer. The seas will rise. Instead of hoping that magically all worldwide carbon dioxide production/release from its current liquid or solid forms will cease by 2050 and we cap at 1.5C rise I think efforts would be better spent on mitigation for what will happen.