Quantcast

«±» homey its a toozday GMT «±»

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You have to adjust valves on a Subie? Last time I did that was when I had a $700 pit bike.
He doesn't do the work, so he's not pushing for it. You can hear the clacking, so it's definitely valve issues.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so i think i figured out away to turn those rewards points from work (see yesterday's GMT) into amazon gift cards. that plus about $50 would get me a Gaggia Classic Pro........

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
so Denver reversed it's pit bull ban. :clapping: good dogs are good.
Im in fort collins. But i have my first pitty puppy. Ive never met an agrassive one and ive met more than i can remember. They REALLY are such sweet dogs. Maybe not the brightest. But its the asshat owners that have given them a bad name

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Im in fort collins. But i have my first pitty puppy. Ive never met an agrassive one and ive met more than i can remember. They REALLY are such sweet dogs. Maybe not the brightest. But its the asshat owners that have given them a bad name
I agree. Some of my favorite dogs are pitties. They're smart and SUPER affectionate, and no more dangerous than ANY other breed of dog that hasn't been mistreated. Shit, worst injury from a dog I've ever seen was from a sheepdog.

this is always helpful, and of interest to @Full Trucker ...
dog breeds.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
so Denver reversed it's pit bull ban. :clapping: good dogs are good.
I grew up with friends who had very aggressive Pitts and so I have always stayed away. When I got Abbey, she was supposed to be Rottie Rhodesian Ridgeback but it's obvious now she's Pitt. But she is the most loving and non aggro dog ever. She will protect her little brother, but she has never been aggressive towards anything.

I knew then it was the dads that made them angry and to be honest, I didn't blame the dogs then, either.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Turns out the nurse wanted a URINE sample. That's why she knocked and asked if I was okay in there when it took 15 minutes. SUPER awkward now.
I just heard a great story about a new-hire manager who showed up to the first day of a new job... and immediately failing the urine test for drugs. Walking papers immediately issued.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just heard a great story about a new-hire manager who showed up to the first day of a new job... and immediately failing the urine test for drugs. Walking papers immediately issued.
i found out last week that a QE i absolutely hated got walked out by the police a while back.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Pitts are some of the loveliest, goofiest breeds around - to people. Not so much towards other dogs unless in the hands of responsible owners.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
QFT

One of my shitty neighbors has a bunch of shitty chihuahuas, really inbreed POS dogs that run around with turds hanging out of their buttholes. He lets them out to shit in people's yards, and those rats constantly run up my driveway and start barking at me, in my own goddamn garage. I've yet to nail one with a chunk of wood, but I'm getting closer.

Meanwhile my pit mix doesn't understand what cats are, she thinks their just furry rocks, but is scared shitless when those damn rocks start hissing at her. I'm still a little unclear on how she managed to survive on the street long enough for animal control t pick her up.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just ordered a new pair of hiking boots. After 4 resoles the inner liner was splitting and the rands were tearing on my Vasques. I had a bitch of a time finding a pair of 13EE boots with a wide enough toe box and comfortable high ankle support to protect the surgically repaired left ankle joint. I'm damn picky on footwear. If its not a perfect fit in the store it's gonna kill my feet out on the trail. I didn't want to spend as much as I did but as soon as I put these on my feet screamed "buy this pair you dumbass" so I did. I tried them on at REI but after working there I detest spending money with them plus I had a $50 Amazon gift card that I won in a raffle. So online I went. Should have them next Tuesday
ASOLO Fugitive GTX
Asolo Fugitive GTX.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^^ to the guys giving me the monocle , yep they are higher end but I have worked too hard rehabbing my shattered ankle to go cheap and eff it up again......and hell it was only $75 more ( less tax) than I budgeted
Sometimes good quality is just worth it, especially for the amount of hiking you do.

image-asset.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just watched a video of some drunk guys playing with a sword and one dude tries to cut a sausage (?) the other dude holds in his mouth. I'm not going to unpack all that but he cuts the guy's nose off.

And that was probably the highlight of my day.

Neighbor got video of some doper wandering around their yard with a samurai sword.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just had discussion with Subaru shop about repairs. Valves are maladjusted but not an issue for now... Got the sales-y try to upgrade the services (which all shops do) and noted when I did my STI swap a few years ago I didn't do any of that additional work and even with heavy track abuse it didn't cause any issues. Pretty much killed that part of the conversation immediately.

I believe the actual technical term is Needz Moar Shimz

Or at least different ones.