Quantcast

«·· this is your Friday GMT ··»

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's finally really fall in Colorado, and I'm ready for a white girl in yoga pants to magically appear with a pumpkin spice latte and tell me all of the things she loves about this season. I think if I rub a venti Starbucks 3 times while repeating the phrase "Frye boots on sale at Marshall's" this will probably happen.
Han Solo season.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
where was insomnia when i needed it....wanted to drive to western nc early this morning....fucking woke up after 9:00...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@stoney and @Westy today is the first day I've ever heard of a guibo, First thing that came to mind was this;

I just spent the last few hours dicking around with my bike, installing some new rotors, pads and bleeding the brakes. Why does bleeding brakes always take twice as long as it should? Oh yeah, maybe its because I own Elixirs and the back brake went straight to the bar and felt like a donkeysponge after the first bleed. It feels marginally better after a 2nd attempt. Just going to roll with it as-is. Its not horrible, but it feels a little spongy and the lever doesn't rebound that fast. The pad contact thingy has a little wiggle in it, I'm guessing that the lever is fubar'd.

That front brake though, god damn what a perfect bleed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@stoney and @Westy today is the first day I've ever heard of a guibo, First thing that came to mind was this;
I only know of such things from my obsession with old European sports cars. They were used in the half shafts for old independent rear suspension before CV joints became popular.

However something very similar is used regularly as servo motor couplings in industrial applications. Designed to be torsionaly stiff while allowing for slight errors in alignment.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hour and a half trail ride. Super sunny, 60°, beautiful fall leaves, drifts, perfection. Post ride beer, then nap. Woke up, made Mexican, now more beer.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Getting closer to finishing a nightmare piece that has been giving me fits. Will be so glad to have this thing done. Other orders are piling up and the phone is starting to ring.:panic:

I need a helper monkey that can run an acetylene torch.

Sadly, no bikies today.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tried to stuff a Pork Loin with apples and corn bread and then grilling it. Toothpicks burned up and failed as a retention aid. Apples fell into the charcoal and cooled the fire down enough to stall cooking. 3 shots of moonshine got the fire hot again. Looking at the empty jars says I have already failed. New knife is really fucking sharp.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tried to stuff a Pork Loin with apples and corn bread and then grilling it. Toothpicks burned up and failed as a retention aid. Apples fell into the charcoal and cooled the fire down enough to stall cooking. 3 shots of moonshine got the fire hot again. Looking at the empty jars says I have already failed. New knife is really fucking sharp.
It works better if you partake in the moonshine too.