Quantcast

«*» No sleep GMT «*»

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
What's this, Thursday? Good morning.

Super ride yesterday on a hot sunny day. Steep, rocky and in the trees. No pics. Use your imagination.
Won a Garmin 510 last night. Anybody have one? (I know, read the manual)

4am ... seems like a good time for some coffee.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning, sunshine. Haley got sick all over the living room last night. I got to spend last night steam cleaning the carpet. I can't wait until we get the hardwood put in. Because of her getting sick, I get to spend today at home because we can't take her to daycare. At least I will be able to put the bike onto the trainer and get in some miles when she naps.

Also signed up for a half Ironman in Austin on October 26. I started training 2 weeks ago for a local sprint, and the fitness is coming back quickly. I was 250 at the beginning of May, and I'm already back down to 237. It doesn't sound like much, but it's a starting point. Hopefully, with training I can get down into the 190 range by race day. That should make things easier. Well that and the 4000' elevation drop.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

No sleep is right. Something started beeping in our house around 2:30am. Took the battery out of the upstairs smoke detector... nope that wasn't it. Took the battery out of the downstairs smoke detector... nope that wasn't it. Finally figured out it was a low battery in the hallway CO detector. Then had a hard time falling back asleep. Ugh.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! Grilled and swam last night, it was pretty awesome.

Tonight we ride! I'm looking to get revenge as last time I did the five mile descent with a flat rear tire. Picture Rock I'm coming for you.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Went to a Zydeco dance lesson last night and I am very bad at it. Shocker, I know, white guy has issues dancing. But at least I do have some rhythm. Topped off the night with wings, beer, and fried Nutter Butters.

<edit> The beer is a Fire on the Mountain brew called Electric Mud Stout, pretty good. Their beer is pretty good, but the wings are amazing, as are the Nutter Butters.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
At home from work today, as Haley is sick and can't go to daycare. Spending my day so far trying to find a decent priced tri bike. The wookie bike is too tall to just convert over, so I need to find something new. I've found a new, old stock 2011 Specialized Transition, but it's still $2300 shipped. I've debated just getting a frame and swapping over my build from the wookie bike, but I still need to get bars, brake levers, shifters, and a saddle. That puts me very near the cost of a whole bike though.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
fvcking hell ... the day is half over!

best part about the high(er) country; no mosquitoes.

stoney: for as many times as you'd race, wouldn't you be better off with a drop stem, some clip-ons and using your road bike?

also, go Hawks (whew)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. About the worst traffic I've witnessed coming into work today. At least I was headed north on I-5. Per radio there was a backup for 10 miles (!) of southbound I-5 heading into downtown. Expansion joint failed, 3 lanes closed during peak commute hours. Nice.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
stoney: for as many times as you'd race, wouldn't you be better off with a drop stem, some clip-ons and using your road bike?
Part of the height of the wookie bike is that the tt is shorter. a drop stem would only bunch me up.

I also intend to do a few olympic races over the summer too, so it's not a one shot go. Plus, it's one of those buy once, never again bikes. the wookie bike is probably the last roadie I will have for a very long time. the SB the same thing. I'm at the point now that I just want to get it done once and done right, then call it a day.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Howdy all. About the worst traffic I've witnessed coming into work today. At least I was headed north on I-5. Per radio there was a backup for 10 miles (!) of southbound I-5 heading into downtown. Expansion joint failed, 3 lanes closed during peak commute hours. Nice.
A few issues with bridges in that neck of the woods over the last few months, eh?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That other bridge issue was way north near dear Canadia, iirc. Also contributing to the fun is an I-5 shutdown for Vice President Biden's DNC fundraiser at some (probably fabulously expensive) private home in Seattle at noon today.

Right now all escape routes home are red on the Google traffic map.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My house guests are doing Bong Hits and drinking shots of Jamesons. I have like 10 bikes all piled up in my living room. Somebody is cooking Kielbasa on the grill. I guess you can't get good Kielbasa in Philly. I ate enough Smoked Herring to regret it. The Cat and the Puppy haven't stopped fighting since I came home. Just nuts. 3 Beds 2 couches and 7 people. I'm to old for this hippy crap...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Looks like the Lyme Disease call was a bit premature. Woke up today and starting to feel a lot better already.

I had a tick get me good last weekend, and throughout the day Wednesday I had flu-like symptoms coupled with nausea and aching pains all over my body set in. Thought for sure it was another flare-up, but now it's looking like it was just a coincidence.

So, trying it now actually worked.